Classic Era Server

What realm are you on? I’m not opposed to rerolling to horde. I just want to enjoy classic wow.

2 Likes

My home is Incendius. It’s a part of the NA PvP East. I gave a quick rundown of it near the beginning of the thread. It’s by no means a large realm cluster but the folks I get to play with there are helpful. I live in a central timezone so its server clock is an hour ahead yet that hasnt been an issue for me. IRL is making me play on a rinky-dink laptop until a replacement power supply comes in the mail but I will usually log on at least once a day to check in with my buddies.

I can try looking for ya tomorrow/sometime this week. If interested, LeFlesh#11378 is my tag.

3 Likes

Cool. Appreciate the info. After work, expect a new orc warrior running around. I’ve been looking for a good reason to level a warrior to present itself. Hopefully I can make this a forever home lol. It’s all I’m looking for on this game.

2 Likes

Just last night, presumably at peak, there were about 130 Horde players and over 300 alliance players logged onto Mankrik.

They are mostly 60, so it seems leveling 1-59 is going to be solo for the most part, but there will be dungeons and raids for the 60s.

Agreed. Leveling is easy enough as it is and it’s short enough that, even without accelerated XP, you will spend far more time at 60 than 1-59.

2 Likes

avoid the pvp west cluster. wonderdruid and his goons control it with strict harassment

1 Like

NA PVE East Guilds

Alliance

The Unyielding: Progression raiding (phase 5) and leveling

The Misfits: Progression raiding (phase 4) and leveling

Phoenix Rising: Progression raiding (phase 5) and leveling

Encore: Phase 6 raiding (farming, multiple teams)

Renegades & Heretics: Progression raiding (phase 6)

Go With the Flow: Social and leveling

C Era: Hybrid PVE and PVP focused

Fatal Fantasy: Social

Taco Supreme: Social

Rollin’ with my Gnomies: Social

Classic Retirement Home: Social and leveling

Alone: Social

The Unwanted: Social

(I may be missing others, some newer ones have been forming)

Horde

Loot the Dog: Phase 6 raiding

DragonFire: Social and leveling

The Barbarian Council: Social and leveling

Not II Mess With: PVP focused (I think)

(I may be missing others, not entirely familiar with team red)

3 Likes

This is great. I miss the days when server communities had their own forums. I ran the raiding progression thread on medivh during TBC and everyone knew everyone else.

1 Like

When BC launched, I kept a couple characters on Bloodsail Buccaneers, which at the time was supposed to remain ‘vanilla only’. But when I go to that server now, it says Wrath on the character selection page, and Wrath pre-patch activities are occurring. Am I understanding correctly that there are a few servers that are indeed staying vanilla only, or are all classic servers basically wrath servers now?

The Atiesh Azuresong Old Blanchy Myszrael is VERY dead. Think it’s a US west coast cluster since I picked OB cause it was west coast. Double digit population at prime time on both factions.

They really need to merge these better instead of like 6 different clusters, they can do atleast 1 pvp, 1 pve and 1 rp.

2 Likes

On the launcher make sure you are using the game version “World of Warcraft Classic” and not “Wrath of the Lich King Classic”

I thought I was, but I’ll double check–thanks!

The reason I say this is because I had characters on Mankrik on WoW Classic. Now there are two Mankriks, one for Classic Vanilla and one for Classic Wrath. Which one you see depends on which version of the game you launch.

theres more players logged onto era than on som

Yeah, as a test last night I created a level 1 nelf toon on Classic era Mankrik and there were at least half dozen to a dozen people in Shadowglen at that moment.

There are definitely new players rolling on the server. The total character count on CensusPlus is increasing about 200 characters/day.

yeah i play on mankirk alliance the population has only been increasing.

We need more horde players, c’mon!

1 Like

haha im working on that too currently lvl 45 on horde

Glad era is still going strong

Ive switched back to wrath for now but i reckon that will grow stale eventually and I do want to level my mage on era Whitemane.

I play Horde east coast PVE, and am in the raiding guild there.
More players are always welcome.

So, some differences to Vanilla:
First the bad:
The AH is dead. No bots - which is nice, but no items people need either. You can probably make a fortune by selling dreamfoil, ghost mushrooms, etc, but there’s probably not a ton you want to buy either. If you only have one toon, I STRONGLY advise herbalism to get the mats you’ll need (people can craft stuff for you easily and for free). It will largely be on you to farm up the mats you need for the raid consumables, so plan accordingly. If you need more unusual items, they can often be found in the guild bank or by the discord trade channel.

The good and everything else:
The community is small but fairly close knit. There are two 40 man raiding guilds - one raids all content, and the other is currently getting enough people to work their way through MC regularly with some limited cooperation between them. There will be a raid spot for you if you want it (20 mans and MC/BWL), but you will mostly likely not just jump into regular raid spots in AQ40 or Naxx without gearing yourself up first, and being a little patient. The naxx roster is fairly stable, but there are fills and people are willing to cycle out for others if the people are geared. For a naxx spot you will be expected to be decently AQ geared, and have a Frost Resist set (people can make them for you, and runes are provided when you’re ready).

One thing to keep in mind, due to Blizzard’s inability to make the world buff quests repeatable, dropping a off schedule world buff is kind of a big deal and a big no-no. You are expected to schedule your rend/ony head/nef head/ and heart of hakkar. This applies to both alliance and horde. Off schedule buffs are EXTREMELY frowned upon as there aren’t that many to go around to begin with.

40 man raids generally start at 930 (est) in LTD, with the buff train starting around 800 and summons are usually available thanks to some very nice warlocks. The other guild raids around 6 on the weekend.

World bosses like Azuregos and Kazzak are usually killed when discovered (occasionally racing with the other faction), but are not as much of a mad dash as during vanilla (if they spawn in the middle of the night, we often have to wait till morning to have enough people). The dragons of nightmare are sometimes killed, sometimes ignored and pretty much never hotly competed over.

The evenings usually have someone forming a BRD/scholo/UBRS run - but there aren’t that many groups.
Boosting is not really a thing. People can run you through RFC/WC if you ask nicely when people are free, and Junsa will take you into his ZG bijou farms if you’re on when he does it, but I don’t think there are many people doing mara/zf/SM pulls right now, so expect leveling to take a while. Chances are you’ll be leveling via questing.

If you have specific questions, just ask and I can probably answer them.