Replying to a GM's request

So did the GM forget to leave the ticket open? So I submitted a ticket over a week ago (normal I guess) but it was “answered” today with a things to do list from a GM. In the ticket they advised to “reply” to the ticket and provide the required items for review so action could be taken. There is nothing to click on to reply to anything. You cant be serious that I have to create a “new” ticket in response to the GM’s requests and wait another 8 days to be re-reviewed…

Not sure, Aeropist. I do see you currently have two tickets open.

So is there a way to get a hold of the GM that handled my ticket to reopen it so I can submit what’s needed to them? Or I sent the requested items in the new ticket already, any way to merge that and get it submitted to the GM for review?

It doesn’t need to go back to the same GM - they’ll see everything on your account.

Well if I had to open a “new” ticket just to submit the requested items I have to wait another 8-10 days for it to get reviewed due to average wait time?

You already have two open. If you need to add items, you should be able to edit either one of them.

2 Likes

The point is I shouldn’t have to make a new ticket just to submit things to a ticket that was previously opened and reviewed. I only have the two tickets open because that’s the only option!

As a business owner, I am shocked if this is the process for making changes to an account that require customer service assistance. Going back and forth via “new tickets” which adds potentially weeks of waiting is absurd.

Usually you can reopen a ticket, I’m not sure why in this case you cannot.

In any event - if you edit one of the two already in queue, they’ll retain their place in queue, just with the added information.

2 Likes

It has been pointed out many times here that you’re not going to be trying to make a new ticket. No new tickets.

You don’t. No one is suggesting that. Just move on from the “I need to make a new ticket” frustration.

You want to edit a current ticket. It’s the edit you’re looking for. No one has suggested you put in a third ticket. Edit one of the two you have open.

Just as a by the by - Orlyia is a SFA, she has nothing to do with tickets or any of that. She can see what’s going on, but she has no part in their handling or resolution. The GMs who do handle tickets, they don’t come here to this forum as it’s one for players to assist other players.

If you’d like to give voice to your discontent and leave your feedback/suggestions for those who do handle the tickets? Absolutely fill out the survey you’ll get when your ticket(s) are closed. That is the only way to reach those who would make any adjustments to the procedure/process. I do wish you luck in getting things pushed through.

2 Likes

Omg people!!! I CANT EDIT IN THE TICKET THAT NEEDS TO BE EDITED!!! Why is it SO difficult to understand?

I need access to the still “open” ticket to submit what was requested. Currently the ticket is uneditable and the only button that is available is “resolve ticket”.

In this case with what is described, how is one to respond to a ticket that is for all intents and purposes, locked without making a “new ticket”

Stop telling me to edit one of the two tickets I opened!! They are submitting what was asked for in the original ticket and is still listed as “open”.

Lastly Blizzard, you need to make a “private” area for customer service for forums, I came here to avoid an unnecessary wait which I should not be subject to due to the poor process apparently in affect. I sure don’t need the comments of a non-employee who can’t do anything to help the situation for a customer.

The process needs change. I should be able to speak to a person without having to wait extremely long wait times for service through email, or have to explain my issue to people who seem to have nothing better to do than interject in something that is none of their business.

• Your original question was addressed by an employee an hour after you asked.
  • Anyone with a forum account in good standing may post in the CS forum.

Maybe because an employee said you should:

…and you never said you can’t edit any current ticket. You kept going on about being a business owner and how you’d never let this happen and the queue is too long and you can’t believe you’d have to do three tickets and such and such and Bob Loblaw.

But excuse the hell outta me.

Good luck.

7 Likes

That would be the ticket queue. As Orlyia already mentioned, it’s odd that you were not able to re-open your ticket and it’s likely that the GM who answered it chose the wrong option when they were done with it. That’s not normally the case.

I’m not sure what other sort of process for a ticket system would work better. Right now, for the most part, we have first-in, first-out. Some tickets may take priority over others and some are handled by separate queues/staff too, which will have an effect on how those are handled.

But a public forum (or even a private one) is not the solution when there’s already a ticket system in place. Otherwise, people would just flock to the one they thought would get answered first.

6 Likes

Aeropist, I cannot answer why you couldn’t reopen THAT ticket - but it shouldn’t matter. If you’d like to edit that ticket number into either - or both of the ones you currently have open, that would be fine.

This really isn’t a venue for Customer Service - this is primarily a forum for players to assist their fellows when they can. I know the title can sometimes be confusting - but we do CS through tickets and Live Chat.

Live Chat would be your other option, but it’s not open today - and sometimes the times and days are limited. With the queues as long as they are at the moment Live Chat is actually usually not an absolute necessity and is the least efficient method we have for resolving issues so sometimes it’s not opened.

I do believe this has been asked and answered. I do wish you the best in getting this resolved.

8 Likes