Why is the refund policy revoked?

What are you talking about? This game isn’t fixed. It’s not like other games that have occasional issues. The whole concept of the game is completely ruined. You come here and say that it’s like other games, which is completely absurd. I play the game, and many in our Discord know how broken the game is. That’s why people play on WC3 Champions. BNet is a disaster, even single-player is a complete disaster. How can you even say that the game has the same problems as other games? This game is absurd for it to be from Blizzard. Stop spreading inaccurate things, as Blizzard might start to believe your words. There is no game in the world that has as many problems as WC3. No game in the world
Imagine what kind of company Blizzard is, and even small game companies don’t even have close to the same problems that Blizzard has with WC3. It’s completely absurd for such a large company to have such poor development of the game. It’s entirely absurd. So stop trying to bring false hopes to people and lies to Blizzard.

I literally said that there still issues, Sprenter. It’s right there in your quote. Have you resigned to trolling now? There can’t be any other reason.

That’s not correct. I didnt say it has the same problems as the other games, I said the other games have chronic issues too, issues that players constantly conplain about and yet linger. Yes, there are occasional issues too, but chronic ones as well. So no, its not absurd as Reforged is not “completely ruined”. It has chronic issues just like the other games.

The games was in a bad place upon release, mainly the constanct desync crashes (hence why a 3rd party client was born) making it unplayable to most, aka, game breaking issues. That’s not the case now.

You also must be new to online gaming, All companies have had games so bad that they’ve even made it into the news.

Enough Sprenter.

My friend, WC3 is definitely playable, but it can be frustrating when you get kicked from a game or when the MMR system is so flawed, Your real stats don’t reflect in the game. It claims to have the right matchmaking for solo 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, but it doesn’t. A player with 4000 MMR can be matched against a player with 5000 MMR in solo. If you’ve won more matches than lost in your first 10 matches or more, you’ll always get a good group. So don’t come here and say “Enough Sprenter” because what you’re saying is supposed to be true. It’s not true at all, and that’s what’s funny. The game is a mess; the only good thing about it is that you can play it. But everything else related to the game is terrible. So stop saying it’s like other games, that it’s normal for something to happen with the game because it’s like other games. It’s not true at all. This game has a lot of flaws. I think you should talk to people in Discord and ask them yourself. Everyone knows the game is terrible. It’s just you, Captain, and Roger who have different opinions. Think about it, you’re three against the rest. Talk to people in WC3 Gym and WC3 Champion and ask them what’s wrong with Battle.net, and you’ll get straight answers there. The game is not where it should be, so stop with the nonsense. :confused:
I have nothing against you, but it’s the truth. We can’t stand here and lie to each other and say that the game is like any other game, that it has a few problems like regular games do. Stop with that and be realistic. Because the game won’t fix itself unless everyone is on the same page. I don’t know what your motivation is, but if your motivation is to keep people in the game, you’re doing a completely wrong job. Because if admins see your claims, they might believe your words and skip taking the game as a warning to fix it immediately. I can understand if you want to say such things to encourage people to stay and play or buy the game again so we can get more players. That’s very kind of you to think that way. But if you do that, it will only work for a while. Then it won’t work anymore, and Blizzard will never fix the problem for a long time because it’s not as serious as some people say, as it’s just minor issues that all other games have. Do you understand what I’m trying to get at? Try to make the game a warning sign rather than calming the mood that there are no problems, as all games have such minor problems. Otherwise, it will just take time. It’s like when you go to the doctor. It’s better to exaggerate to get attention than to say it’s okay. Because then you’ll have to wait a long time if you say it’s okay.

Do you understand my message now? It’s better for us to be completely honest about the state of the game and try to make them realize that the game should be addressed immediately instead of saying that there are just a few issues, like all games have. Do you get it?

Instead, let’s advocate for honesty about the game’s problems and try to convince others that the game should be addressed immediately, rather than trying to dismiss the problems as minor and common. You want the game’s issues to be taken seriously, right? And you want Blizzard to act quickly to fix them? So, we can’t stand here and say such things.

I didn’t mean to come across as harsh or anything. I might have sounded a bit passive-aggressive, but I really didn’t mean it that way.

This is not how law functions, the current state of the game is inherently relevant. If you buy a product, you may expect it to function reasonably up to market standards, and no damages or incompletions to the product are presented to impair its intended use. For Reforged, that is still wildly the case.

To illustrate: I just completed a gaming session, approximately 10 games: match making so poor we won games with using only a hero, with not using a hero. Games with 170 ping, games with spikes. Joinbug into requeue, joinbug into red error message. Unexpect error occured. Games where we gain no MMR. Map vetoes didn’t work. Name of team members don’t show up in the chat. No proper mute function for people with unusual difficult names. Failed to retrieve data after the game. People who drop to 45 - 50 FPS for unclear reasons.

None of the above should be likely to happen in 10 games. Let alone all those issues in a mere 10 games.

It isn’t relevant, because if the game state is bad, you’ll find out within the refund window and no special policy is needed. This is different from the initial situation where nobody knew what the state of the game was going to be. Right now there is a an abundance of information available to inform purchase decsions, and quite frankly, as I said, I don’t think any reasonable person won’t figure out if they want a refund or not within the normal window.

The special policy was just a way of saying “we’re sorry.” to the population of the game that felt nearly universally burned.

2 Likes

again, you get 2 hours of play time before losing your ability to refund

it’s entirely possible to win the lottery and go 2 hours without experiencing the bugs that plague this game

2 hours is not a sufficient window to judge this game on

I have to agree, there is a lot broken still. They should have just renewed the graphics, not revamp the game. The game was excellent previous to the “Reforge” I’ll take the old school graphics over this. One specifically, I got my Demon Hunter to level 7 and it broke and wouldn’t let him get past level 7.

1 Like

Frankly if you go 2 hours without crashing or having intolerable framerates or whatever issue you want to complain about, chances are it isn’t going to affect you 5 minutes or another hour later.

Most of the biggest issues people discuss, you’re going to know almost immediately if they’re impacting you. The only exception to this will be ranked issues. But odds are if you’re not playing ranked, you’re playing the campaign, which is where a huge chunk of the crashing lies.

It’s not what they did (or wanted to do) that was the problem in any way, shape or form. the problem was Activision, who really just did not give a care about this project, and decided it was costing them too much money (or something. So they ghosted the original developers and cut their funding until basically there was not enough staff to do anything properly. This is well documented in postmortems and retrospectives of former dev team members. Arcitct being one of them iirc, and there are multiple videos on youtube about this.

Had the team been given the money and proper resources they needed, none of this would have happened and we would have come out with a new and improved warcraft 3 from the get go (or I’ll give them a little leeway for launch issues t hat are likely with any release and say “within a patch or two.”

1 Like

I’m sorry you’ve had these problems, but everyone’s experience is different, some people will have it worse than you, others less. That doesn’t make me “not right.”

Having a playable experience with the game is hardly “winning the lottery.” If that were true, I’d be winning the lottery just to get a queue pop from how few other people are able to play the game. Clearly i’m far from the only person who hasn’t had “400+ desyncs” or some big number of crashes during gameplay, and the number of full complete matches I’ve played online makes that clear.

You’re of course welcome to your opinions (ahem, as long as you don’t violate the code of conduct, which circumventing the curse filter certainly qualifies), but opinions are not facts. And you are only able to speak for yourself with your opinions, please don’t speak for anyone else.

As I said: If you’re going to be desyncing or crashing all the time, you’re very likely going to discover that within minutes, much less 2 hours. And if that’s not you, unless you don’t like RTS games, you can probably find $15 worth of enjoyment from the game when it’s on sale.

2 Likes

Why must you be so obtuse?

no obtusity, just don’t appreciate randos trying to simp for blizz by sweeping glaring issues under the rug

2 hour refund window is insufficient for the state that this game is in and y’all know it

what do y’all have to gain with that “nOt EvErYoNe hAs ThEsE iSsUeS” nonsense? and what is that sentiment based on? literally just look at the bug reports forum, play online games, step outside of whatever bubble you’ve managed to stay in, because the game is still a bug riddled mess

1 Like

Given how much i’ve posted here, I’m hardly a random, and frankly I’ve never even heard this term “simp” before so I don’t know what you’re talking about. If you’re talking about white knighitng, I’m hardly doing anything of the sort. Just because I’m not so furious that I react to everything with ridiculous hyperbole (i.e. “winning the lottery”), doesn’t mean that I’m in love with blizzard or I’m letting them entirely off the hook for all the stupid mistakes they made with Reforged. But I base my opinions in truth and reality, I avoid using hyperbole as much as possible and my statements are an accurate reflection of my experiences with the game. People have paid more for buggier games than even reforged is, it is up to the individual consumer to decide how much something is worth to them, and it is my opinion that most people can find at least $15 worth of enjoyment out of this game on a sale, and if they’re going to find it unplayable, my opinion is that they are very likely to discover that with plenty of time left to refund it.

This discussion is all entirely moot though, because as far as we can tell, they will still give Refunds on Reforged outside of the return window if you ask support.

literally just look at the bug reports forum, play online games,

I’ve got hundreds of hours in the game since Reforged, I exclusiively play online games, and I’m very much aware of the bugs. That doesn’t mean that nobody is going to be able to extract any joy from playing the game. Not every bug is game breaking and not everyone will have exactly the same experience. I’m very sorry you’ve apparently had the worst experience humanly possible and are unable to derive any enjoyment from the game. But some of us are, and so maybe, having stated your opinion, you should just leave it at that and let everyone else decide for themselves.

2 Likes

Aren’t you recylcing the same argument you had with me ?
“that doesn’t mean no one can extract any joy from this game” … yeah, no one said its impossible to enjoy the game either.

I see you’re going back to your old habit of piling on people who are talking about an issue only to just say “well, its fun for me :D” iz nice :D" iz dont have problem :D"

Most of these forums aren’t for people who “dont have a problem”, its for those that “do have a problem”, to communicate to blizzard their problems, and please dont pull the whole “i’m correcting peoples misinformation” because that’s only half of what you’re up to, not the other, more ugly half.

I enjoy an unfinished, poorly balanced and kinda broken RTS game made in 2006 by Big Huge Games, that doesn’t make it good, its just me. and i accept that.

Part of what makes Reforged bugs, glitches, ping problems and issues tragic is that its chaotic. people still have problems with things like map save corrupting all your imports but its glossed aside because its not relevant enough and it doesn’t happen to “Literally Everyone”

In the end, its death by a thousand cuts. And some people are masochist enough to follow through all the 999 cuts before it gets to the thousand mark.

2 Likes

I recently stopped playing the game due to what they have done with it and their failure to fix the game at all. So I believe you are mistaken in thinking the game has something to offer. It might have something to offer momentarily, but it doesn’t have much to offer in the long run. I have completely stopped playing on Battle.net. There’s nothing to gain there. I only play on WC3 Champions.

Actually quite a few people have said stuff along their lines, and quite a few more have had such harsh words including lots of masked explitives and demanding that they simply undo everything because it is THAT BAD.

Just like you are saying “no one said its impossible to enjoy the game,” I never said that I am 100% content and happy either. But quite a few people here are framing me as some kind of white knight that has no problems and can find no faults with the game.

Forums are for discussion. While some might argue that forums exist to complain (which is partially true), it is not a rule that you’re only allowed to complain, people that are happy have every right to say so, people who aren’t crashing every ten seconds have a right to say so. (And incidentally, “happy” is too strong of a word. I am able to enjoy the game, but that doesn’t itself mean that I am “happy.”)

And I’ve explained dozens of times that it is just important for a dev team to know who has a given issue as it is for them to know the issue exists at all. If I say “I can’t replicate this bug” that is NOT a statement that the bug does not exist. It is valuable information for a developer in helping them locate the potential causes of problems.

2 Likes

At this point you should start saving up screenshots of people who said you’re not allowed to enjoy the game and send them to me on discord. cuz its getting harder and harder to believe the stronger you push down on this.

In my opinion everyone should drop the following talking points:

“he’s saying its impossible to enjoy the game”
“he’s trying to cover all everything and shill”
“I never said that”

Because all 3 of them are wrong in a never ending cycle. The last one i often see misused to deflect a claim that they weren’t accused of. Though having good faith conversations is hard diz dayz :frowning:

No its not a written rule its just common sense, if you want to go around on most threads people make and you post there something that says “well, I i dont have this issue i can’t see the problem” :face_with_monocle:… Expect to get flack from people, Ive been helping folks find bugs and stress test the game on a more deeper level so why doesn’t anyone call me a shill but they do it to you ? we’re trying to do the same thing, so whats going wrong ? thats because when someone is discussing a problem i try to focus on the problem they’re having and see where everything goes from there. This allows for effort and attention to be focused more on getting to the bottom of what they said and less about cat and mouse fighting on whether or not who has it or doesn’t and “oh no uz shill or uz hater and bla bla bla” :zzz:

And whether or not you’re deep down inside happy or unhappy can’t be detected through text or voice tone nor does it really matter.

But that’s just my own method, i found that we get to the bottom of the things faster that way, you can have your own method, but i hope you get the core of the idea.

Click the arrow to expand/read some of my deeper thoughts on this subject.

Sadly, There does exist a problem where if Blizzard dev team reads that some people are having an issue, but others dont, they ignore it and say "its probably just a user end issue".

Me and you might be able to detect that a problem exists and should be addressed and that it doesn’t happen for everyone, but the “politics” … if you can even call it that, of how bugs and fixes are addressed and dealt with on the higher level makes it so us having debates and weird frictions among eachother is just going to end up in inaction on a higher level.

This is NOT how it should be, technically, blizzard devs or people who do QA shouldn’t act this way, but they do, not all the time but they do. So atleast from my perspective, a way to solve this issue that doesn’t involve us realizing we’re powerless to change the company at large is to just let people who have problems highlight them and let Blizzard figure it out by themselves, that way we might actually get them to look into it.

Not necessarily. It might be a known problem but resources (AKA the cash) are not available to fix it or the technical know-how might not be present in-house.

Probably a mix of all 3 tbh.

Exactly!
I’ve told him the same thing. I’m trying to make him understand that he’s currently doing harm by saying what he says. I’ve told him this maybe 4-5 times now, but he refuses to listen to me. Thank goodness someone else is saying it.
When I try to bring up my problems or other issues and others say they don’t have those problems, Blizzard will be less likely to act, Captainjack. Honestly, we’ve already been through this, so please take it into consideration now. It would be really kind if we could get this game back on track. But with your posts, it will be very difficult to bring about change. You’ve done this on at least 1000 topics, probably. Please, stop it because I love this game, and now I’ve quit because of all the problems. Please my friend ^^