0.X% drop rates need to be removed from the game entirely

I have farmed over 7,000 vespoids at this point and I have not seen a single Vespoid Lettuce. It is too damn much, Blizzard. 5-10% is perfectly rare enough to to qualify as Rare! Gating this and other drops below 1% is absolutely ridiculous. It has been this way since Vanilla, I am aware. I just think you guys need to chill with the 0% drop chances on so much stuff. Every once in a while a nice fat 0.05% chance RNGfest is fun, if the reward is supremely next level. But it’s damn near everything even slightly cool in the game at this point. I just want the reskinned wasp mob mount from the goofy endgame zone not Invincible. Jesus Christ.

78 Likes

I farmed those for like 3 days and then moved on, and immediately got like 3 without trying

8 Likes

Feels bad when you get one without realizing it is rare I guess

3 Likes

0% drop rate? Are you sure about that?

7 Likes

Are you making a vespoid salad?

27 Likes

0.05% chance off the vespoid worker according to WoWhead.
0.14% chance off the vespoid drone.

5 Likes

1 binding club since tbc prepatch (2007) on my warrior - if i have to farm something for 15 years and it still hasnt dropped im ok with you farming something until it drops - imagine you had a single chance per week to get it.

Its buyable off the ah if you wernt aware.

5 Likes

Is not a flat 0%. Just sayin’.

3 Likes

Get ignored, semantic andy.

15 Likes

There are 4 on frostmourne ah right now for 7k each

Show me on the doll where WoW touched you

4 Likes

Yea for 150k. No thank you. It’s absurd that you can farm something for 15 years and not get it no?

quietly hides the one that just dropped for me in my pocket

(but yes, ultra rare drops aren’t much fun when they are no longer a side-bonus while doing other things and are something I’m actually farming for … I like my farming to involve planting seeds and tending sheep, not killing the some monsters over and over and over )

6 Likes

I still don’t have Invincible on this account lol. Got it on my main within a month of trying. The unfairness of the RNGods

2 Likes
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292545107490504704/1001200769451692152/unknown.png    

7k is a LONG way off 150k

2 Likes

It would be fine if you only needed 1, but you need THREE of the damn things to complete the collection.

2 Likes

You actually need 4, 3 mounts and 1 battle pet.

1 Like

Imagine collecting Battle Pets. Couldn’t be me. But you’re correct. 4. An absurd grind.

Yes, it does have a low drop rate.

2 Likes

(also, I misread, I had one of the snake ones drop not the wasp one … I keep getting those latin “v” words mixed up; but either way, it was the last of those I needed. Alas, that means I’m down to few things that don’t drop in the open world, so it’s all <1% drops from caches for me from now on)