“No one wants another faction war!” They said in response to people saying they want another faction war

And fighting the conga line of interchangeable raid bosses that we’re too plot armored to lose to isn’t boring?

1 Like

Why is that better than the faction war where we are too plot armored for anyone to lose?

Now remember, any faction war must have an absolutely horrible story. There is no way around this. It physically cant have a good one.

3 Likes

I never get sick of faction war. More pls.

7 Likes

We need 1 big zone that’s a nonstop battleground like Wintergrasp once was. That place was so much fun until you wanted to fly from Grizzly Hills to Sholazar. They could’ve put it in a better spot :thinking: BUT I DIGRESS!

In my OPINION… having a battleground zone we had to fight over would be a big first step in bringing back any kind of faction conflict. That said, I think we’re too far gone in the story to do any sensical 180 now.

2 Likes

Because the faction war narratives are the only catalysts for changes to that quo. When was the last time we’ve had a meaningful change to the status quo since the Alliance and Horde made peace?

1 Like

The only change to the status quo possible is the Alliance completely obliterating the Horde, either through genocide or making them a direct vassal.

There is no other option.

How is this one sided story telling good?

There is no feasible way the Horde would have a chance for a properly written faction war to last more than 2 days.

Nah, the faction war was a cool ghimmic in 2008 when no one was really doing it.

Its miserable now and with how lop sided factions are for given activities the faction barrier causes more issues then it provides content.

3 Likes

Horde vs Alliance is so boring and uninspiring, we couldn’t even make it the focus for the entirety of BfA (you know, the Horde vs Alliance expansion).

You haven’t seen the absolutely disgusting things I do with them. /e is abit of fun in game. So many downright filthy things I can type.

The limit is your imagination!

I think it’s them cutting costs and not wanting to do multiple story lines. Just have one simple story line for everyone.

3 Likes

What is this “we”? WE are not the developers who clearly are no longer good at their jobs. See the rapid decline of the amount of people playing as proof.

Anyway, anyone who talks as if they know what the majority of people want, or why they play is just trolling or worse.

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but when you figure out why you suffer it, please feel free to share. In the meantime, I’m sure the dozens of people who want another faction war will figure out a way to move on, hopefully.

6 Likes

BFA was solid except the systems. Those sucked. The story was actually decent on both sides of the factions. Horde was obviously better but still. Compared to WoD or Shadowlands it was not bad at all.

Compared to Shadowlands and Dragonflight, WoD’s story was a 10/10.

2 Likes

And this in a nutshell is 100% the reason why a “Faction war” is a dumb plotline for a game with 2 factions. People SAY they will be find with option one, but if they are the losers then they will resent it and expect some major type of “reward” for their suffering.

4 Likes

I liked bfa, I like going into a continent and seeing an nice castle like alliance hub with human footmen and mages, dwarven tanks and gnomish aircraft, draenei vindicators and worgen druids.

I am so tired of this genshin impact esque friendship, no conflict no faction pride eveyone is just playing around smelling flowers together. I am so done with this aspect of DF.

4 Likes

woah lets not say things we cant take back.

2 Likes

No, they’re even worse catalysts. As long as there are people playing characters on the factions, some of which they’ve been playing for almost 20 years, Blizzard is not going to make any significant changes to them.

A raid boss is far more likely to change the world in a meaningful way than a faction war.

1 Like

Faction wars are dull and uninspired. Personally I’d love me some interpersonal diplomacy. Giggity!

2 Likes

u think u do, but u do!

1 Like