Ticket response

I am very disappointed with the level of customer service I am being provided by blizzard. I submitted a ticket to simply combine my accounts. Waited 7 or 8 days to finally get a response that was basically are you sure you want to do this…

I responded within 1 hour with all the information requested and now I have waited an additional 4 days with no response. So even after you wait a ridiculous amount of time for your ticket to be addressed, you can expect it to go to the bottom of the que again if they have a question?

Unbelievable.

1 Like

No, if you replied to the ticket and didn’t open a new one, it should be addressed a bit faster. It goes to the bottom of that queue though.

I’m sorry you are disappointed, Vittho. Our staff is working through the massive influx of tickets they’ve been getting for the last several weeks as quickly as they can.

5 Likes

Here’s a pretty good example of how Blizzard support is doing:

I had some questions about Queues for WotLK and offered possible solutions… their response was about Overwatch… still waiting on a response 4 days later

I wanted to include a screenshot of the Ticket… but i can’t even post links in these forums. I pay $30/month and bought 2x WotLK Epic packs for GMs to not even be able to provide me with information about the right game. At least take the time to read the ticket before sending customers an automated response redirected to forums… at least make sure you’re talking about the same game

1 Like

That’s not what the ticket system is for and is one of the factors in ticket times ballooning.

13 Likes

None of what you said you put a ticket in for requires a ticket in any way. You wasted their time they inturn waste yours. Seems fair to me.

5 Likes

Please read this and understand, this was not something a GM could have helped you with, suggestions would have been better placed in the classic forums, or in the suggestions/feedback system. Also found in the support menu in game, but goes to development who actually do take suggestions and feedback about game play.

4 Likes

So how else can i speak to someone at Blizzard regarding this issue? I pay a monthly sub… i deserve answers to my questions. It’s a mullti billion dollar corporation that should provide customer support. Can i call them to talk about it? If it were a free game it’d be different. I pay money, therefore I am warranted time from a customer service rep to hear my issue out. Idc how mundane you think it is. Thats how businesses work…

thank you for this… perhaps opening a ticket wasn’t the best option… but, they did respond with an Overwatch response when my question was clearly about WoW. That simply means they didn’t even read the ticket, or even worse, read it and provided the wrong info on purpose. Not good…

You don’t. There isn’t an avenue for dialogue of this sort. You are welcome to post your ideas and suggestions either in General Discussion or by using the in-game suggestion and feedback interface.

You pay a monthly subscription to access their servers. It does not entitle you or anyone else with an intimate sit down with the staff.

No. There hasn’t been an active line for many years - just because of things like these. It was constantly being misused, so they got rid of it.

See above. You are welcome to post your ideas and thoughts in the proper places. You are not entitled to a response, let alone guaranteed one, I’m afraid.

This isn’t how Blizzard works, they’ve never operated like this. I’m sorry you thought otherwise.

7 Likes

No not fair. I pay them money… we’re not equals

All that is a terrible business model solely based on using people’s game addictions against them knowing they’ll re-sub no matter how bad they treat their player base. Clearly you’re fine with tolerating it, but i’m not. I’ve been playing this game since 2005 and never considered abandoning it because of Blizzard. The fact there is no one at the company to talk to is a major issue. The fact that their only solution to 4+ hr queues is to transfer off server is unacceptable. Idk how you guys can just be like “well it is what it is”

I didn’t even realize that you weren’t the OP and have completely hijacked their thread. Not kosher. If you want assistance, you post your own thread rather than dipping in and out of multiple threads. Unless you’re looking to lose your posting privileges.

If you’ve played since 2005, you should know better. This isn’t anything new - how they run their business and how they communicate (or don’t) with the playerbase. You’re really reaching there, adding in the addiction bit.

You may think you have the golden egg, the answer to all of their issues. Perhaps you do. But so does every other single person who has tried to offer their suggestions or vent their outrage over the queue times. A Dev even posted a pretty thorough response to a lot of these “easy fixes” that people assume would solve everything.

Did you see it or pay it any mind when it was first making the rounds?

You may not like the options given, but there are options so you’re not sitting in long queues. Blizzard is absolutely in the wrong for letting the mega-servers to balloon as they did. But players have to own their own responsibilities as well. You’re welcome to stay on your server, but you’re going to have the queues for now.

10 Likes

No, it really isn’t.

Why? People on those other servers are logging in just fine.

Your subscription only gives you access to the servers with no guarantee for a specific server or a specific character even.

People keep asking why ticket times are so incredibly high and it’s because of people putting in tickets for things that GMs have ZERO control over.

If you have a constructive suggestion to make, then feel free to post it in the WotLK General forums so that it will be seen.

But GMs have never been there to try and answer development questions.

10 Likes

No i didn’t see it. Tbh im not active on the forums at all and never really had an issue with it… nor did i intend to hijack anything… just add to a post relevant to my angst. Didn’t know that the OP was the only one entitled to express their discontent in the thread. And tbh not sure that making a whole new Post about basically the same issue is a better option. Thank you for the link though… i’ll check it out

And i’m not that upset about the Queues… just upset that if i DC for 10mins, i get put back to a full re-Queue. Also upset that there’s no solution to it.

Maybe this isn’t the place to do this… but why can’t a sort-of RSVP system work? Currently I Queue at work. Sometimes the Queue pops like an hour before i get off work so i sit AFK on 2 accounts for that time. Why can’t i note that I won’t be available till X time, and not have to take 2 people’s spots for an hour?

You’re right they are your better as you are giving them money not vice versa.

1 Like

That’s not how a healthy business operates

You are welcome. But yes, for future reference - someone creates a thread and we try to help them or get them pointed in the right direction. This forum isn’t one to just come in to vent in multiple threads.

You could have posted a thread, inquiring why you received a response geared towards OW rather than WoW, and folks would have tried to explain and find out what your issue was, and we would have provided you the places to properly voice your ideas.

Still, I am sorry for what you and so many are going through on the Classic side, there just isn’t an easy fix, and while it doesn’t often seem like it - they are reading peoples’ posts and whatnot. I do wish you luck and shorter queues!

2 Likes

Much appreciated. Clearly I’m just heated and only on the Forums because i got put back in a 6500 Queue cause i decided to take my dog for a walk after i was already online

2 Likes

It’s not an issue that there is no one to respond to customer complaints/comments? ← I admit i should have posted a thread on the forums and not put in a full ticket… but regardless, every company - especially a multi billion dollar one - should have a strong customer service department focused on keeping their clients as happy as possible. Blizz does a good job with this on Forums from what i’m seeing now, but to say that it’s not an issue that there’s a lack of provided customer support for wtv minor issues seems off to me. Customer satisfaction should be a company’s priority.

Why’s it unacceptable for the only solution to 4hr queues is to transfer off? Because that should be 1 solution of many… not the only one. I brought this to a GM in error, i do realize this is not their focus and have no control over it. I still think there should be a way to express grievances. If I had an issue with Amazon, Apple, Samsung or wtv other major corp… i 100% guarantee you i can get someone on the phone. Why would this be different?

To what end? To let you know that it was already heard and that free transfers have been opened up to multiple servers over the past weeks? That’s already info that’s available.

They have a solution and you’re still not happy…so provide them with some constructive feedback in the right place (WotLK General forums) and it’ll get seen by the Community Managers who pass this sort of feedback along.

And there is. It’s via a constructive post about what other solutions you think they should implement.

My bet would be that since they’re not really game developers that you’re comparing apples to trout.

And no, I don’t believe that you’d get an Amazon website developer on the phone to explain to you why their website works the way it does. Or an Apple developer to discuss with you the reason their latest phone/watch/etc. works the way it does.

You’re asking a front-line staff to queue times and solutions that they’re not in charge of. I get that they provided you with info about a different game, but that just shows they’re human. GMs for Blizz handle all their games, not just WoW. While you feel that means this was automated, I believe that it shows human error, not automation.

This is a video game. You’ve already agreed via the EULA/Terms of Use, that you are only paying for access to servers when they’re available. There are no guarantees to any specific server or character.

8 Likes