šŸ Why should Sethrak be an Allied/Playable Race? 8.3 and beyond

Still looking at that extra space on the PTR.

The one in the embassy?

I am thinkingā€¦ well moreso hoping that our ā€œlastā€ pair of AR is going to be Sethrak and Mogu. Sethrak for the Alliance and Mogu for the Horde. Theyā€™re both new races in the sense they are neither a reskin or subrace of any of our existing playable races and they both could use faction reputation coming up in 8.3. Sethrak could really balance Alliance out. They share some of Allianceā€™s ideals yet worship a Loa. Then the Rajani Mogu could give Horde a titanforged race. Plus both are popular.

Though flipping it would be fine too. Sethrak for Horde and Mogu for Alliance but Iā€™ve said it before that I would prefer Sethrak for Alliance.

Found it really interesting that a female Mogu popped up in Hearthstone in the same set some Sethrak did and it was from the Saviours of Uldum set. And that was months before we knew we were revisiting Uldum or Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

We got 2 AR from 7.3 factions. Would not be surprised if we were to get 2 AR from the 8.3 factions. And that would round BfA out to 4 pairs of AR. We got 4 pairs from Legion.

3 Likes

No, on the character selection screen. Thereā€™s still enough space on the banner for one more pair.

4 Likes

Ah yeah that. Iā€™ve also heard that the embassy on the PTR is arranged oddly so to speak. As if there was a big glaring hole waiting to be filled with another AR flag.

3 Likes

Me and the 2 other people I play with agree that we would play sethrak, we play horde but would play alliance if it meant playing sethrak was an option.

2 Likes

I have heard this from a lot of people. Myself and my fiance are in the same boat. Weā€™ll go whatever faction Sethrak go.

Since this post is a little old now, why not join our discussion in the megathread? Would love more support!

2 Likes

I legit have no idea how on earth anyone can get to the logical conclusion of snek people go to the alliance

People want them and stranger things have happened, but nah its not the most logical. :woman_shrugging: Iā€™m all for them going Horde. Or as a Neutral race now that there is technically a peace treaty signed.

As long as theyā€™re playable. Thatā€™s all I want.

4 Likes

I donā€™t like this idea.

It doesnā€™t make sense to grind an unassociated faction in order to unlock a race. Iā€™m not super thrilled about Void Elves requiring exalted with a group of Broken and not all that geeked up about Magā€™har requiring the Honorbound.

ARs are best when theyā€™re propped up the way the Nightborne, Highmountain, Lightforged, Kul Tiran, Vulpera, and Mechagnomes are.

The only pathway is to associate them to the Voldunai, which they already are in game considering that the Vulpera are instrumental in helping against the Faithless. That would make them Horde by default.

That in mind, there are many more Allied Races Iā€™d like to see before Sethrak. Personally, I want the Taunka.

Playable Sethrak is one of the few things I could see getting me excited to really get into wow again. All I do is grind for mounts. I havenā€™t REALLY cared about any character in a few years now. If I could be Sethrak, I would pay for whatever race / faction changes I needed. Iā€™d even change mains. Itā€™s the only thing I want out of wow right now.

4 Likes

they shouldā€™ve been added to ally side when vulp were added to horde side

3 Likes

I think, I really really think they were supposed to be an Alliance allied race and the mechagnomes were just plan B.

But they were not able to do a more distinguible female, which I find funny since almost no one is able to recognize Fem/Male Vulpera apart when in full gear.

I think they should have gone Alliance, like the HM Tauren went Horde even though Alliance helped them too.

3 Likes

I do think the sethrak was a planned race or potential AR candidate race at one time in development, but they ran out of time or changed their minds. I donā€™t think the vulpera or mechagnomes took their spot though as Iā€™m pretty sure they was already decided on before we got open alpha/beta.

2 Likes

I still think and hope we could get Sethrak sometime in Shadowlands. Perhaps after. There is lore with Sethraliss to make this happen.

And well. Iā€™m just stubborn and passionate. :snake::woman_shrugging::heart:

3 Likes

They 100% should, unfortunately Blizzard will not put in the work.
They just wanted recolor races for easy work

1 Like

No, naga should be the first sneky snek playable race.

Think how cool Sethrak wouldā€™ve been, amazing.
Blizzard went Vulpera because the share the same model as Gonlin, easy addition.
High mountain Tauren is the same as Tauren and same goes for Draenei. Waisted slots.

1 Like

Never say never. Put in an in game suggestion for them if you want them! Under the help tab.

And there is a lot of work done to them.

They can still be a possibility. Like I said there is room in SLā€™s to possibly implement them through their Loa Sethraliss and the deceased keepers Sulthis and Serrik. Sulthis could be a member of one of the covenants and Serrik died more recently so he would have gone to the Maw.

Then there is the weird thing about how Sethraliss was reborn. With an anima shortage, why was she chosen to go back? Perhaps there is a purpose there. There could be strong ties with Ardenweald and Sethrak.

This is all speculation on my part mind you but it has potential.

Good thing naga arenā€™t snakes. :wink:

1 Like

I really hope they added as a playable race. Like why do we need mec gnomes for anyway iā€™m not saying there bad or anything itā€™s just random to me that all. That and i really love the sethrak design and the area their in, I hope they get in shadowlands.

2 Likes

No legs? Or using some artifice that makes them have legs, making them stop being naga? Or something even more stupid, like making them go back to being elves?

Nagas are an antagonistic race. And they could only exist in the Horde. What will ally get? Other gnome or human with Dumbo ears?