Arclight Booster not available after a refund - Nor will ever be?

Dear Blizzard Devs, and community,

After the CBT concluded we got back the money we spent as Beta Credit which we could use later. There’s no problem so far. I was under the impression that I could use the beta credit combined with real money if I didn’t have enough credit to buy the booster again (I was actually too lazy to read the whole e-mail regarding this information so I was not aware that it’s not possible). So I bought the booster, noticed that I paid at least 30% more in price for the booster now than when I spent the same 20€ back in June (actually June 1st - 6790 HUF) and for the same 20€ now I got charged 8990 HUF (I know, inflation, taxes, etc, Hungarian Forint is as bad as it can get, whatever, that’s not really important know) so I asked for a refund (because of my poor lack of knowledge about the possible payments) and noticed after that the Arclight Booster could no longer be purchased in the game’s shop. I’m not crying over the Booster being more expensive for me, that’s just economy, I can totally accept it, I just want to let everyone know that if you, for some reason, decide you want a refund regarding the booster, at this moment it might becone unavailable for you in the shop.
I’d like to get some clarification if it’s indeed a bug or I’m just simply forked, but it wouldn’t really be funny to grind 5 weeks of Arclight Surge just to get back from -2000 golds to zero to start progressing again… :slight_smile:

So, I opened a ticket regarding this, got a really satisfying answer from Game Master Kalnywor (Here I’d like to thank you for the clear answer you provided) and he/she pointed out I should report it as a bug.
Hope it can be solved quickly and deters other players from falling into this “trap” like me.
Obviously I’m planning to buy the Booster if it becomes available for me again!

Update: I had 3 Game Masters respond to my tickets regarding the Arclight Booster not being available after a refund and the last response was kind of shocking…

"After checking into it, we are not able to offer to manually add the booster to your account for you or make it available to purchase again in the shop. At the moment, the booster can only ever be purchased once, even if it is refunded.

If you believe it should be available for you to purchase again, please be sure to provide that feedback via our forums. Our developers are not able to reply, but the feedback is appreciated."

So even if you just messed up the payment method for whatever reason and asked for a refund you won’t EVER be able to purchase the Booster again.
In this regard I feel like my Beta Credits are also wasted… Because if this is not going to change, I guess I’m not going to play a game where I have a disadvantage regarding progression. It feels discriminative…

I think the Booster should be available to buy again if anyone asked for a refund; maybe the person messed up and chose the wrong payment method.

• Device Type: Android
  • Device Model: Samsung Galaxy S22+
  • Device Operating System: Android 13
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 1.0.2.70578/70668
4 Likes

Same issue on my end as well. CBT Credit is not useable by any item in the store, all prompting my CC to be used instead.

Why they inflated the price on something they have arbitrarily put the price for (increased due to purchase demand and they can see more $$$) is beyond absured but greed gonna greed.

Good luck getting your money back. So far doesn’t seem likely.

2 Likes

Can we get an update on whether this issue is actually being addressed or not? It’s okay that in the support ticket I got the answer that it’s a known issue but other than that, no words on discord, no words here, seen other people’s posts about similar issues (like not being able to use the Beta credit for purchases). Also, I really think that if people already bought the Booster in the Beta, instead of providing Beta Credits for it (which wasn’t even enough for the re-purchase) the Booster should have been activated on all accounts that previously had it. We shouldn’t really TWICE for something which we already bought once… As someone has stated in another post, this does feel greedy… And I also fear for the possibility that if the Booster does become available again, it won’t provide me the accumulated gold I should receive. I’m already going to be short on XP as is, already farmed back the 2000 golds from Surges to balance my gold from minus to zero… But who can assure me that I’d also get those bonus golds that would come with the booster?

Edit: From the support ticket I got an answer that I should be on the lookout for any “known issues” forum posts but there is nothing of the sort anywhere… Not here, not on discord. Even patch notes vague or missing info. If there is no “known issues” post by the Blues how would we know what’s being worked on, what’s being focused on (priority), what’s already fixed? I think you should really communicate more with the Community if you value your playerbase (as that actually really kind GM stated in my ticket - he/she really was polite, you should strive to be like that person. I’m going to Ctrl+v his/her answer here:

“Last thing before I let you go, I wanted to apologize again for any inconvenience and that you had to contact us regarding your matter because Blizzard’s number one priority is you, the community. Our community is a huge part of the Blizzard family, and without our community and players, there would be no Blizzard Entertainment. We apologize if the game didn’t meet your expectations, we are always working on new updates to add new content that meets our community’s vision, and instant fixes for any problem.”)

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I was told to stop asking about it after about 5 chatGPT answers or action would be taken against my account. Doesn’t seem like they want people asking about this.

“…continuing to submit tickets on a matter that is considered closed may result in additional disciplinary actions being taken against the account.”

2 Likes

I’m getting kind of impatient… There are lots of issues with the payment system, bundles missing items after purchase, game crashing during purchase or the purchase itself fails and double charges people’s bank accounts as a result… STILL not being able to re-purchase the Booster because you focus on things that shouldn’t be as important as a system that literally scams your playerbase… Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not trying to be inappropriate or vulgar, or anything of the sort, but having spoken with several Game Masters and the last one telling me it’s a KNOWN ISSUE and is being worked on but still not addressed as it should be on a high priority list along with the Shop shows that you don’t really value your community as much as you used to a decade ago! We usually don’t get the items we paid for. And yes, I still want to purchase the Booster even after I refunded for the reason I mentioned above, you shouldn’t be limiting or punishing your community wanting to pay for your game’s services or wanting to progress in your games a bit faster… Have the courtesy of at least answering if it’s going to be addressed at all or not and maybe write a post about known issues/working on issues/solved issues… Communicate with us!

Thank you!

2 Likes

I also refunded mine (paid with the wrong card) and now I can’t buy it again.

How hard can it be to fix this issue? You’re a multi billion dollar company, and I actually want to buy the Booster…

2 Likes

Update: I got an answer to my ticket:

Your ticket has received the following response:

Hi there, _____!
I’m Game Master Dwynmathy, and I’m sorry I couldn’t speak with you in person, but I’ll be doing my very best to assist you with the Arclight Booster.
So I do totally understand the frustration at not being able to repurchased the Booster, and this is indeed not working as intended by the sound of it. Fortunately, our Developers are aware of the issue and actively looking into it, and hopefully it’ll be rectified soon!
Yours,
Game Master Dwynmathy

1 Like

It’s nice and dandy that they know about the issue, I had to speak to 4 different GMs about this, and the last GM was the only one providing a somewhat satisfying answer, like 'it’s really a bug, they know about it, already working on it"…
However, the biggest issue now is: I’ve opened that ticket 2 months ago, opened this thread on the 3rd of September… now it’s the 4th of Nov (here) as I’m writing this… 2 (TWO!) months have passed and still no progress…
This issue is related to the game’s in-game shop, real money transactions, and it’s still NOT resolved… The game has gone into Global Launch now and still no fix. One would think that something that involves real money would be fixed by the start of a game’s world-wide release, no less, it’s also the start of Blizzcon. I’ve said this before and still stand by my words regarding this:
I think (others may not…) that since a couple of us had access to the closed beta and purchased the booster there, we should have gotten it in Soft Launch too, but instead we had to buy the booster again, and the previous price was “given back to us as Beta Credit” that was not enough to buy the booster again. Paying for something price, well, okay, I’d do it, if it works correctly… but if it’s not gonna be fixed at all, even though it’s a known issue and “are working on it”, obviously I’m gonna feel scammed…
And if by chance it really gets fixed and I buy the booster again am I guaranteed to recieve the gold that should have been banked during that time? Will I also get back that 2000 gold I had revoked when the refund got through?
So many questions, but no answers provided.
I understand that the gameplay also has to be as smooth and with as few bugs present as possible, but Blizz didn’t even provide us with a “Known Issues” topic where we would also know what’s still a bug, what’s already fixed, and what’s going to be fixed soon, or even the priority list.

I really hoped for a global release fix, was thinking of leaving the game if won’t get fixed by this time, it’s really too tiring to grind without the booster at this point…

Edit/update:

So, I re-opened my ticket after two months so I could finally get an answer regarding this $show of an issue…
The 1st answer I got was somewhat promising, got my hopes that it might finally be fixed (since Blizzard booked it as an actuall bug/isseue), but got a follow-up answer (since they promised to inform me and they actually did, WOW!) that I’m forked over…

Now this definitely makes me want to quit the game now, and I guess, it’s the same with many other players as well…

I really can’t believe that such a big company CAN’T fix a feature regarding real money transactions/purchases… This is sad and frustrating… This is a shame…

https://i.imgur.com/RwGtQcM.jpeg

(Sorry I don’t know how to embed just images…This image shows the last 2 responses from the GMs to my ticket…)

2 Likes

I have the same problem, I requested a refund because a third party had purchased the item without my permission, but now I want to buy it as a gift and I can’t. Does anyone know if there is anything new in this regard?

same problem on my end. Gm suggested posting here because they can do nothing to remedy this. Maybe since blizzard cant sort it out they just gift the arclight booster to those effected.

I don’t know how many of you have spoken with GMs regarding the booster issue, and also how many of you are out there who haven’t posted here but opened a ticket about it, but as the picture shows under the link I’ve posted before, I got the answer that it can not be purchased again.

"We are contacting you with an update regarding the Arclight Booster : Our development team has looked into this and it is sadly not possible to re-purchase this product after a refund or chargeback as it can only be bought once per lifetime for each account at this time.

This can not be circumvented, repurchasing the Arclight Booster is thus sadly not possible.

We understand that this was not the answer you were hoping for in this situation, but we hope this helps to clarify! "

This was the last and ticket closing answer I got.

Now, what’s interested in this is the first part’s last couple of words…:
“…it can only be bought once per lifetime for each account at this time.”

Would be nice to have a Blue clarify this for us the “AT THIS TIME” part… Could it be interpreted as: “We might solve it later so you can buy it again, even if you did a refund by mistake!”

Might be false hope on my part, but one can dream, right?
If they won’t solve it at a later date either, I guess I’m also putting this game to sleep…
It’s just not worth to grind without the booster.
So please, Blizzard, I think more than just a couple of players got messed up, hope you finally realize that you need to fix the problems regarding real-money purchases. You might also want to consider forgetting to charge us through Google/Apple Store as it’s messing up everything at this time. Consider letting us pay only through Battle Net balance or just through the Battle Net, just like with every other games of yours…
And, again, this should take priority imho (real-money transactions I mean).

If the booster could be removed - it should also be able to be applied as necessary, no?
This issue is “solution” is quite troublesome as it affects game play quite negatively for any such reason. It almost seems like Blizzard does not care its customers.

Has there been any progress made upon this issue or will there be a solution in the near future?

1 Like

This also crossed my mind… I’ll buy Battle Net Balance credit and take away THAT to reactivate the Booster on my account… I’d have been happy with this “solution”. Blizzard doesn’t seem to want paying customers…

For me; there hasn’t been any update on the issue. The last time I posted here was the last ticket answer I received as you can see, however I’m still hoping that “at this time” part of the answer to be a ray of light in a future possible fix for this.

As of now: I’m not spending any money on the game as people are also reporting other issues like not getting the full bundle they chose to pay for, crashing before/during/after purchase leading to failed delivery, ending up refunding → taking them into negative currency.
But as F2P it’s also ridiculously slow, frustrating, time consuming to progress, so it kinda makes me want to quit if it won’t improve before Raids are implemented. For me that’s the deadline.

1 Like

I’m quite disappointed in these reported issues. It’s been many years since I’ve decided to jump back in and this is disheartening. The game has strong potential but Blizzard seems to have crossed into a more profit oriented model…

1 Like

Given that many users are complaining about purchased items not being delivered and problematic transactions via PlayStore/Applestore, I believe it is still possible for this issue to be fixed. As our friend said a few posts above, grinding experience without the Arclight Booster can be quite time consuming, and because of this, I hope that Blizzard’s devs are able to resolve this issue as soon as possible so that players are not harmed.

+1

I have an open issue here related to Arclight Booster: Arclight Booster “forced purchase” via Sylvanas bundle

I am also concerned that even if they manage to fix the clawback issue, I will also be excluded from purchasing Arclight Booster in the future.