► Data - State Of Player Character Customizations Aug 2022 ◄

Why’s that?

I feel that while it’s wise to question certain aspects of the chart to check for accuracy in representation, the heart of the problem being pointed out seems to be entirely missed. I do not think that anyone is trying to perpetuate that Void Elves have too many options or otherwise should be neglected. If anything, it highlights the restriction, but also especially highlights races that have been neglected as far as options go.

I’ve always been of the opinion that there should be more customization options, more for all, and I’m generally not picky about who, what, when, and where. Any announcement of visual upgrades has me smiling, even if it’s a race that, “already has a lot.” There are clear areas of concern revealed by the pie chart, though, and that’s why I think it’s wonderful that Izzabelle took the time out to calculate this.

I have long felt the challenge of trying to write stories with lack of customization options on certain races, Undead/Forsaken being a large mention, especially with how supposedly versatile the race is (it consists of nearly every former living race). People usually don’t even notice if I do make a change to the character’s appearance because many options seem to blend together, and while I’m so happy about the fact that they can hide bones now, I really wish that they had the option to stand upright, and perhaps visually be similarly diverse to humans at the very least.

I was giddy for the addition of Dark Rangers on each side, but think that there’s a long way to go, and I actually see this as a good thing. There’s a lot of opportunity for growth for the devs who would like to keep giving to their players!