Battery Drain Issue

Hi, I’m experiencing excessive battery drain on my iPhone 15 Pro Max (only 2 weeks old, 100% Battery Maximum Capacity). When I play this game, my battery percentage goes down really quickly. Hoping this report will help battery life in the next update. Thank you!

• Device Type: iPhone
  • Device Model: 15 Pro Max
  • Device Operating System: iOS 17.1
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 2.7.0
10 Likes

I have 14pro max 15 minutes of playing and my phone was hot af. And it drained 10% of battery :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah same problem although I have an older model. Much less the constant crashes.

4 Likes

I can tell the requirements are rough on my android as well. I dont think its that well optimized for mobile even though it was designed for them. My droid gets pretty warm. Feel like im going to get cancer playing it while its charging.

Wish they made a desktop version of the game

3 Likes

Don’t know why there isn’t a desktop version or at the very least options to make the game not turn my phone into a molten brick while using it. Hearthstone doesn’t melt my phone and drain my battery at a rate of more than 1% per minute of gameplay.

3 Likes

Yes, the overheating is also a good point. Definitely another important issue to hopefully fix in future updates!

I also agree that a desktop version would be nice.

iPhones aren’t tuned to use their whole GPU appropriately. Apple assumes people who buy the full GPU version are never going to open an application that uses it. They want them to look amazing on benchmarks, but they also don’t really care if the user experience is good. It’s a long time Apple firmware issue. They ship them with massively higher voltage than the cooling foil can sustain at full load. Developers are expected to get around this by tuning their software to use as little GPU resources as possible.

3 Likes

Yes, I facing the same problem. Not to mention the frequent crashes.

1 Like

1.The same problem, need a low battery mode.
2. iPhones was very hot

1 Like

I have an M1 Max MacBook Pro, so I can in fact play the game on a “PC”. However, I noticed that just having the game open will drain even the huge battery on this laptop. Game is clearly doing a lot more work than it should even when it’s paused, or on the main screen. There is no reason for it to be using so much GPU and CPU resources, it is in need of some real optimization. I don’t feel like I can play this game away from a power outlet even on my laptop.

2 Likes

Hello, I have the same issue with an iPhone 14 Pro. Check your battery life as mine went from 100% to 93% in two weeks. Now I am playing with an iPhone 14 (no pro) and it does not get as hot as the Pro. I wonder if it has something to do with the 120 Hz refresh.

Issue is not only for Apple products.
My Android also overheated after playing more than 4 battles, and game eats battery as hell.