We must stop insulting developers

Wait wait sikkun, I am not talking about owning a digital copy or a physical one.
The cd key IS in the installation. You don’t need it “physically”.
It was encoded in the mpq :slight_smile:
That’s how bnet sees that your copy of the game is original.
Then, one day, blizzard decides that you have to reenter it.
Authentication protocol are already sound.
There was no reason whatsoever to ask for the key again when you are already authenticated.
That was just basically lame.

1 Like

I think they are overpaid and Blizzard should even pay them less. How the F can some people i create a private ladder in their freetime and not getting paid a cent for that? This is a feature that the old game had. from 2003. Now it is 7 month after realease. Btw the name of the private ladder is “w3champions” -But i guess Blizzard employees are too underpaid to use google or reddit.

2 Likes

underpaid employees is the new lie they are pushing? lol

its funny how its always the same group of people complaining about how they cant enjoy the game, so instead they spend all their time on this forum. Its kinda sad really, I mean over the past year I’ve had my share of arguments and complaints, but not always, a lot of times I do actually try to help people on this forum, and at least I can still go enjoy the game

Does it bother my that WC3 isnt perfect? OF course, do I wish it was better? OF course

but this entire thread is just full of pathetic soul crushing negativity, and everyone involved in this discussion should take a look in the mirror and say “everything will be ok if I just get some fresh air”

Do you think you are changing the world with these discussions?

your thing is not to help yours is to impose what you say is the solution.
help would be. “See how to get the old version.”
yours is “if you don’t have the old version it’s your fault”.

People like you who cannot see beyond their point of view is what generates this aura of discomfort.

Do you like how the game is? have fun. There are others that the game does not work so well for them or there is a bad game aura that does not let them enjoy the game.

ps: if they are the same who complain. what were you expecting new players? None of my friends will touch the game with a stick.

1 Like

maybe if you knew how to read and search the internet, you would already know this stuff…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/playing-wc3-classic-without-updating-to-reforged/

When you complain about something AND you are also wrong about the thing you are complaining about, its very obvious that you just lack knowledge due to not reading and researching the topic at hand

actually, what I said was…

Maybe next time you can create a post asking for help setting up old versions, instead of debating about this stupid conversation

I already did, they erased it. it was really a complaint.

but to the subject. if I know how to get the classic version. That is not what I want.

but going back to the publication, it is on another topic that has nothing to do with the classic. nor does it have to do with developers liking you.

it’s just that Blizzard seems to hate the game. if we insult the developers we are only going to ensure that the game is never corrected.

So basically what you just said is, you will never be able to enjoy the game and therefor you will never stop complaining… cool

does this thread accomplish your goal? whether we “target” blizzard or activision or pete stilwell or bobby kotick, IT DOESNT MATTER

what DOES need to happen is people need to create POSITIVE threads making SUGGESTIONS on how to IMPROVE the game without mentioning the devs

I have attempted this dozens of times, I literally have dozens of posts from last year that are all positive and attempting to suggest actual improvements to the game

too bad they were all ignored because the majority of people on THIS PARTICULAR FORUM do not care… if you want to find people who actually understand and appreciate the game, then you have to go to other chat servers like reddit or discord, cuz the real players dont hang out on this forum

and Blizzard probably knows that cuz they actually do talk on the other chat servers, unlike here

this forum is literally mostly used by single player casuals, and rarely do the pros or hardcore map makers visit here, and the single player community is the least cared about

you can pretend im wrong, but this is just the way that it is, and it wont change anytime soon

Are you at the time we talked about whether the nagas would be there? what good times.

I still had a couple of poaitvos comments I assume that “I achieved something” really the forum is not going to achieve much.

I personally came to the game for three things. play the Reforged Campaign, make custom campaigns and play them and use the skins in VS games.

When one of those three things is accomplished I will enjoy the game.

huh? I dont understand…

I played the Reforged campaign 6 months ago

I am currently making my own custom campaign using the current/new version of the map editor (right now)

and I have used skins in VS games, but I hated them cuz they ugly and pointless so I shut them off

Whats stopping you from enjoying this stuff? Thats what I dont understand

I’m going to assume you’re being sarcastic to me and pass on your answer.

can I ask what your native language is?

No i was not being sarcastic

I can understand you complain against random complainers.
But consider also that there are constructive complains, even with solutions, that the so called development team completely ignores.
I never ever complained once about any Blizzard game. Even now with Diablo 3 I simply asked if there was a way to increase the difficulty from the beginning and after some flaming form wannabepros I had to find the solution myself. It was not a complain anyway, it was just something like “hey I d like to enjoy the story with a bit more of challenge”.
Whenever I contacted Blizzard they always replied with and I was able to solve the problem.
Now, there is a huge difference in how they reply (well they don’t even do it) and what they do.
So, if to many constructive threads the only answers you got after 7 months are still “ye ye footprints” “ye ye this is the elo hell” it just feels we went back to the only stubborn answer blizzard gave to many many people (me included) years ago.
“Can you make DotA a standard map?”
“We do not support custom maps” ← typical bot answer and see what happened then…

So I agree with you, if people say “this game *****” is useless.
If people say “can you please fix it this way?” they should be grateful that there are still people willing to fix what they broke.

2 Likes

Wow Tutan you give Winter a like but you call me sarcastic? Wtf

theres something really wrong about the way you couldnt answer my previous question

1 Like

Tutan sometimes seems a little off. I mean he made this topic about how we should stop insulting developers but then lkes this post

On topic though, having people come to any sort of agreement with stuff regarding WC3 seems pretty damn hard imo. I think some of stems from the fact that this game is almost 20 years old, and a lot of people still seem to think we live in the year 2000 when it comes to the arguments they make.

“Just let us play the old version”

Like what game in this day and age, let alone company does that? Just gives you the ability to play previous patches?

When it comes to threads though, I don’t really blame people for hating. When you’ve spent 7 months giving feedback, hell there’s still bugs that were in beta from September last year, and you get no response from the company outside of copy pasted PR once a month or so, it can seem really pointless.

Why bother writing up a 10 paragraph thread about fixes when you know just saying “you dumb do better” will illicit the same response in the end? Maybe the CM who reads the thread might feel better, but you as an end user? Feels like you wasted your time.

I’ve played other games that have run into the same problem, where you just continuously got a lot of negative, non constructive posts, and people were always asking, why don’t you give actual advice, and the problem was the same there as it is here, when you write threads telling them to what to fix, and the same problems appear month after month, asking people to continue to waste their time giving advice to a company that should already know what to fix, is imo, asking too much.

If Blizzard really wants constructive criticism, then they need to extend the olive branch. They need to communicate, they need to show they are listening.

3 Likes

Yes we should. stop with the unhelpful whining and insulting. But it s ok to criticize them as long as it is constructive at its core.
The fact that people are upset means that people care.
Blizzard should understand that fact and act accordingly. They can turn this around and even profit as long as people care. And people still care. Did I say that we care? We do.

3 Likes

I usually put a like to wc3tutor posts… even when they are sarcastic^^
(wait, which part was sarcastic? oO)

Then there’s also the games that have physical copies that don’t even have the actual game, just the downloading software or maybe the original version of the game’s launcher.

Even consoles have that problem where they have to download the software after putting the disc in. Which I find to be a bunch of bull.

But places like GOG are at least making sure physical copies of the installation stuff can be made. GOG’s good like that.

Plenty of games on GOG have inbuilt patch rollback support.

Think he meant the part where he said he can’t play custom campaigns.

1 Like

You guys seriously didn’t see the announcement that you were going to campaign with the updated lore? Or that you were going to be able to use the skins of the Campaign characters in the games?

1 Like