What do I do if I've been falsely suspended?

I may have misread something somewhere. Didn’t you say avast installed itself and you couldn’t get rid of it?

Doesnt matter u have it on ur computer warden scans for any program that they know of that used for botting.

Avast, no Avast one, yes. It’s part of a new suite they’re pushing out to anyone who has Avast installed. Still part of the firewall but it’s a new paid product that they’re “advertising” much like how Windows forces you to update if you put it off for too long.

I’m going to need you to show me where that’s confirmed. Like I said, its been on my pc for a while now and this is my first ever ban.

Finally, the EULA:

Consent to Monitor. WHILE RUNNING, THE PLATFORM (INCLUDING A GAME) MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE’S MEMORY FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING EITHER CONCURRENTLY WITH A GAME OR OUT OF PROCESS. AN “UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM” AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 1.C. ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PLATFORM DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, (a) THE PLATFORM MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) BLIZZARD MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER. Additionally, certain Games include a tool that will allow your computer system to forward information to Blizzard in the event that the Game crashes, including system and driver data, and by agreeing hereto you consent to Blizzard receiving and/or using this data.

Quick Google search found this among other results:

Running being a key word there. If there are no processes running then having it on the computer alone should not result in a ban based on what little I know about it.

The issues I know related to it were when someone was running it to use with the game or they had it still up after using it for work/another game.

Totally dormant and shut down should not trigger anything.

3 Likes

He’s stated he uses it for moving addons around, devil’s advocate here: even if the game itself is closed but the launcher still running would that possibly trigger it?

Do you think my batch file system to move my addon files around would trigger something? It’s only being used to move files to and from the addon folder but it might look suspicious if I’m clicking it then reloading. They might think I’m trying to inject something into the game but…that’s stupid.

No, I was considering using AHK but after the replies, I stuck with my batch file set up. I didn’t want to use something not native to Windows as I was well aware that third party programs could be considered past that grey line.

…It’s not running…It has never ran…Please.

We can speculate all we want about the reason for the account action, but it won’t do any good.

At the end of the day, the only thing that can be done is appeal until Blizzard tells you no more and threatens account action if it continues.

Only Blizzard knows for sure what caused the account closure in the first place, but they will not reveal that information to you. That’s information bot makers really, really want.

I do wish you the best of luck!

2 Likes

I did not gather he was using it to move files, if he is then yeah, that would do it. He can’t have it running.

If he is just using a standard bat file he should be fine. Those are simple code old as hills and operate outside the game totally.

It should not, but you would not be doing that with the game running right? Blizzard really does not like it when we mess with game files, esp with the game running.

Addons of course can be modified all you want with the game closed. Normally with it open too though given it requires a reload, or restart to take effect.

I am not really seeing how that could be an issue…

I do. Sometimes I want to load TSM really fast and navigating to the file and moving the file into a folder hurts my wrist. I thought it would be easier to make a bat file to move the file for me, then I press my reload macro and bam, it’s moved. I’ve been using this for years and they’ve never said a thing to me.

I made another bat to removed TSM back into another folder so I could quick switch between the two. That’s what I was thinking about using AHK to do but too many people said it can get you banned, so I opted out. I’ve been using 6 bat files on my desktop to do everything addon-related for me.

Now that you’ve admitted to installing bot software, i doubt you’ll get your ban overturned

1 Like

later when the jerk looked, i went away. sad. i did the right thing to dodge it. that is the best thing. heartbroken. people lose friends later on years.

Your thread was addressed back in October. You were given information on how to place player on Ignore, and how to report Ongoing Harassment if that happens to you.

This current thread is not related to player language in game.

5 Likes

Here comes the circus.

Why are you derailing my thread with your nonsense? I’m trying my best to not be rude but please go away.

I checked, I definitely didn’t click off my thread.

1 Like

You really really need to avoid getting into personal comments back and forth. Just put the alt on Ignore. You don’t want this to turn into some of the other threads.

Their first thread in Oct did not make much sense either. That was also answered as best we could and I just linked it. I would suggest not responding to the person derailing and spamming. Just report for spam.

6 Likes

Please stop ur rant has nothign to do with the OP issue.

What circus? You admitted installing it, warden checks for it