🐍 Why should Sethrak be an Allied/Playable Race? 8.3 and beyond

Think how cool Sethrak would’ve been, amazing.
Blizzard went Vulpera because the share the same model as Gonlin, easy addition.
High mountain Tauren is the same as Tauren and same goes for Draenei. Waisted slots.

1 Like

Never say never. Put in an in game suggestion for them if you want them! Under the help tab.

And there is a lot of work done to them.

They can still be a possibility. Like I said there is room in SL’s to possibly implement them through their Loa Sethraliss and the deceased keepers Sulthis and Serrik. Sulthis could be a member of one of the covenants and Serrik died more recently so he would have gone to the Maw.

Then there is the weird thing about how Sethraliss was reborn. With an anima shortage, why was she chosen to go back? Perhaps there is a purpose there. There could be strong ties with Ardenweald and Sethrak.

This is all speculation on my part mind you but it has potential.

Good thing naga aren’t snakes. :wink:

1 Like

I really hope they added as a playable race. Like why do we need mec gnomes for anyway i’m not saying there bad or anything it’s just random to me that all. That and i really love the sethrak design and the area their in, I hope they get in shadowlands.

2 Likes

No legs? Or using some artifice that makes them have legs, making them stop being naga? Or something even more stupid, like making them go back to being elves?

Nagas are an antagonistic race. And they could only exist in the Horde. What will ally get? Other gnome or human with Dumbo ears?

They could work like the pandaren, and be like a mercenary race for both sides depends on the player’s choice.

2 Likes

They could.

If you want them you could put in an in game suggestion. It’s under the Help tab! It’s there for a reason and another voice would hardly hurt. :heart:

And since this thread was kinda necro’d (as much as I love the support), you can also discuss and share your support with us here:

3 Likes

I don’t think Seth’rak will ever be playable. Seems like one of those lost cause dreams people really got sucked into.

Naga as they are, no legs and just make them not wear boots & leg armour just like mechagnomes or maybe make the leg armour as like a skirt. Considering both there leaders illidan & ashara have been closer to the alliance i’d imagine they go to the alliance or better yet neutral. Ogre could be a cool horde counterpart.

1 Like

a man can dream

hope shall never die

4 Likes

You tell ‘em!

This lady’s been dreaming of playable snek for 3 years.

Not to mention shouting to the heavens/forums about them. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Troggs for the Alliance!

At first I considered them an abomination, a snake with limbs is by definition not a snake. Mutants aside there are no snakes with limbs, you might say it’s their defining feature. So they grated. But the more I see them the more that disgust has worn off, I mean did Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath make any more sense? So I see them as just another vulpera, feared and loathed in the previews, accepted by release and possibly played by 9.0. At least that’s my timeline.

1 Like

This is why I call them serpentine. Snakelike. Aside from the limbs everything else is spot on. Limbs just make them humanoid. They don’t have eyelids and have no external ears. They’re perfectly sneky. I love them.

There are lizards that have no legs. But they have eyelids and external ears. And can also regrow their tail.

If they become playable I would think sometime in the middle or end of Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Yeah most serpent people (like the indian Naga, yes WoW got the name from them) didn’t have limbs (or at most had two I think). If this race had been giant snakes in this game, I don’t know how they’d have animated it (though zandalari forms prove you can customize the body of anything) it might have been my favorite. For what it is, a fantasy creature not bound by science, it just doesn’t look as bad as I first thought. They managed to make their limbs and bodies long so they still do look somewhat serpentine.

If I could learn to accept and even one day play vulpera I could do the same for these guys. I like weird races, even if they aren’t the exact weird races I’d pick. Personally I want playable Makrura with pierced shells enhancements and talismans instead of armor. Any creature in this game could be cool if done right.

I’d kind of like to see a third mini-faction for “creeps,” Maybe murlocs would be the poster race. It would let you go into zones where the enemies are controlled by other players. Explore odd lore like the makrura city beneath the ocean or murloc politics. It would be for fun, like a mini-game only not so cheesy and poorly done. I think EQ did something like that (let you use a dragon maybe?) I never got to try it but was always enamored of the idea as someone whose first D&D character was adopted out of the monster manual.

I imagine that after all they’ve done for ally and Night elves, we can forget, just as we forget what the Horde did to Night elves.

And if Blizzard does the favor of going back for something as vile as nagas and inventing some silly story where they paint themselves in purple and become our friends or make them neutral like pandaren, something Blizzard says he didn’t like, it will be another event worthy of BfA.

But we can certainly count on Tyrande to say something stingy and see these evil scaly go to the Horde.

LOL! What? Close? Illidumb never cared about anything but daddy Sargeras. Azshara has never done anything to help the alliance at any point in his life. And demon Hunter is a class and not a race.

Azshara?
If what we just saw in BfA, it is that she continues to see herself as the most important thing in Azeroth and everyone is a commoner who is lucky enough to live in the same era as her.

After they invented purple blood elves, they want for any race in the ally.
Even those that have no connection with our lore.
Why don’t you just suggest something else like orcs?

I know I’m late, but daggum, I’ve read through this thing looking to see if anyone mentioned this angle, and finally found it! In with you on the neutral with a side of choice approach.

2 Likes

I’d like to see the Devoted join the Horde and a group of Faithless, who are unwilling to rejoin the Devoted but not as evil as the rest of the Faithless seem though still militant, to rename themselves the Remnant and flee Zandalar to SW to join the Alliance.

Mostly trying to escape Devoted and Horde aggression.

1 Like

Perhaps it could be designed like Pandas, where you choose your faction?

Instead of Snake Dudes we get, diaper Gnomes … boring.

With what we had going at the time we weren’t in a position to get Sethrak…
They’d have obviously gone Horde.

Now that we’re out of that mess we can try to convince Blizzard to veer the race to Alliance or Neutral.

1 Like