Who wants Reforged to be delayed?!

The game needs to be as it was presented and promised at Blizzcon2018. I loved how the game looked in The Culling demo

2 Likes

So where is the reimagined gameplay you are talking about?

Please show, my IQ is too low to see new gameplay anywhere.

1 Like

This is what happens when you make a marketing move and dumb people interpret everything they read to the extreme.

One of the first things the dev team said last year, was that both classic and reforged will be cross compatible and playable together through one single client. That’s a priority to them, to preserve the player base and also bring new people in with reforged. That means you cannot change how the game is fundamentally designed because it wouldn’t work both ways. I’m glad blizzard doesn’t listen to you, because you have no idea what you’re talking about. In fact im going to tell you for the last time, what you want: Warcraft IV (which is fine, I want a new warcraft RTS too) but you’re just completely delusional and have an unjustified anger in you.

5 Likes

You can’t lie in the marketing, you don’t even know how to marketing work.
I’m not glad the blizzard hear the purist people like you, that’s the reason of ALL of madness in the forum right now, you don’t even able to understand the point, warcraft IV include tons of new lore, im never talked about lore.
There is a stupid decision to make the game compatible, because the baby’s cry about his old game.

1 Like

I do think this would be a good change. The selection limit is dumb.

No.

This game clearly isn’t for you. There is the door.

Upkeep is a comeback mechanic because it means if your whole army gets wiped then you receive more income to build it back. Go play Starcraft 2.

This isn’t actually an option.

I do hope you are joking about all of this. By complete re-imagining Blizzard was speaking about the single player campaign including all of the models and artwork. They have already spoken on the subject multiple times regarding the fact that the game will be compatible with WC3 Classic as well as compatibility for WC3 Classic map to be ran on WC3 reforged and vise versa.

You can see HERE they had to upgrade and continue upgrading the old school client so that it could be used in conjunction with the new Warcraft III Reforged client in multiplayer / ladder games.

Modifying any base game functions such as upkeep, max unit selection, or etc would change the base game which would have one of two results:

1. Now WC3 Reforged players get an advantage over WC3 Classic Players
  2. They will modify the original WC3 Classic experience changing that game as well.

Both situations are not good situations to be in since they have already stated that their primary goal is not to make a new game, but create an updated experience with a Completely Re-imagined campaign, new models, and compatibility with WC3 Classic.

A bit run on, but I personally don’t enjoy the selection cap and how upkeep works and you don’t see me crying about changes needing to be made. These are the things that make the game how it is, how it functions, and the primary separating details between WC3 and SC2. So no… even though I don’t like the Upkeep and the selection cap limiting to 12 I also feel like it should not change. Because these are the things that make Warcraft 3 well… Warcraft 3.

4 Likes

Dude they also talk about Ray tracing and im not seeying a single potato-purist talking about that.
Im talking about graphics and gameplay ( i don’t like click in the same place 10 times because my orc don’t wanna move ), but you never said oh man you are right, they talk about ray tracing wich can improve a lot the shadow reflecion etc.
Also, the new UI wich the potato-purist doesn’t like is a part of the new game.
‘’ An Upgraded Experience

Challenge opponents with modern multiplayer matchmaking, search for custom game lobbies, and connect with friends through the Blizzard Battle net app. With updated UI and countless quality of life improvements, it’s never been easier to get into Warcraft III. ‘’

Basically you are describe a remastered not a remake, just check crash vandicoot or resident evil, these remake change the engine/or improve a lot the old one and that’s the reason for be a REMAKE.
A remake don’t include lore, just the same but better, nothing about campaign or wc3 classic compatibility.

1- They originally planned more changes to the campaign, and some changes that include melee like adding skins and new voices. However, graphics =/= gameplay. Gameplay is how the game plays, graphics is how the game looks. The gameplay was never going change

2- At 2019 Blizzcon we find out they are choosing to stick closer to Warcraft 3 original voices and campaign. They are not changing or adding lore in a big way. Campaign terrain is changing and we might see some cameo characters, but no changed voice acting or more Sylvanas/Jaina story like they originally planned in 2018.

3- User Interface is changing to support widescreen. Icons have all been updated too. There might be hotkey change support too. Overall the UI is still works the same, and will not be adding anything that is not also being pushed back into original WC3. These are not gameplay reimagining changes.

So yes, the graphics and campaign are still being reimagined, but just less than 2018 demo. No, gameplay was never planned to change. So it is a remake of campaign and graphics, remaster of voices and gameplay.

2 Likes

Exactly, what part of this screams “Hey we are gonna change the gameplay and go back on the fact that we were going to support backwards compatibility with WC3 Classic!”? Answer: No where.

The link I previously linked to does indeed speak about the upgrades not only in regards to the modernized match making, game lobbies, and countless other improvements to the base engine. Certain areas of the game will be different from WC3 classic such as the BNET integration, the updated UI, and the story mode being remastered. This is not going to be the same game from a standard view, it will be different, but it’s core functionality is what keeps it as the original game therefor allowing for the support to play with WC3 Classic players in a competitive environment.

''So yes, the graphics and campaign are still being reimagined, but just less than 2018 demo. ‘’
Yeah and that is the reason of the madness in the forum, the people don’t wanna DOWNGRADE because a few nostalgic people can’t run the new wc3 in max setting.

Also the interview of WH
‘’ WH: So, a question about gameplay; you said a thing about laser focus on recreating Warcraft 3 experience, but we’ve had a lot of improvements in StarCraft, like select all units, that weren’t in Warcraft 3. Will those make an appearance in reforged or?

MS: I think those are going to be the kinds of things that we’re going to have a lot of dialogue on, because as we saw in StarCraft Remastered, a lot of it was "this is what makes the game great, this is how it is, we accept it, it works, don’t break it, it’s the same, don’t break it. " And so with WC3, we’ve already reached out a bit to the high-level players, who’ve been playing all this time. They’re receptive to balance changes. That’s different from full-on gameplay, so it’s still up in the air. ‘’

basically they are THINKING about change the gameplay, is not final the decision to make the same gameplay as wc3.

basically you write what you want.

wc3 frozen throne is dead, there is no competitive environment, even sc1 remastered which HAVE competitive environment have a forum. There are only a few guys can live about wc3, sc1 still is a lot bigger than that dead game.
Everyone is playing the reforged and not frozen throne accept it.

1 Like

I see you keep quoting stuff from the marketing website.

Quote me where does it say that they will change pathing, upkeep and such? Things that actually made the game unique.

And don’t reply with your “COMPLETE REIMAGINING” which is your idiotic interpretation excuse for a remake. They said it’s built in the same engine for crying out loud. You think that will change pathing? You deserve to pay the stupid tax. Because you must have flying horses in your head or something by thinking this was ever intended to be a totally different game.

Is a website not a economic website little thing.
The game in 2018 was better and majority agree with that but the potato toxic team ruins everything.

2 Likes

Any changes to WC3 Reforged will also be required to make to WC3 Classic. That is why they are having a lot of dialogue on this subject with high level players. They don’t want to make any changes that either change it beyond what WC3 represents, but they also want to make sure that these changes would work well with WC3 Classic as well because they have been making changes to the core engine to support playing with WC3 Reforged.

So yes, these changes may happen, but these changes that you guys are speaking about won’t require any delays and won’t be chosen by us. THOSE changes are being made by those who know the game inside and out. Those who have played WC3 for a long time and care deeply about the game. And yes they state they will take our opinion into consideration, but this is one of those times when I wish they will keep to the professionals and deep dives into the pros and cons of these changes rather than blindly following the mass’ decision on the subject.

Any changes like these will not just affect WC3 Reforged, but also WC3 Classic.

And? is possible change both, now you have 1 iq more, thank me later.

That is the issue. You guys are talking about changing WC3 Reforged, but the changes you are talking about will change WC3 Classic as well. In that sense I am 100% a purist. I don’t think they should modify a pre-existing classic such as WC3 in such a way. I still play WC3 instead of SC2 because those limitations make it more interesting in terms of what can be done and the strategies that can take place.

You really wish to argue all day with reforged Bonnie and Clyde? :joy:

ON: I would like if they delay the game to make atleast what they announced last year.

Marketing means the way they are advertising their game. With words, that some very intelligent people interpret the wrong way and then go on a rampage on the forums.

Oh yeah? And how do you change both? JUST go back to the old engine from 2002 and JUST draw things like textures to fit the new ones on reforged? Go back and change the pathing in Classic ? That wouldn’t be Classic anymore would it? Man you must be such a good game dev, why don’t you start your own business in the industry?

Nope, stop be a lier.
The strategies and what you can do is limited by the old engine, in sc2 you can do a lot of crazy stuff that in warcraft 3 is IMPOSSIBLE.
The only reason for like it, is because you are very bad player and your micro is very bad, so your opponent can just in front of your face and just dance.
Wc3 is more SLOW and the micro cap is very low due to the limitation of gameplay.

Why are you talk about textures? we are talk about gameplay, not graphics.
I know why you can’t understand what they mean in the website, basically they sell a remake as remastered and you are ok with that, lol.

My biggest complaint with reforged is to get 100% unit distinction in normal zoomed out mode. Color contrasts & saturation, unit sizing, terrain adjustments, ally colors, ect.

Feel a bit too much emphasis has gone into zoomed in mode for campaign peeps (looks amazing), and not quite enough attention has been put into how the game is normally played. Delayed or not…I just hope Bliz acknowledges that unit distinction is in need of improvement.