App crashes every time when starting a game

In addition to a description of the bug you are reporting, please provide:

• Device Type: iPhone
  • Device Model: iPhone 7
  • Device Operating System: 15.7.9
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version:

After the latest update the game keeps crashing when loading a game. Opening the app again does get me to the start of the game. PVP is now impossible to play as the game has been going for a while when I get in.

It happens on quests too. And on the basic games.

4 Likes

Same issue. Different device.

DeviceType: iPodTouch 7th gen
Rumble version: 2.0.0.75845

2gig ram
3gig empty space

Since latest update (OCT 18? 2023)
The game loads up ok.
Navigation to guild / shop and map are ok

Click to start a game (arclight map, quest, pvp) the game will crash as soon as the 100% progress is done prepare to load a game.
Re-opening the app (not swipping up and restart) just re-opening the app will make the game playable.
Upon victory, will crash again
Then, re-opening the game (without swipping up) cause the load, and I can click on map to get arclight reward.

This crash is happening 100% when starting a game.

(Previous version had crashes happening, but those were more sporadic. Games were able start and play. Crashes happened often but (more?) randomly as for the causes.

Small rant / extra comments:
This is a bit scary to have above the minimum requirements for the device, and still have so many frequent crash / issue, and the game is planned to release worldwide in 2 weeksā€¦ Nov 3ā€¦

3 Likes

Same issue here:

DeviceType: Iphone
Device Model: Iphone 15 Pro Max
Rumble version: 2.0.0.75845

Another issue: ā€œPlayer nameā€ is my ingame name.

2 Likes

Same issue.

• Device Type: iPad
  • Device Model: iPad 6th Gen
  • Device Operating System: ios 17.0.3
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 2.0.0

Game crashes whenever i choose any quest / pvp.
Game crashes after it loads to 100%.
Game crashes within 20 seconds after starting any quest / pvp game
Game crashes within 1 - 10 seconds after trying to get back into a game that previously crashed.

Rebooted ipad
Signed out and logged back into game
Iā€™ve uninstalled / re installed the game
Iā€™ve updated to newest ios on ipad

How can there be no blue post / pinned post about this issue? Other games that iā€™ve played, if there is a stability issue it is treated as priorty 1, meaning they will hotfix it even tho there is no scheduled maintenance to be done or at the very least acknowlege the issue and assure people its being looked into as a priority.

If you are experiencing the same issue please add your experience to this post.

3 Likes
  • Device Type: iPhone
  • Device Model: iPhone 8
  • Device Operating System: 16.7.1
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 2.6.0

Same issue. App used to crash sporadically before, but now it is every time I try and play a match, PvE or PvP. Or collect rewards on the map. Havenā€™t been able to play for days.

2 Likes

[ Around noon (EST) on oct 25th, while getting the daily bonus from the shop, I went and try to start a gameā€¦ and to my surprise, it did not crash !
I was able to complete a mission, and also one of my current progression map without crashing ! ]

EDIT: Tried again this evening on 25th of October. Had a crash when starting a quest and PVP match.
Starting a regular ā€˜campaignā€™ mission if I can so, did work on the first try after loading the app.

[ Looking at the app versionā€¦ which has not changed, I think this looks like that a fix was done, probably on the ā€˜server sideā€™ part of the app?

What I try to say isā€¦ this game crashing issue (specifically on iOS device?) might be resolved ? Any other who reported this, take a try on your app to see if the issue was resolved? ]

EDIT : Nah. The crashing issue isnā€™t solved. However, something was done? Crash still happens, but I am able to start a few games and complete them.
(So far, only started QUEST, and regular campaign game, weā€™ll see about arclight surge tomorrow).

1 Like

Still crashing for me when I go to start any type of match.

2 Likes

Also still crashing continiouly for me too. There has been zero changes in terms of the frequency. Crashing the when the game loads, crashing every 10 - 15 seconds after i re enter the game. For me to complete 1 mission it takes me about 5 - 10 minutes and involves about 10 - 20 crashes.

2 Likes

Yep, it still feels about that here too. Before the big 2.0.0 update, I was able to have 2 to 5 games? Before the app randomly crashed. I assumed it was a memory leak issue or somethingā€¦ I was still able to get ā€˜dailiesā€™ done and have fun.

Since 2.0.0, with the very frequent crash, there are some ā€˜work around wayā€™ to have a map doneā€¦ but yeah, 1 mission is equivalent to over 10 minutes of time to get it done. Its isnā€™t that fun anymore, I really slowed down on the game time.

ā€¦ it is still a beta tough, so that is to be expected ! Letā€™s see how things evolve until Nov. 3rd !

2 Likes

Same bug. i cant play nothing because the game crash alwaysā€¦

2 Likes

Do we seriously still not have an update or fix for this?

3 Likes

Same issue:

Error Massage: 2.1.0.77414/77810
Rumble version: 2.7.0
DeviceType: Android
Device Model: POCO F3

It has been such an unresolved issue for so long.
I am a little desperate.
I canā€™t play PVP properly as it is.

This bug is happening on both IPhone and Android, so Iā€™m sure itā€™s a game-side issue, but not all people seem to have this bug.

1 Like

Having same issue with PVP where I crash the minute it starts and come back to having lost the match. It crashes almost 100% of the time.

Iphone 7. Fully updated game and IOS.

2 Likes

I have found a solution to this problem at this time and will share it with you.
As predicted, this problem was due to communication.
I stopped wifi communication and switched to sim communication and it stopped crashing.

The wifi communication speed is at least 287.2Mbps/236.8Mbps so it does not seem to be a speed issue.
Something seems to change with different communication methods.

2 Likes

Same here :ā€™(

iPhone 8 and ipad pro from Paris with love

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got same device and same issues. Stay strong.

2 Likes

Same issue.

• Device Type: iPad
  • Device Model: iPad 6th Gen
  • Device Operating System: ios 17.0.3
  • Warcraft Rumble App Version: 2.0.0

Both on Ipad (6th gen & Iphone XR)

Game crashes whenever i choose any quest / pvp.
Game crashes after it loads to 100%.
Game crashes within 20 seconds after starting any quest / pvp game
Game crashes within 1 - 10 seconds after trying to get back into a game that previously crashed.

Rebooted ipad
Signed out and logged back into game
Iā€™ve uninstalled / re installed the game
Iā€™ve updated to newest ios on ipad

2 Likes

SamƩ problem. The game keeps crashing
iPhone 8

2 Likes

Same problem. Iphone 8, iOS 16.7.2

Almost every game crashes the app. Occasionally Iā€™ll get one start to finish, but 90% crash rate currently

2 Likes

Same issue here. Game crashes on every pvp game, quest game, and sometimes campaign game. Have to reload multiple times to play a single match. This is unplayable in its current form.

3 Likes