Is there anything in this macro that's against the rules

it’s allowed, and there’s nothing wrong with the language. people are prob using the language excuse to report as spamming/botting, but as long as you’re not reposting back to back, you should be fine.

1 Like

I’ve been getting the same warnings when posting other macros that sell current-expansion kits as well though, such as a 1-375 engineering one.

That it may be, but he’s already getting warnings. So people are reporting him. If he’s getting warnings, he’s getting close to the threshold of being squelched.

which would be easily overturnable if the only reason he’s being reported is for the appearance of using a bot to spam. there’s absolutely nothing wrong with what he’s posting or doing.

Okay, that’s what I was hoping. If I do get silenced or whatever it is what it is, I was just concerned if I had to move the gold off that toon because I might get suspended or something. But as long as I could theoretically overturn it

The warnings just mean that others on your realm have reported you for possible violation so that you can look at what you are doing and maybe change the behavior.

A lot of the time folks on a realm may report messages like that as spam, or misunderstand policy and think that it is against the rules.

I would look at how frequently you are posting the message. 5-10 minutes may seem like a good gap, but if overall discussions are slow in that channel, you may the most prevalent, and that can look spammy.

8 Likes

this is exactly why i hate the automated reporting crap- people find ways to use it that it’s not meant for.

Perfect, thank you for the response, much appreciated! I have that client up on my other monitor so I watch that chat channel pretty frequently to ensure I don’t cross that border, but I’ll pay extra attention. I was just concerned about getting automatically silenced / suspended

the use of stars gives it an addon appearance; this can be why.

1 Like

I’m not saying that. I hate to see some one squelched or silenced for doing normal selling on trade. It’s not wrong to use trade for trade, but he’s getting reported enough to get the warning. I always err on the side of caution when it comes to these things.

1 Like

I’ll take those out, that’s a good point

oh i agree, but i’m the opposite. i rather fight for what i think was my right or me being right than bow down to the ones who don’t agree with me… which is prob why my mouth has gotten me in trouble once… maybe twice, heh.

That is a very good call out.

5 Likes

Don’t assume those advertisers aren’t also being reported.

The players on a given realm have the agency to determine what they consider spam. There is no black-and-white, rigidly defined frequency where spam becomes spam. Every 2 minutes, every 20 minutes… if they think it’s spam, they can report it as such.

2 Likes

spam was always defined as posting the same thing several times in succession. people might think they can change or alter the meaning to words nowadays, but the meat of it still holds true.

Was it? Or would similar messages all advertising the same thing by multiple people in the same channel also count as spam?

This is why Blizz looks to the community to help determine what the community feels is spam. It’s not black and white and, with the understanding that each battle.net account report for spam only counts as one report, if those reports pile up from unique accounts, then that’s absolutely spam.

3 Likes

unless it’s the same person spamming the same message on multiple accounts, no, that’s just coincidence. you see multiple people spamming items for sale in trade chat for example, it doesn’t make it spam just because there’s 5 others trying to sell the same thing. you might consider it spam because it’s “garbage” to you, but technically, it isn’t.

see, that’s the funny thing with contracts- it is supposed to be black & white, and it’s why a lot of us older gamers take offense to all this new crap because it isn’t defined and is more about “feelings.”

Except that, technically, it is spam. You don’t have to agree that it is, but I would argue that the majority of people do find that sort of thing to be spam.

No, it’s about rules. You can apply your feelings to it and pretend it’s due to your age all you want. If it doesn’t violate the rules, then it’s not going to be actioned. I’m an older gamer too. I also can decide if I feel like multiple posts regarding the same thing in-game is “spamming” trade chat.

Being annoyed does not mean that any feeling were hurt.

5 Likes

there’s a lot i wanna say in defense, but i’m not going to and get banned again for using words in examples that hurt people’s feelings.

as far as spam goes, way back when, spam was defined as posting the same message multiple times in chat. anything more than 3 times in a row would get you reported. spamming chat isn’t the same as email spam, otherwise yeah anything you consider junk would be spam.