1.12 AV is bad and Bliz should feel bad

You think it’s cute that you just say “gross” to bone chips, but it’s not.

Vanilla AV was the best AV and one of the only reasons I was excited for Classic WOW. This is not classic this is a monster hybrid that you’re making to run on your cloud service.

This is unfortunate and clearly not being made for the players.

5 Likes

1.12 AV is Vanilla AV. Saying otherwise borders on braindead.

4 Likes

So patching out bonechips is how you make vanilla? What do you call vanilla? Chocolate chips? Mint chocolate chips? Cookie dough?

What word, in your opinion, better describes the AV that was released before they removed the troll, and the drops, and all that jazz?

I mean, I don’t want to be braindead, and I feel like it would help our conversation.

I think the point here is that Blizz knows from statistics that AV was not hugely popular during vanilla especially after WSG and AB were introduced.

Thus they think now that they need to bring out the most modern version of the AV in Classic. This is a mistake as the people playing Classic will largely be the ones that actually liked Vanilla and not the “retailers” for which all these so called “improvements” were made for.

So for this audience they really should bring out something like 1.7 ish version because that is what this customer base actually wants.

2 Likes

Did they originally patch bone chips out in Vanilla? Yes they most certainly did.

Anything that was in the game between the launch of World of Warcraft and the implementation of patch 2.0 in preparation for the launch of The Burning Crusade. That’s not what I “call” Vanilla; that’s what categorically “is” Vanilla.

All of these things happened in Vanilla. So…I call it Vanilla.

1 Like

well there’s a possibility that some countries, not gonna say who, but some countries, dont want bones as collectible turn-ins.

1 Like

Okay so you see, how I might say pre-1.12 AV is “vanilla AV”, while you consider anything and any change made between launch day and TBC “vanilla”.

How does this warrant you calling people bordering on braindead?

Do you call OS X (10.14) Vanilla? It’s not OS XI. Clearly there are major differences between the original OS X release and Mojave.

What words would you like someone to use to describe the state of AV that was in play before 1.12? Thanks.

It wasn’t just the “gross” part, it was an attempt at humor to disguise the removal of the quests that those items represented.

Blizzard made the wrong decision here. Those that did not like the old versions length could go play AB, WSG or a myriad of other stuff to fill up their playtime. We had this one, specific thing, and blizzard chose the most gutted, neutered, dumbed down version.

Ignore the troll. He’s been carrying on like this in every AV thread.

1 Like

Because…it is braindead? 1.5 AV is just as much Vanilla AV as 1.12 AV is.

Ironic on both points.

This is probably what’s ticking me off the most about Bliz lately. They jump in the forums when people are clearly upset and say things like, “I just love when portals are removed because it makes the world seem much larger. Don’t you agree?”

Or.

“We totally want you guys to love classic and we want to recapture the feeling of WOW back in the day, so we totally made a video of all the cinematics going backwards. Also, we’re sharding, phasing, titanforging, and AV will just be a turtle shell matching game. Awesome right?!”

What a joke. 1.12 AV is bad and Blizzard should feel bad.

I think that statistics show that raiding in vanilla was not “popular” and only a small % of the population played that content. That is not a call to gut and neuter raids, and it should not have been reasoning to gut and neuter a HUGE part of endgame for many of us, we who actually enjoyed the BG for what it was, not simply something to be suffered through in order to get loot.

Spot on. Classic should be made for the minority that loved the spirit of vanilla, and not attempt again to cater to as many as possible. This is an attempt at casting too large a net (judging by the parroted “dev said it wasn’t popular” garbage.) yet again.

To me 1.7 was the high point, just before the true nerfs began (with a nod to the earlier shredder and mines removal) and would be a great compromise. The map would need not be changed. All it would require is reimplementing the NPCs and mobs, and putting their stats back where they were prior to the nerfs.

3 Likes

Classic had me excited for my VANILLA (looking at you, butter-pecan guy) hunter tool kit. My MM/SV build that was a riot in the original AV. It was fun has heck and I was super excited for it.

It would not surprise me one bit to have Blizzard show up tomorrow and tell us that Classic is going to include the retail talent trees because reasons.

1.12 AV is bad and Blizzard should feel bad.

1.12 threat mechanics are the next worst thing.

I fully expect them to toss CRBGs on the pile, heck maybe even cross realm dungeon finder. Why not go hog wild.

This is rational stuff.

1 Like

So because they went with a different version of Vanilla AV then YOU prefer, means that they are going to open the flood gates and implement a myriad of none vanilla changes to the game. That sounds like a logical train of thought. /sarcasm

In some ways it’s ironic since this country LOVES farming those bone chips since they give you 20 silver per hand in which adds up quick :x.

Sorry cupcake, those floodgates are already open with sharding, loot trading, and I fully expect them to drop a few more shoes before this is all over, because it is all about their “clarity”. All of those questions that they still refuse to answer? Brace yourself for them all to be decided upon due to whatever is best for their “clarity”.

They earned this derision. They own it.

1 Like

Agree 100%

1 Like