★ PSA: Void Elf Paladins are justified in the Lore ★

No, they are void elves and should never be locked out of their void options. Give me a void paladin reskin not helf/belf paladins.

1 Like

Velf pallies makes as much sense as maghar warlocks.

5 Likes

The VE crowd has been demanding those, too.

2 Likes

Yeah, with no lore base.

Void Elves didn’t even exist when Illidan was training his Illidari. Void Elf Paladins however have tons of lore justification considering they are made up of both Blood Elves & Alliance High Elves according to Danuser.

1 Like

We have enough blood elf now in the game on alliance as well, please no more. Thank you for your consideration and creation of topic. But no.

1 Like

I feel this quote kind of just contradicted your entire thread.

If we use your Danuser quote, then you can easily justify that Void Elves get access to Demon Hunter.

Danuser, implying that Blood Elves and High Elves are joining the ranks of the Void Elves, would thus mean that Blood Elf Demon Hunters are included. Therefore, Blood Elf Demon Hunters becoming Void Elves and granting them access to the playable class.

I personally advocate for Void Elf Demon Hunters and Void-based Paladins.

They can’t be standard Light-based Paladins.

Have them be Void themed, and allow all Paladins a new Glyph to swap between Void and Light theme.

4 Likes

Velves have absolutely ZERO justification to become paladins.

They physically can’t be paladins.

“Oh but muh disc priests”

Paladins are not priests. There is no void and light duality gimmick for paladins.

Paladins are zealots of light who imbue their very being with light. A velf paladin would commit cosmic Sudoku.

Again, velf paladins makes as much sense as maghar warlocks.

7 Likes

This isn’t accurate (they aren’t imbued/infused with the Light), but you’re still correct that them tapping into the Light would mean Game Over.

Priests and Paladins aren’t equivalent. Your argument defeats itself.

5 Likes

Blood Elf Demon Hunters are canonically not citizens of Silvermoon, their technical faction is the Illidari, hence why Nelf & Belf Demon Hunters were given the ability to cross-faction chat.

Only reason we were given Alliance/Horde Demon Hunters was to make them playable without creating a third/neutral faction.

Umbric’s group on the otherhand were specifically Silvermoon citizens that were exiled.

I guess technically you could argue that a Blood Elf Demon Hunter could join the ranks of the Ren’dorei, but that’s a stretch.

The lack of Green Eyes for Void Elves kind of shows that the Ren’dorei aren’t recruiting the Silvermoon Scholars found in Telogrus Rift. The only Blood Elves that are apart of the Void Elves right now are Umbric’s original followers.

Not like a light forged, but they have a much more intimate relationship with the light than any priest. Thus, kaboom, the moment mr special snowflake velf decides to become a pally.

3 Likes

A common misconception, to piggyback off Lore.
I’ll put it like this.

Whereas a priest merely wields the Light in order to heal or do damage, a paladin literally channels it through their body due to their higher degree of faith in the Light (An’she, in the Sunwalker’s case, or the Loa of Kings, Rezan, in the Zandalari Prelate’s case)
They’re not wholly infused unless they’re actively calling upon the light. It’s during this moment when a theoretical Void Paladin would just straight up commit the largest sudoku and go Irish carbomb on their surroundings.

Paladins also aren’t really (normally) fervant zealots, as you don’t really see characters like Liadrin, Uther or Aponi going on constant crusades to spread their faith far and wide, as zealots usually do.

2 Likes

Yes they are. They are caugh lightforges dranie. LIGHT INFUSION paladins!

LMAO did the anti’s just flag the OP cause they can’t stand the idea of Velf Paladins that much

void elfs have gotten alot of bells and wistles no more what about the nightbourne ???

1 Like

Gnome Demon Hunters pls.

1 Like

I support this but dam they would need big wings

Eh, it’s probably people who are just sick of the discussion as a whole, antis and pros combined are way outnumbered by people sick of us in the forums.

I mean, that’s part of why I want it

1 Like

It’s because whenever someone advocates for Void Elves getting [insert demand of the month here] it pretty much pisses everyone else off. It’s been nothing but begging from the high elf crowd because they got their foot in the door with Void Elves, and then they got Blood Elf customizations, so now they want the classes and what next?

Long story short, it’s widely accepted that a void elf asking for more at this point is trolling because of how much they have gotten and how long they have been making demands.

5 Likes

It’s a Bhoppi thread tho, she does things in jest