Q & E Strafe keybinds don't work

Something in the WTF folder gets corrupted. Not sure what yet. I exit the game, delete my character folder, and log back in and it works.

happened to me today

all of these could not fix it

If it hasn’t been mentioned. Logging into another character fixed the problem for me.

1 Like

+1 /10char

When i did this I could move the character I logged into, but logged back into original character and strafe buttons still didn’t work.

hmm that’s strange, sorry to hear. its bizarre. Now i avoid being mounted when I queue in or out

Just had this bug. I completely exited out and logged back in. Strafe STILL wasn’t working. Like others in this thread, I had to log into an alt and then back on the character having the issue to fix it.

Same thing, cannot strafe at all despite all the “fixes”.
Weird thing is, when I am fishing and press the strafe buttons the fishing bobber disappears as I just moved, but the char is not moving at all, so the buttons work just not for strafing .

Happened for me out in the world. Was dragonriding then dc’d, came back Q & E don’t strafe. Going to try the suggestions here.

Edit; logged out on dragon back and logged back in. Seems to have fixed it for now at least.

This just happened to me

happened to me today, dragonriding really broke a lot of things this expansion :0

Bump

How is this still a thing

4 Likes

I’m on a Dracthyr Evoker, same issue. Strafing suddenly seems to stop working. Logging onto an alt, strafing on them, and logging back in seems to fix the issue.

Relogging fixes it.

So it happened to me for the first time. Flying and landing again didnt fix it. Ill try relogging.

Lost strafe remounting doesn’t fix it. Very bad.

Dragonflight is the buggiest expansion I have ever played.

2 Likes

same here, workaround no longer works.

Same issue here.