1.12 AV is a huge, huge mistake

I remember, and I only used it a few times because a dumb friend of mine thought it was obnoxious. Maybe he was right, but eff him.

I think you have that backwards. Due to the nerfs to the NPCs, they were easily bypassed, along with the PVP that would have happened due to the speedbump. The neutering of the PVE aspects directly contributed to the avoidance of PVP and the birth of the zerg.

Then there is no reason to not use the 15th anniversary version in classic.

3 Likes

No, you have it backward. Read my reply in context and you see that we agree. I despise the nerfing of NPCs that led to the utterly worthless version of AV we’ve had for over a decade.

I hate the devs who implemented it.

I hate the players who clamored for it.

Edit: though I admit the phrasing is ambiguous. I’m saying that the numbers, health, and damage of the NPCs pre-nerf forced players to fight.

2 Likes

No, you didn’t. This is a risibly stupid thing to claim, and it’s either an outright lie or faulty memory.

2 Likes

Well as I said maybe your BG differed from mine. But AV in 1.11 at least on my BG had a lot more pvp than earlier versions.

Or maybe you are just outright lying or your memory is faulty?

[quote=“Ziryus-doomhammer, post:1927, topic:129052”]
Well as I said maybe your BG differed from mine. But AV in 1.11 at least on my BG had a lot more pvp than earlier versions. [/quote]

First of all, Rank 8 noob, battlegroups weren’t around in early AV. It is simply false that 1.11 had more pvp than earlier patches. It’s not only false; it is stupid for you to claim otherwise.

The typical AV before patch 1.8 or so was hours long. Quite frankly, I don’t think you were there to play it.

Your are talking out of your hind end. You’re another in a long line of garbage WoW players.

1 Like

[quote=“Gricend-bleeding-hollow, post:1928, topic:129052, full:true”]

/shrug or maybe as I said my experience on my realm/BG differed from yours and 1.11 improved the experience.

Or maybe someone with rank 13 knows more about the state of pvp at that time than someone with rank 8.

1 Like

Pre 1.8 AV in 2019 on patch 1.12 is not going to play like Pre 1.8 AV did in 2005.

1 Like

Then those who complain that the earlier version took too long no longer have a case, wouldn’t you agree?

Additionally, those who claim that it would be too much trouble for blizzard to recreate the early version of AV no longer have a case, seeing as the 15th anni version would fit the bill for classic, wrapped up in a bow.

For the love of all that is good. DO NOT release the new awful version of AV. Give us the original, long, amazing, multi day AVs. This is the reason I am playing Classic. This is the reason I played on private servers.

4 Likes

Just going to preface this as a neutral party because I know how some of the classic community responds to opposition or rather just someone questing their stance.

Why wouldn’t they have a case? If they believe it takes to long then that’s an opinion that is valid whether you agree with it or not.

Would you claim that people who want the earlier versions instead of the 1.12 version also don’t have a stance if the earlier versions play faster than they did back in the day?

Of course you wouldn’t because that would ruin your bias.

Do you think that the version given in retail was authentic? Honest question. I believe they stated numerous times (maybe not specifically referencing AV) that they want to make sure it’s as authentic as possible. If they just made up values and mob numbers I wouldn’t exactly think that’s the same thing as what you guys are asking for.

Additionally, I believe blizzard stated that they just think this is the more balanced version of AV (again not saying I agree/disagree with this that’s just what it is). So if you are going to be making any arguments that are going to mean anything at all then you need to be attacking/defending this angle of it.

It doesn’t matter if you believe or don’t believe that blizzard would take to long to make it, whether the BG goes too fast/sloW, and it doesn’t matter if you think a certain version is better/worse than another one.

If you want to make any meaningful discussions you have to talk about balance as that is what blizzard said was their reasoning for choosing that version.

The point is that if it DOESN’T take long as some are claiming, then it is not a valid case. Are you for real?

I’ve heard this from (IIRC) you a number of times in the past, and I don’t buy it. I am not a “#nochanger” for the record. Your concern troll that it would not be “authentic” if not 100% carbon copy is bupkis.

Blizzard has made many statements in the past that were horrible. (They will never make classic, RPPVP was too niche, not to mention severely underestimating demand and only having a handful of servers at launch) What they said was that it “gave them clarity”.

[citation needed]

And I threw back at you the situation where people claim that earlier versions will make it less retailish with rushing, but if it’s still played like this then would you also say that those early advocates don’t have a valid case as well?

Why didn’t you just answer my question also asking a valid question is a troll to you? It’s just an honest question you could just answer it and move the conversation instead of just saying ‘loltroll’

This is not how this works dude you can’t just say ‘This was a bad move by blizzard because look at all these other moves they said was a bad idea’. You have to actually EXPLAIN why it is a bad move, and in relation to why they think it’s a balancing issue.

Citation for what? Them saying that they think the 1.12 version is more balanced?

What question? Were you asking if it would be acceptable if not a 100% carbon copy? Of COURSE it would.

They did not say it was for balance.

That was pretty clear. You claim they said it was for balance. Cite your source.

Lol you couldn’t have made that more obvious you know that wasn’t my question. You clearly don’t want to have a sincere conversation about this… kind of a shame.

Hmm lets see here…

They even use the word ‘balance’ as well as go into descriptions of what is changed and how they think it’s better.

I mean if you really want to argue that they don’t think it’s more balanced then sure, you go for it, you’ll just be incorrect. Idk if you are just intentionally disagreeing with everything I’m saying because I question your early AV or what but you have to at least be rational if you want people to listen.

Just did.

The way you stated it sounded like “balance” was the entire reason they wanted to use 1.12. Nice to see you actually cite where they used the word.

They also said “yuck” about body parts.

Uh yeah if you read through the lines that’s basically the main reason… ‘Made improvements’ was said numerous times and if we are being honest a video game company generally makes ‘improvements’ for the sake of balance. And yeah you can use the word balance for whatever you would like, balance out the time, balance out who wins more or less, balance out npcs if they are too strong, whatever you would like to read it as.

What I was getting at with this is that you need to actually make valid, and rational points and thoughts and not the same nonsense you have been doing for years now (yikes) which is just saying stuff like, “1.12 is BAD!”. Why is it bad? Why should we have earlier versions? What’s the benefit for getting the older version? Can you actually articulate a mature thought?

Anyone without a social disorder can clearly tell this is them thinking they are being funny… did you…did you actually take this as an actual insult toward early AV?? LOL

The “improvements” were what arguably allowed the BG to become a race. Not the moving of GYs and the horde entrance cave, but rather the extreme nerfs and the removal of the majority of NPC forces. Blizzard has made it clear that they saw those nerfs and removals as “improvements”.

I would now like to remind you that blizzard’s sense and POV of “improvements” led us to the current state of retail, which MANY players are in classic to avoid.

Anyone without a social disorder could clearly tell that I made that statement thinking it was funny.

Their preliminary decision for 1.12 AV is on a level of “you think you do, but you don’t” attitude of blizzard. This thread has how many likes? Compared to how many likes for the 1.12 AV announcement thread?

3 Likes

Okay so after removing the nonsense from this post, I gather your issue is the ‘race’ part of it. Correct? Is that basically your main issue with it?