► Data - State Of Player Character Customizations Aug 2022 ◄

I am surprised how low Blood Elves are. Thought they would be one of the races with the most customizations.

1 Like

For which thing?

I find this one the most shocking and revealing.

4 Likes

Out of all the OG Races Forsaken have consistently been left to the wayside, bring them up to par for customizations.

1 Like

Why is it that the Forsaken have one of the most dedicated player bases that actually care about the lore, the game, and the general overall community yet they consistently get tossed to the side for … every other race lol

This is the cherry on top of a sundae made up of many other jabs and slights at the expense of the forsaken playerbase. :clown_face:

This is some massive please give Undead more customization post I have ever seen :rofl:

There are a lot of races that definitely need some TLC. Some of them have been waiting for longer than others #COUGH#2004#COUGH.

More customizations are a win for all players :slight_smile:

1 Like

Izzabelle responded to this to explain their math. I was asked to pass it along as so here I am.

Izzabelle hopes that helps to answer some questions about the data.

4 Likes

That is wonderful, thank you so much for sharing this!

1 Like

If you want my speculative guess… I think it has to do with the decoupling they started doing with customizations when they rolled out the barber shop UI update. Decouple some of the parent races assets, carry that over to the AR that piggybacks off them.

Forsaken don’t have a direct AR connected to them so they probably weren’t prioritized as much. But this is just my own conspiracy. :dracthyr_shrug:

I still want at least a onyx skintone for LFD and eye color options for Draenei. Overall their customization pass was fantastic.

I gotta say the customization for dwarves is perfect. The piercings and tattoos make them look more warhammer like than anything, and make them seem much more culturally different than other races

1 Like

My main skepticism is that there should be two different numbers for void elves, 3 for human. (Blood Elf options that are locked / Void Elf, then the 3 racial subtypes they included for human)

Cause there’s a different number of options void elves have if they go the "High Elf"look vs the void elf.

Or did she just take the higher of the numbers? Adding them together in any way would be disingenuous to how many options either race actually has. (at least using only multiplication.) You’d need addition in there somewhere to account for unique options that don’t overlap incompatible face/skins, but I’m only seeing multiplication)

It’s good to know she took that into account. I’m just curious why there aren’t multiple numbers for those 2 races.

(And tbh I don’t care too much. I just know the last person to do this grossly inflated the human number to the point it made them look like they had 3rd most)

1 Like

Another chart is coming soon.

someone needs to get a job. Blizzard I am sure knows all this

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. There there, no need to be salty.

Izzabelle is awesome.

2 Likes

Void elves have like 24 skin tones to choose from. It’s a lot. They also have plenty of hair colors.

Looks like we need more options for Void Elves and Blood Elves. People love to play them and they still get drastically less options than humans or even Dark Iron Dwarves, for example.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself, Alliance Gnome.

More customization for the forsaken!! As I like to say: more content isn’t bad! More options and customization is fun, no reason for our “life” challenged friends to miss out

2 Likes