★ PSA: Void Elf Paladins are justified in the Lore ★

I don’t see why not honestly considering gnomes can be priests & warriors. Paladin is just a combination of the two.

The only problem is that Void Elves and Undead would have to find a source they can pull their powers from that’s not connected to the Light since the Light overall isn’t good for them.

And since they can’t swing the Light from given by some naruu, or from the the Sun or Sunwell, or from some loa, it wouldn’t be right to call them Paladins game wise.

4 Likes

Why would someone flag this?

I hope they look at the person who did that.

There’s nothing wrong with this post, it’s just an idea. A BAD one, but still just an idea.

4 Likes

point to that Naaru in Sinfall

Full Translation:

I think there are elements, besides their hair color, that would make the Empty Elves of the Paladins little appreciated by their order. However, race/class associations are a topic that the development team actively discusses. We have many opinions, many applications, and while some combinations may seem more complex than others, we believe that anything is possible. So we don’t want to close the doors of a certain class to a given race. We have nothing to announce specifically for Eternity’s End, but it’s something we talk about a lot.

Edit: Empty Elves = Void Elves

Void elf paladins can happen if blizzard decides they want that race change money.

Any race/class combo can.

1 Like

Would love to see a void elf paladin with their skills/abilities re-themed and renamed to be more shadow-based. Doubt they’ll go to that much trouble though.

1 Like

Z’rali?
In her current form I’d go no. Yes I know she says others of her kind see her as an aberration but she still does Light/Holy damage so to me she’s still part of the Light. But maybe if she goes void but through some mcguffin keeps her senses then yeah, I can see her being a source they could pull from.

<3 you cookie gnome… but no on all accounts.

Tauren Demon Hunters

http://cdn.wallpaperhi.com/1440x900/20130224/video%20games%20world%20of%20warcraft%20tauren%20fantasy%20art%20armor%20calendar%20artwork%20yaorenwo%201440x900%20wallpap_www.wallpaperhi.com_99.jpg

11 Likes

Scarlet Crusade members utilized the light through sheer willpower.

I don’t know why this post was flagged. Great post and idea, OP.

2 Likes

Which should be shocking since they’re the bad guys. But here they are still pulling from the Light, and not some other force unless its retconned in, to do their Light/Holy attacks.

Just like Yrel and her pack of light wielding zealots.

Not wrong. At all.

Thus, why it says “similar process,” and it’s already been deduced that they figured it out in the Rift, thus… new Velfs.

Because they are Velfs that used to be Helfs.

Not the same way at all.

Yep. And there it is. Exactly what you ignored to make up your own headcanon.

Of course they did. LOL

Yes, that’s why we’re asking for class skins to create Void Knights. This person wants Void Elf Paladins.

No they aren’t.

Agreed. People are way too flag happy.

9 Likes

The devs have gone on record when introducing the customizations as non-canon, all playable Void Elves canonically are still Void, the customizations are just there for RP purposes.

7 Likes

Just stop. At this point, Paladins are the only things that Blood Elves still have.

Give it a rest.

15 Likes

oh joy another void elf paladin thread again.

Big no. They are void infused, ya know with WoW’s power of darkness. Paladin’s uses light magic, polar opposite. Makes big boom.

9 Likes

…Demon Hunters?

3 Likes

I hope this never happens, literally ever. It is bad enough the original core race that is blood elves got ruined for the sake of alliance high elves. The race you want to play has always been there.

What on earth is the excuse anymore? You can hit 60 in literally 12 hours or less on a new character. Roll a blood elf, stop ruining things for others.

Edit: I am aware people don’t like spending money on anything, let alone race/faction changes. That’s still not a good excuse when you can hit 60 so fast. I am also aware some people have established groups/guilds/friends etc. Still not an excuse, they can reroll with you?? I literally have 90+ characters across 2 accounts. There is no excuse.

9 Likes

Sorry Bhoppi, I don’t think they should implement this suggestion for several of my own reasons.

Blood Elf Paladins have become iconic to the Horde. It is already a shock to some that Void Elves can be made the way they are but this would be going too far.

Secondly the Alliance has a plethora of races that can be a Paladin already. We aren’t in a need to expand the influence of the Light, especially to those that mostly delve in the void. Priest is available for the intents of allowing Shadow Priest (and the company wouldn’t go as so far to prevent certain specs from being available just for lore reasons).

6 Likes