1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

Honestly it’s not even that, I was apart of the nochanges crowd and I am personally okay with either versions of AV.

I thought brokenwind was bad about speaking with emotions and just ranting nonsensical baby crying but jesus… this other child is something else.

1 Like

I think you need to become and important person to like at least one person in your life before you’re allowed to say this LOL

The thing is he’s challenged me multiple times to explain why I prefer 1.11 AV over earlier versions. And I’ve explained why I prefer the nerfed NPC’s, he just doesn’t like the reasons which is why he resorts to pretending 1.11 AV is exactly the same as AV post reinforcements or acts like I’m trying to personally hurt him in some way.

I see that. He hasn’t made one actual argument FOR early AV which is kind of funny.

He seems extremely flustered but he can’t seem to come up with one valid argument, or even a “I just prefered it this way”.

Yeah he states things that might have happened back then, but that’s all irrelevant.

That’s like if I were to be discussing whats the best for leveling back in vanilla. I could make a 100% solid argument that questing is. Given what happened back then and how the world’s fastest 60 quested/grinded to 60. But now we know people play differently and the fastest was just aoe dungeon grinding.

All he has now is just insults like a child. It’s clear he puts a lot of pride into his WoW characters so it’s easy to see why he is having a hissy fit because he didn’t get what he wanted.

The thing is, you admitted that you were only truly fighting against an early version of AV out of sour grapes that you did not get your pet druid changes. You have been doing this for upwards of years, and those of us that have been here long enough know that it is your gimmick. You are not here to argue in good faith, you are solidly here just to troll, and you admitted it.

The part where you pretend that I am a no changer is pretty laughable as well. Anyone who has been here and on the old forum know that to not be the case.

But you do you. Just know that no one actually buys the garbage you post in the AV threads.

You and your new buddy here make an adorable pair. Makes me wonder what character he was posting on prior to classic. I could probably log onto BW v1.0 and look back at similar discussions on the old forum, and figure it out, but I really don’t feel like putting any more effort into it.

Well except I gave reasons that have nothing to do with class balance changes as to why I prefer 1.11 AV. You just don’t like those reasons because they are counter to your position that 1.11 AV is exactly the same as post reinforcement AV. I prefered 1.11 AV in vanilla and I still prefer it now for the reasons I’ve given.

100% agree with OP. Stick to classic AV

3 Likes

From my understanding on Retail, during the Anniversary Event, you got to play AV 1.5. My hope, if true, is they are testing to see how popular it is. With the intent to put it on Classic. Or they already intend to put it on Classic and want to test out the map before releasing it.

I haven’t changed my name at all since then! Also I haven’t asked for 1.12 or early AV either so I really don’t get the whole stand offishness coming from you two guys.

If someone from the 1.12 side says something outrageously wrong or silly I also have called them out for it, when I see it.

It just seems to me that most of it is coming from the early AV side.

Everytime I try to have an actual conversation with you and ask questions you just turn it into an insult fest and don’t actually add anything of value to your argument.

Maybe one of these days you can learn how to discuss something and articulate your reasoning for wanting something. Even if it is just as simple as “You know what? I just preferred it back in the day so I think I will like it more now.” That would be a solid argument I couldn’t contest with.

Dude, you have zero credibility in this discussion. You have demonstrated quite clearly that you are only here to troll, so you saying “here are my reasons” means ziltch. Even less, as those of us who played throughout the decline of the BG during vanilla saw first hand that removal and nerfing of the BG’s content led to a meaningful decline of overall PVP in the BG. Your assertion that it created more PVP flies in the face of actual history.

5 Likes

Going back to original post I agree. That is what should be done and was so meaningful. It brought the essence of the alliance v horde struggle to life in epic war. There was nothing like it before or after.

What you want will never work because they plan on cross realm bg’s. The chances of you getting back in the same AV hours later is highly unlikely.

So the chances of you actually finishing the av you start in would be so low.

Once again, multiple people are trying to make an argument mostly based on the idea that 1.5 AV would be a multi-hour, or even, a multi-day long battle.

Why would Blizzard even care about that? Why would they even want that? Why would they want players constantly joining and leaving an unending battle that’s lasting far too long for the majority of people?

Secondly, the 1.5 AV recreation that Blizzard created that you guys want them to use is a 15 minute zerg.

• The landmines do nothing, because you can see them and avoid them.
  • Everyone skips Korrak.
  • No one messes with the rams or mines.
  • The NPC’s can be avoided for the most part.
  • The Warmasters can be pulled out of Drek’s room and killed before any of the towers burn.

The argument that 1.5 AV is better because it’s longer probably means nothing to Blizzard and isn’t even necessarily true. The only argument that counters their decision to use 1.12 AV, is Blizzard’s position on the entirety of Classic; that 1.12 is the most complete version of Classic. 1.5 AV is FAR more content complete compared to 1.12 AV.

• The map is larger.
  • There’s more mechanics.
  • There’s more NPC’s.

That’s it, that is what you guys should have been focusing on in every single AV post over the last year. These facts contradict Blizzard’s own statement about Classic and their decision to use a less complete version of the BG.

1 Like

Got it so anyone who disagrees with you is trolling. You can discount it all you want but I found a lot more interesting pvp when there aren’t swarms of NPC’s getting in the way. Your opinion, and it’s only that, that the map is worse also flies in the face of history as early AV was changed during vanilla not later and the newer versions were more popular at the time back then as well.

LoL, no. Those who actually admit to it, and then pretend they are arguing in good faith are trolling. Your fantasy scenario where PVP increased as AV was nerfed is just that: a fallacy that you are pushing, even though there are very few that actually believe you. You shot your credibility to hell and now want people to believe you are sincere.

Finally, once more for old time sake:

Popularity is not a metric for Quality.

To wit: BFA arguably has more players = more popular, than classic.

It’s not the only metric for quality, but in some cases it is a pretty good metric that something is bad. As is the case for original AV. AV was changed during vanilla by blizzard because the original design just wasn’t that good over all.

This really isn’t hard to understand, high participation might not mean good quality but lower than expected participation almost certainly does mean low quality.

Low participation also can mean that:

1. There were two streamlined, stripped down, faster BGs to chain run to get gear competing with it
  2. Many players were not yet at the level required for AV
  3. Many players did not understand AV yet
  4. Many players were not geared up
  5. Cross Realm BGs were not yet implemented, and AV is a much larger player requirement per side

But you keep doing you, pretending that people do not see you for what you are and admitted to be in regard to this subject.

1 Like

If that were really the case we would have seen a steady increase in people participating in AV from 1.5 and on, but there wasn’t. The issue was people didn’t like the map not that they didn’t have gear or didn’t understand it.

Personally I would have no problem if blizzard simply offered both versions of AV, similar to how I feel with CRBG’s. Let people play what they want, but if I’m forced to pick one I want the version I prefer same as you.

And fortunately blizzard agrees with me on which version is better :slight_smile:

Says the Level 120 retail player.

Please stay in retail forums…

Weird I wasn’t aware you could only have a retail or a classic character.