❅ [Complete] Illthanyn | 12/12/2023 | Winter Solstice Holiday ❅

Event Information

Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Time: 6:00pm (WrA server) or 8:00pm (MG server)
Where: Amberpine Lodge, Grizzly Hills (Northrend)
Invite: Open (Alliance & Neutral)
Attire: Formal Silver or White Clothes
Recommended Addons: Listener

Hosted by: The Silver Circle

About the Event

“Darkness covered us in the beginning, and we could not see. We cried for guidance and the moon shone down bright upon us. Her soft light not only illuminated the night for us but also gave comfort. Her light touched us from within, enabling us to see even when the moon was not visible…”

- Tyrande Whisperwind

Illthanyn, also known as the Cleansing, is a celebration of the longest night of the year. It is a time for the Kaldorei to reflect on the events of the past year. A time to look ahead at the new year, and shed what burdens weigh us down so we may allow Elune’s light to flow into us.

Recognized as the longest night of the year, and the eve of cleansing when Elune’s healing touch reaches out to Her children. Kaldorei all across Kalimdor don formal silver or white clothes and gather in their town or city’s place of worship to celebrate.

“Since the beginning of time, we have gathered in this season to celebrate the rebirth of Elune’s light within us. ”

“Illthanyn is the end of the old year and the beginning of the new one. Traditionally, the end of the year is a time to look back and reflect. It is also a time to look ahead to the future, to make plans and set goals.”

Who Can Attend?

This is server event open to characters who respect the Kaldorei and Elunarian ceremony. All who attend are advised to bring a few [Elixir of Tongues], out of courtesy for any neutrally affiliated Horde characters that may attend.

Elunarian Ritual: The Solstice Cleanse

A trinity of three chosen priestesses recite a prayer for the gathering to honor the coming winter. Then, participants are led through a traditional ritual of cleansing, to shed the burdens of the past year and make room to welcome and endure all that is ahead of them. Throughout these activities, themes of Elune's aspects are interwoven, as Illthanyn signals the natural shift from the darkness of the Night Warrior to the new light of Mother Moon.

Ritual Attire

All attendants are welcome and encouraged to participate in the Cleansing Ritual, and asked to come to the celebration in silver or white attire for the holy pilgrimage and ceremony.

Winter Feast, Dance and Gift Exchange

Following the ceremonies, a feast is held in Elune's name, where fruit, bread, cookies, sweetened meat, mulled wine and warm drink are shared in Her honor. In this relaxed setting, musicians typically volunteer to play a few songs to provide revelers, friends and couples the opportunity to dance together.

Secret Gift Exchange

It is customary for every reveler to bring a wrapped gift to the Illthanyn celebrations. Please bring a tangible wrapped gift to exchange in-game for this portion of the event.

You may gift something of either sentimental value or actual value (weapons, pets, etc), but it must be able to be wrapped with wrapping paper. Stackable items cannot be wrapped.

Gift Exchange Rules

The traditional Illthanyn gift exchange involves all participants to bring a wrapped gift of their choosing. During the Gift Exchange portion of the event, each participants exchanges their gift with a stranger they do not know, introduces themselves and transfer wrapped gifts. This is done three times, each with a new person your character has not met yet. After the third and final exchange, your character may open the gift left in their inventory after the three exchanges.

TLDR; the rule is you must exchange gifts AT LEAST THREE TIMES and with THREE DIFFERENT PEOPLE before you can open the third gift you receive!

Please bear in mind that you can only exchange (/trade) wrapped gifts! Cross-realm trading is available, but there are still in-game restrictions on cross-faction trading.

Event Gallery

10 Likes

This is a great event, and it only gets better every year. Look forward to attending this year as well.

5 Likes

& I am so stoked to see you there once more, Maeshkin!!

2 Likes

Shoot, that’s my D&D night but maybe I could arrive late. :heart_eyes: :paw_prints:

Either way this is an awesome event! I hope to be able to catch some of it this year if possible.

3 Likes

Bump - ! We’re only four days from lovely event! <3 Can’t wait to see all of you and to meet lots of new folks.

2 Likes

Super stoked for this event tomorrow!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

looking forward to the event!!! hope to see a lot of returning faces! :white_heart:

2 Likes

Very excited, who would we ping for invites for it?

1 Like

I would ping /Cellasa-MoonGuard for invites to start.

1 Like

sadly does not let me do the x-faction Whisp ono

1 Like

You can add me on btag for an invite at Grawrlz#1234

1 Like

2023 Illthanyn Complete

Ishnu’alah Fellow Wyrmies,

Thank you to everyone who came out last night to participate in Illthanyn. The hosts and I enjoyed reading everyone’s emotes and seeing the interactions shared among the participants. We hope you all had as much fun last night as we did.

I updated the OP with some screenshots taken of the event.

Shaha lor’ma and happy gaming!
~ Feyawen

3 Likes

I had a fun time!
:dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes