Map Fog on iPad

In addition to a description of the bug you are reporting, please provide:

• Device Type: iPad
  • Device Model: Air 5
  • Device Operating System: iOS 17.3.1
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 4.5.0.87470/88436

On several maps there is a fog that overlays the map. It becomes near impossible to play because all minis, towers, gold veins and chests, etc. disappear from view. Spell effects and health bar/level come through and that’s it. I have not checked every map but this happens on at least:
Kashoch the Reaver
Grimongous
Tar Beast
Onyxia (I’ve not personally confirmed this one)

Similar effect but not as completely blinding:
Caerne
The Crystal Shaper
King Gordok - Diremaul

I believe there are others but don’t recall the other ones at this time. If I come across them I will add to this post.

6 Likes

Same problem here with iPad mini

2 Likes

Same here.
It seem like bottom layer comes up. So in any map where they have layer below ground (crack on floors etc), it comes on top.

2 Likes

Same here. Impossible to play Grimungous map.
iPad pro Gen. 1 with the latest update.

2 Likes

Same here on iPad Pro. Been happening for a couple of weeks now.

3 Likes

Yeah, this started the week that had 2 patches I think I heard? I got them both on the same day. One of them was an 800mb patch. That’s when the maps started having issues for me.

Old Guardian posted a video referencing it was something to do with resolution I think. So I guess the “solution” to be able to do the surge is to either use a phone or play it on the PC emulator.

1 Like

Just sharing that we have been reporting this in another thread too. I think you are describing it better.

2 Likes

Same issue with iPad ir 4 since latest big patch.
Som maps not playable. And reduced fuN

2 Likes

Same issue on IPad Pro running latest iOS

2 Likes

iPad 9th Gen with the same issue. I updated to 17.4.1 today and the problem persists.

1 Like

Same thing here impossible to play few maps (kashoch, grimungous, tar tyrant and lunaclaw) due to a very thick fog.

ipad 9
ios 17.3.1
app version 4.5.0.87470/89232

1 Like

Reporting same problem on several maps including Onyxia.
iPad Pro M1 latest versions of iPad OS and Rumble

Just sharing that we have been reporting this in another thread too. I think you are describing it better.

Gotcha, I tried searching for a few terms and literally couldn’t find anything. Hopefully we’ll get some attention on it soon. The quests and surges are very difficult to complete when you can’t see anything.

I’m updating original post to include other maps as I come across them and I’ve added the Onyxia mentioned above. (Wow, add another layer of challenge to onyxia sounds rough!)

1 Like

Same happening here. iPad Pro 10.5", iOS 17.3.1.

1 Like

Same problem, iPad Pro 12.9 (17.3.1) on latest app version. Especially the grimungous map

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Those levels are impossible to play. I can upload some pics if necessary. Even once you blindly take a tower, you can’t see anything.

1 Like

Same problem here for roughly the last week.

1 Like

same here, multiple devices

1 Like

This occurs only on my iPad not my iPhone. It is very Annoying and makes the affected levels impossible.

1 Like

I have had the same problem on my iPad Pro for over two weeks, since the release of 4.5.

iPad Pro (5th generation)
iPad OS 17.4.1
Game Version (current): 4.5.0.89480/89922

I have found that the “fog” affects the game fields noted below. I have rated the amount of “fog” from 1 to 5, with 1 being a light fog and 5 being a completely obscured game field. This bug has significantly hindered my progress on Onxyia. I haven’t ventured into any dungeons, and I’m not aware of any affected ones. I’d be happy to send screenshots to show how the game fields are affected or any other feedback. I hope that the developers are aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Grimungous: 5
Kashoch The Reaver: 5
The Crystal Shaper: 5
Crenka Bloodscreech: 5
The Tar Tyrant: 4
Lunaclaw: 4
Onyxia: 3
Falstad: 3
Magatha Grimtotem: 3
Vilebranch Hexx: 2
Volchan: 2
General Drakkisath: 2