Bug: Receiving payout for cancelled auctions

Update

1 Like

Yeah, I saw yours before I made a post of my own! <3

1 Like

Warning: This is still happening.

I just received gold for auctions I cancelled yesterday. I opened a bug report from my account with the exact items and gold received in an attached a screenshot.

Edit: It also shows myself as the buyer.

Edit 2 : It’s also happening with expired auctions. I also got my items and gold back on those.

1 Like

This is absolutely still happening, and it’s happening with naturally cancelled auctions, like my 12h duration is up and I’m getting gold + items back, it shows me as the buyer even though I’ve done nothing.

1 Like

this is happening to me too on auctions that expired this morning

maybe the bug doesnt apply to auctions made after the ah fix? i dont know, i think i made these auctions before the ah was fixed

1 Like

Happened to me as well. Auctions set to a 12 hour duration yesterday came back as “expired” today, but I also have sales for those exact same items. Put in a bug report.

1 Like

Still happening, I received my expired auction and the gold for it as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the updates, I’ve been able to find an example in my own mailbox and have added to the post.

I got the same issue, I logged in today and got mails with payments for a lot of items that were canceled yesterday. I haven’t take the gold from my mail or canceled any more posts. Will I get in any trouble? Is there anything I should do?

I have quite a few auctions that are going to expire in like 6 hours, i will post if i have the same thing happen. Also, i still have the gold and have put in a ticket for them to remove it from my characters. I am trying hard to not use any of it until all of this is sorted out.

i just had auctions posted after the bug was supposedly fixed, expire and gold came with it.

this bug is still happening on expired auctions posted after the ah was reopened

I submitted reports in game and want to make it clear here Blizzard that I am not intentionally doing this and i fully am onboard with the gold being removed . I’m just trying to use the ah like everyone else

Also coming here to add that I am receiving both gold AND items in the mail for both sold AND expired auctions. I’m not cancel reposting, since I know that is/was broken when the AH was taken down for a bit, but this morning I still got gold AND items for some (but not all) of my expired and sold auctions.

Looking at which items were affected, it seems it’s commodities to me. But again, not all? Stuff like cloth, battle stones, optional ZM crafting reagents, armor kits, but not herbs or ore? I dunno, I didn’t check line by line in my mailbox and only noticed the extra items when I went to repost my expires.

I submitted a bug report in game, but I’m with Ralph here. I’m terrified to continue using the AH at all at this point. I don’t want to get extra/exploity gold, I just want to sell my stuff. =(

Same here. I haven’t moved anything from my characters and haven’t used the auction house since I noticed the bug and reported it ingame.

I just want to use the auction house again.

Yeah it’s a little scary. im still going to use the ah but I want Blizz to be ultra clear that I’m not trying to exploit im just posting auctions and trying to sell stuff

A blue post about what behavior should we adopte. It’s a burden to check all the mail to see if it’s a real sell or not. Can we still sell things? We need answer to keep playing plz.

1 Like

makes sense but really we should just be able to play the game normally and it should be up to them to figure this out since it’s their problem

I’m not down playing things because I’m worried too but im not going to punish myself by not playing part of the game if it’s available to play ya know

just going to keep doing what I normally do and nothing different

Just to add a little more info: I had this bug occur on a few different characters across 3 realms. It seems to only have impacted my commodities such as cut gems, enchants, missives, inks, and potions. Non-commodity items such as patterns did not seem to be affected. I had gathered the gold and expired items out of the mailbox on one character this morning before noticing the glitch. After noticing, I canceled those auctions I had reposted (hopefully safe now?) and left all other commodity related items and gold sitting in my mailbox.

For the auctions that supposedly “sold”, some of them list “multiple buyers” even on items that were only posted as a single, and a few list my own character as the buyer (which is pretty odd).

2 Likes

Okay, so on my priest I did not receive both gold and items back from the natural expiration of the items that I had posted yesterday.

Inbox of Shrouded Cloth Bags

This is the case for all of the items in my priests inbox. I have not experienced this on her.

Now on my monk instead of the auction expiring, it seemingly is now up for 49,711 days.

ss of 49711 days

Not sure if this is to postpone the auction from expiring and duplicating the items or what but this is also happening. additionally, on the items that sold on the monk it lists multiple buyers. Not myself as the buyer, so not sure what is going on there. Not sure if any of this is helpful.

2 Likes

Just checked one of my alts that still had auctions up from yesterday (I only canceled on the one that had accidently reposted today) and I’m also now seeing auctions that expire in 49711 days. It’s only the auctions that were posted for a shorter duration though, the ones that had been posted for 48 hours still just show 21 hours till they expire.

Well, the ticket I opened about this was closed with a canned response to check the forums and wowhead.

I’m not sure what to do here, are they working on it? Can I go back to use the Auction House?

I’ve just logged out of those toons and didn’t log back in since I noticed the bug.
I really don’t want to get banned for abusing something that I thought was fixed and didn’t know was an issue when I posted my items, but I also want to sell my stuff and try to buy that exquisite lightless silk at 1g .