We must stop insulting developers

I assume that no one is actually insulting the developers but rather insulting the company. But it is good to have a reminder here that they were also cheated.

I don’t know if they notice. But I think the Ceo took its full “W3R development value” offsets.

15 Likes

is this really a matter of finances?

fans have made an entire custom server with ranks for a proper ladder experience

fans have made mods improving the graphics, lighting, and visual clarity

fans are also working on completely redoing the campaign

those 3 things were all done for free by players in their own time because they love the game, and it proves the work Blizzard put into WC3 was worse than half-assed, it was a disgrace.

The lies on top of lies, the obviously failed attempt at an apology, the amount of REMOVED content and lost features, the deletion of old profiles, the broken campaign, the list goes on and on… and you want to say that its all just cause of the fact that Blizzard is underfunded??

not to mention all the work SC2 has received including WC3 units and features in the SC2 map editor

26 Likes

You would be wrong. The state of this game 7 mo post release is unforgivable. I would be embarrassed to be associated with this project.

13 Likes

And those are all company mistakes. Furthermore, we cannot play Classic W3 because the company does not let them give us that option.

Well they are insulting themselves by cuddling them for putting their names on the credits. That makes it clear to us that they did not endorse themselves or their careers.
But it is not who we have to throw away our hatred.

So to speak. It is not the fault of the kind of map development that they only let he make 2 maps.

6 Likes

Does the interface designer counts as “company” or “developer”?^^

well, fans can work on a side project while earning money doing another job.
when you have to work on something and you don’t get payed you don’t really have that high motivation^^
Anyway, if you notice, small bugs here and there are corrected each patch.
Design flaws are still there since January.

7 Likes

Not only that. When I start campaigning, I will carry out the campaign that I want with the level of detail that I want and the limitations that I want.

While these guys have to suffer from things like “the league system has to be global” from above.

1 Like

you must not be very computer-savvy… first of all the “Classic” mode is included with Reforged, but more importantly, the ORIGINAL game is still playable… nobody took the original game away in fact I still own multiple copies of the original CDs and they all work just fine

Personally, I have 3 copies of WC3 installed on my main computer (and thats not including my other computers)… the 3 versions of the game that I run are the original on Patch 1.26, then a version on patch 1.29 (with Rebirth mod), and then Reforged on patch 1.32

I can even play the older patches online using servers like Garena or Ente (for custom games)

its not that difficulty to maintain original versions on older patches, unless you just dont know how to use computers very well :frowning: but I mean, theres many guides and tutorials explaining how to do this if you just search for them

and Im so sick of hearing people say “We shouldnt have to do all that, cause I just want Blizzard to fix the default game” well guess what? Its never gonna happen, so at least we have these alternate options available :slight_smile: its just your choice whether you take advantage of them or not

1 Like

The issue is that if I create a campaign in which version do I have to do it?

so you probably already realize that Reforged is currently lacking custom campaigns, right? I assume thats what you are talking about when you say “create a campaign” right? you’re not very detailed but… Blizzard said Custom Campaigns will return in a future patch soon (hopefully)

if you are that in need of custom campaigns and you already know that Reforged doesnt have them, then why have you not tried running an older version of the game? Any version of the original game will work with custom campaigns… I mean I dont know what campaign you are trying to play but, I assume it would run just fine on either patch 1.26 or 1.29

I dont play custom campaigns cuz I like playing with other people, online. So I cant really give you much help with setting up custom campaigns… all I know is that its very easy to setup an older version of the game on an older patch, and then you can play your custom campaigns just as you normally did before

Many people are using older patches for this exact reason… why have you not even tried looking into this? Why are you going around saying “dey took our game away” without even considering the possibility of downloading an older version?? lol, like I said theres guides and tutorials on this all over the place if you just look, I know you are on this forum enough hours in a day to have seen the various posts about this before

Well then
A I have to go to the Piracy.
B I’m stuck with campaigning on an old patch that may not be compatible with the new one so I don’t know if people will be able to play it.

1 Like

its not piracy if its something you previously purchased, do you not still have your original CD keys?

first of all, nobody can play custom campaigns on Reforged so, you have to use an older patch currently. Right?

secondly, if Reforged does get Custom Campaigns, then you will be able to transfer your campaign from the original version to Reforged without issues, understand?

finally, if you make your campaign on patch 1.26 (which is the most commonly used for custom games) then its automatically compatible with all later patches, how do you not know this? have you made custom campaigns before? you must have played some prior to Reforged right? I cant believe its 8 months since Reforged and you havent even looked into any this information?? WHY

Maybe I do not give priority to my life to see how the patches of something I buy continue. One expects them to work and now?
And I don’t have the CD Keys or the CDs. where do i download them from? Magic?

In passing, why do you assume that what they say about being able to go to the reforged is true? It wasn’t true with custom mapos as far as I know.

1 Like

did you ever own them? if you lost them, then whos fault is that? not sure why you are being sarcastic by suggesting “magic” Im only offering you help and giving you the knowledge you clearly lack

you are the one on this forum with 700 posts and your complaining about the original version of the game being “taken away” or not allowed to be played… like cmon you cant have 700 posts on this forum and then try and act like you are too busy to read up on the information instead of complaining about it… like thats the point here, either you can sit around complaining or you can learn how to fix the problem for yourself… the choice is yours

not exactly sure what that means? are you asking why do I trust that Blizzard will put custom campaigns back in Reforged? Personally, I dont care cause like I said I dont play single player modes. But does it matter? If you can have access to both the original version on patch 1.26 and also Reforged on 1.32 (at the same time, like I do) then you have both and it doesnt matter

Look Ive given you everything yo need to know, either you can go look into this for yourself by searching around the forums or google, or you can ignore me and forget all about this and go back to complaining… your choice

you type very strangely, do you use a translator or something?

I already said…

To be honest, limiting the use of a game to computer scientists doesn’t really seem the way to go^^

you are right, but I guess he is also referring to battlenet service.

are you sure the old garena is still on? Didn’t they shut it down? There were hundreds of people playing with pirated copies back then.

Here you are wrong.
I buy WC3, I install WC3, I move on for 20 years in my life. Not one day, not 1 month, 20 years.
I got this computer where I got this backup copy, that I move here and there. I’m fine with that.
After 20 years, Blizzard comes to me and says “if you don’t register your copy online with your CD key you cannot play anymore.”
after 20 years.
really.
I was 2k km and 2 relocations away from my cd keys.
Do you realize how stupid it sounds?
The kids they bought the games 20 years ago have a family now and you still think you are dealing with a bunch of kids that smuggle your keys here and there to steal your precious game…
come on…
So, I don’t think it is his fault…

3 Likes

way to make a whole bunch of excuses instead of just owning up to the mistake of losing something o.O

not sure what your point is, I dont agree with you no matter how many excuses you give. If I lose something, I have nobody to blame but myself. It doesnt matter how many years go by or what happens in your life. Thats just how reality works. Its no different from trying to tell your teacher that your dog ate your homework.

If you had an autographed rookie card of Babe Ruth, you cant go to a pawn shop and try to sell it after you lost it. But I held onto my CDs along with the keys, so I still get to play them. However, I have lost some games over the years throughout my life, and guess what? I dont get to play them anymore unless I have a backup copy DUH!

if you think following a basic guide for installing older patches of a game requires a degree in science or engineering, then maybe you should complete highschool. Its the year 2020, computers are very common knowledge, especially if your dealing with a 20 year old game. Its not complicated

why are you trying to talk for somebody else without understanding the conversation? He was specifically talking about custom campaign, which is SINGLE PLAYER ONLY… if he was talking about ONLINE BATTLENET then he would have said CUSTOM MAPS which are not the same thing because Custom Maps work fine but Custom Campaigns dont.

Please… dont try to butt into a conversation you wernt a part of without actually understanding the conversation first.

So, without reading the whole topic, whats the tdlr? Where are we at? What did we achieve by talking about how we should be nicer? Did that make us meaner or nicer? Did the devs do more work?

1 Like

if the boss doesn’t pay them and the community insults them. Why would they work on the game?

I’m not saying we ignore mistakes (like the tutor does). But we channel the attacks on Blizzard

I did not say “ignore the issues” I explained solutions rto fixing your problems… but apparently you prefer to just complain lol

I want to see your teacher coming to your house after 20 years and ask for your homework. When you say you lost it, you lose your diploma, your job and everything unless you do it again. That’s your example. Probably it doesn’t apply very well…

Now, if we want to take a moment and think about the fact that there could have been 100.000 ways to register the game online from a previous installation…
like you know… you connect to bnet with the old client… so you are authenticated… then there is a button to associate your user with the cd-key that has been already authenticated… since successfully connecting to battlenet implies that you hold a valid cd-key… click ok… done…
you know, like they did for associating the old account with the new battlenet… that never really worked… but nvm…
you know, just for thinking about one that doesn’t involve to go to look for a cd cover that you didn’t see for the last 10 years.

I’m glad you got a degree in computer science or engineering, but not everyone buying a game should be forced to follow some external guide in order to play, but I’m ignorant with computers, so I just see it from the point of view of the average user it seems…

I’m just curious why among all the rants about this game that many people do including me, you, tutancadead and more, you find perfectly acceptable to deny the access to a game to someone that previously owned it and didn’t lose the software or the right play it. He just lost his physical copy of the cd key.
Was it in 2008 that Blizzard said "there is no need anymore to have your cd running in order to play the game?

I guess we all have an installed and maybe backup copy of WC3, problem is that maybe not everyone knows how to extract the key from the game files…
Well, whatever, need to finish my highschool first^^

5 Likes

if theres something you need help with, you could just politely ask somebody for help… I mean I have wasted countless hours just arguing with you (and others) that it is possible to solve the problems you are experiencing, if you could just explain what exactly it is you want/need and then doing some reading… its not that difficult