You have been temporarily restricted from the server

So installed wc3 with legacy keys, entering bnet i have this message “You have been temporarily restricted from the server.Please try again later.(3.46)”

So how to fix this ?

9 Likes

have same problemnow , after i patched wc3

then you have used illegal software.

Also restricted from logging in. Have been for a few hours. There goes my day off for the week playing with friends.

I am having the same issue. I tried re-installing w3 and double checking my cd-key codes but it doesn’t work. The CD keys I use are from 2004 (saved on my email). I have never played ladder, used bots, spammed, or used 3rd party software. Why is my IP banned?

Having same issues patched it and its saying you have been restricted you have been temporarily restricted from the server.Please try again later.(3.46)
why???

Yeah, i have the same problem. Last cd keys are block, new reforget id temporary distriction. Have no feed back and help from blizz, its terrible.

I give your advice only vpn can help.

Waiting when developers fix the bug…

I have old cd keys they work just fine.

i just tried logging in as well and it says temporarily restricted from server… what is this

same problem after i updated patch

It seems when I DNS flushed and renewed my IP address through command prompt it now works!

Hacker down

Hacker down

i might agree with you. i have not experienced this thing after all.

I solved this problem after week by myself… You just need static external IP from you provider!!! Everything works fine. Thank you blizzard your support is so amazing

5 Likes

I am having the same issue. And have legally purchased copies (Again, since I used to own them but moved countries and lost them). No idea what to do. Anyone managed to solve this yet?

I never have been using any third party application (bought wc3 18 years ago), what is this mess with the last update? It’s so disappointing that you have paid your money, followed all the rules, but get continually temporarily restricted. So consumer unfriendly, Blizzard.

2 Likes

I have the same issue now. It worked fine before. How we can fix it?

2 Likes

Same issue as the rest. Is there any clear fix? or willingness from blizzard support to even look at it? Like some of the others in this thread, i have owned warcraft 3 and the expansion for nearly two decades. And still find myself in this diabolic charade, which seems to have no conclusion

1 Like

Im getting the same damn message and I haven’t downloaded a hack since i’ve bought this game when RoC came out.

Whats going on @blizzard

EDIT: Fixed the issue, as others suggested flush your Dns.

HOW TO DO THAT:

press WINDOWS KEY+R
Type “cmd” without quotes in the box.

A black command prompt will open up. type the following and then press enter
ipconfig /release

After you typed that and pressed enter, type the following and press enter again
ipconfig /renew

Viola! You should be ready to go, and war3 should allow you to connect to bnet once again.

4 Likes

Thank you. I tried another suggestion similar to yours, and it did not work.
But this worked, so thank you once again.

1 Like