Gifted MW2 Vault.Campaign access not available?Was I robbed?

Just checking to make sure this doesn’t get missed

1 Like

I feel like we are moving away from the subject at hand, due to you continuously needing to defend Blizzard in every way. Which I fully respect, but again nothing is coming out of our back and forth banter. Just very long responses not even regarding the primary subject.
I am going to stop responding to this post now, until hopefully a blue responds.
I really would like to keep the topic about the fact that I am not able to access what was paid for.

2 Likes

As originally stated, this was a gift sent to me from my wife’s Battle.net launcher.
The Vault edition was purchased from her end, and sent to me.
I accepted the gift via my Battle.net launcher.
The game currently still shows buy now though, instead of allowing me to download the campaign that was promised.
When I click buy now, the launcher even tells me that I currently own the game.

1 Like

I tried going to Blizzard support

https://us.battle.net/support/en/

When you select Activision games, it’s pointing to that support.

For help with Call of Duty® or Crash Bandicoot™ issues, we’ll send you to Activision Support.

Where I got

I see Vrak’s replying and hopefully has better input.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you at all, and honestly, neither does Blizzard.

Unfortunately, though, they’ve stated there’s been a “perfect storm” of issues that’s resulted in high queue times. Some of which include:

• At least two ban waves very close together, prior to the launch of Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
  • Classic server merges, resulting in lost characters (primarily just players being confused as to their locations, but some issues in getting them moved over as well)
  • Issues with missing items from WotLKC upgrades.
  • WotLKC launch
  • Excessively high queue times on high pop servers
  • Transfers and free character moves off or on to said high pop servers, and issues thereof.
  • OW2 launch and the fiasco that was the phone number requirement.

While I’m sure they tried to prepare for the launches, the rest of the issues were unforeseen, and ended up piling up, more than they could prepare for. We don’t know exactly what they’re doing to mitigate it; it’s possible they have opened up hiring for more GMs, but it can take a few weeks to get them trained up on tools (made in-house) and policies.

The buy now option is likely just an advertisement that will remain, even if you already have the game.

As for the issue, I don’t know if our Support staff can assist, as we generally can only help with purchase and installation issues. From our point of view, you either have the license or you don’t, and you do appear to have the license. So I don’t believe there is anything more Support would be able to there.

That said, I have forwarded the reports, including that thread you linked to see if someone can take a look.

7 Likes

Thank you, this is what I was hoping for.

My biggest issue here, and I am fully alright with being patient.
I get that you guys are swamped…

But my biggest fear in all of this, is that currently the wait time for a response is over 2 weeks and there is only 7 days left before the game actually releases.

What does that mean for me? Does that mean that even though I paid the 100 dollar premium, to play the campaign early…

Does this mean that most likely I am just out of luck? That nothing will be done about this, because nothing can be done…in time?

I cannot even refund this to try again, because of no real support from you guys.

Even you as a blue, cannot even do anything for me but forward this to the right eyes.

It’s so sad to me, as a customer who has been around since day one.
A customer who has clearly seen what Blizzard support is capable of, and without a doubt would never guess that it would take you guys 2 weeks to resolve an issue, that clearly needs resolved sooner then that.

I’m fully appreciative though of all the responses, but they all just say one thing to me.

This is all the reasons why we cannot help you, and sorry you’re out of luck until Blizzard sees that you even need support.

Again, is it all about the money now?
I used to pay 60 dollars for a game, sometimes a bit more for some perks.
But 100 dollars, and the biggest incentive is to play the game early.
Yet I am locked from that because of a technical issue, and yet Blizzard has removed all meaningful ways of support so much. That I cannot even get a real fix here.

Things like this really make me, someone who has paid thousands of dollars towards Blizzard products since I was a teen. Now a full adult with 4 kids. I just feel like turning my head away entirely.

I hope a real change happens soon. I am the most loyal customer, but man this one hurts.

1 Like

As long as someone in the right department to do something about it has eyes on it, I’m sure they’ll prioritize it, given the time limit. I can’t say that for sure, of course, but yeah.

2 Likes

I really hope so.
It sucks that due to only 7 days left before release…
That I would need to feel so pressed to have this resolved.
But again this put my wife in tears last night, she saved this money up for a while to surprise me with this.
If Blizzard had better support, or should I say the support they had back when.
This could have been resolved today, and I wouldn’t need to be making such a stink over this.
I feel that this is embarrassing for Blizzard, and I truly feel that it shows how much things have really changed for the worse over the years.

This company has gotten richer off us, not poorer.
Why continue to make excuses as to why a customer cannot get real support, when they continue to rise the prices of games?

Will Blizzard compensate all of us currently having this issue when they eventually respond?

Or will this be a simple case of, sorry nothing we can do…

1 Like

They have not, there are actually more ways to contact Blizzard than ever. You are bringing up the phone system while ignoring the fact that it was pretty much rendered useless by abuse, to the point that it was a miracle to even get into the queue to be put on hold, 9 times out of 10 you would get a busy signal or simply dropped. No one is happy with the wait times and this is NOT normal. These wait times are, again, a convergence of a perfect storm of events. This isn’t Blizzard doing it on purpose or not trying to give support, it literally is the system they have being overwhelmed because of situations beyond anyone’s control.

Also, just to add, this really isn’t a Blizzard issue. As Vrak pointed out Blizzard would be able to help if you were having an issue with Battle.net, however this doesn’t look to be the case and the issue appears to be with Activision. Blizzard really has nothing to do with MW other than helping with Battle.net issues. You really need to be contacting Activision about this. Kozzae shared the link that should be able to help you.

1 Like

Literally the wait times were under 24 hours around two weeks ago. This isn’t about anything that Blizzard did to their support.

Have you contacted Activision? Since this isn’t a Blizzard product they would be the ones that would ultimately have to help you here. Vrak has pointed out that Blizzard sees you as having the license and most likely won’t be able to do anything with this. I would hate for you to waste your time by waiting on a ticket that they can’t actually help with.

MW is an Activision game not a Blizzard one, the companies are not the same and do not help out with each other’s games other than help with purchase and installation issues dealing with Bnet, which this appears to not be.

2 Likes

How is this an issue with Activision, if it’s the battle.net launcher causing the issues?

I did not only talk about phone support, I mentioned all means of support.
Currently you cannot get an issue resolved for two weeks! Some people need issues resolved sooner then two weeks. The game releases in 7 days, and my issue is that I cannot access something promised before those 7 days are up?

Did you read anything I said? This issue is with the (battle.net) launcher.
I purchased the game with the (battle.net) launcher, and the (battle.net) launcher is telling me that I can buy the game still. However, with the vault edition, I should be able to access the campaign as promised when you go to purchase the vault edition.

I am not interested in starting a pointless debate over who is at fault.

If Blizzard had better means of support, this could be solved today.

I have no interest in starting a fire, over your reasons behind why you (feel) Blizzard has no fault.

Blizzard isn’t doing it on purpose you stated, but they sure did cut out all means of support to a point that it takes 2 weeks to get a response.

I will not be responding to anyone else, as clearly some of you would never allow anyone to shame a multi billion dollar company into providing some meaningful support, when someone really needs it.

Have fun debating amongst yourselves.

1 Like

Isn’t an issue where the launcher does not recognize a license, so won’t let them install and play, a Blizzard issue still?

I don’t play Activision games so I am likely just missing something about how this works.

3 Likes

Exactly, thank you!

How could this possibly be an Activision issue. When it’s the launcher not allowing me access to the campaign! Blizzard would need to look into why my account is not allowing early access to the campaign. Even though I clearly have the license.

1 Like

Yes and that was from a perfect storm of events that no one could have predicted. Like I said just a couple weeks ago wait times were under 24 hours. Also it isn’t taking two weeks, that time is the longest ticket in queue and is because there are some issues that have to be escalated and will take longer. The current wait time is just over seven days. Again this isn’t something Blizzard is proud of our doing on purpose. You demeaning them and calling them incompetent in so many words isn’t helping.

As Vrak said this ISN’T an issue with the launcher as Blizzard shows that you have access to the game. The issue is with the game not recognizing that you have access which would be an Activision issue. I mean you can wait on the ticket with Blizzard but Vrak was telling you that they more than likely can’t help at all, or you could actually get help with Activision who actually owns the game.

1 Like

I think he is perhaps saying that all the steps Blizzard Customer Support can assist with have already been tried, there is not much else a GM can do. They do not have developer access, as you know.

If the issue is one a developer needs to look into, then I am assuming Vrak already forwarded the matter to them. If a fix is needed, it will be applied system-wide, not at the account level. And in such a case, ticket wait times are irrelevant.

1 Like

Yes, that is likely the case. I just took it as “Blizzard” as a whole can’t do anything, which seems off. Your perspective is probably correct - CS can’t do more with it at this point themselves. The fact that he can’t install it is certainly within the Blizzard realm though.

He did forward it though so that the teams outside CS can have a look. Hopefully they can get it sorted.

1 Like

I do not care what Vrak said. As this IS an issue with the launcher.
Blizzard shows that I have access to the game, but not in the launcher?
My brother pre-ordered the vault edition as well, but was not gifted it.
He is able to see where you can currently install the campaign.
For me however, it just shows the buy now option when I click the MW2 game in the launcher.

Again how is this not a battle.net launcher issue, how can Activision give me early access to the campaign, by forcing the battle.net launcher to give me access to the campaign?

What are you defending here exactly?
You’re causing my post to get un-railed because of your dire need to defend Blizzard? RELAX my guy.

It’s just a typical case of, nothing we can do. Let me blame it on someone else.
Oh and by the way I forwarded this.

I mean common I cannot believe nothing more can be done about this!
I cannot even get my money back.
I should just do a charge back, and forget about Blizzard altogether!

Because a Blizzard employee has told you that they show everything is working on there end. You are free to argue all you want about how this is an issue with Blizzard all you want, however if I were in this situation I would be reaching out to the actual company that runs the game to see if they can assist me… especially if the other company has said that everything looks correct on their side and isn’t sure they would be able to help you.