We must stop insulting developers

Ooo oOO so aggressive so bad OoOoOoO my feelings hurt u got me good!! OoOoOOo

ok ESL

guys ffs come on… your are not 15 anymore (I guess, unless you started playing WC3 when you were 1…^^)

1 Like

It’s like a time machine. You get taken back to when you were 15 and get to relive those moments…

…But The Future Refused To Change…
Lavos screech

1 Like

This is just a classic “mode” within the Reforged Client. It’s just classic graphics and campaign which isn’t even truly classic because there’s still some differences. Not to mention all the other differences like the UI, missing features, battle.net and increased system requirements. In a broader sense this is not classic.

The two words are basically interchangeable when talking about different game versions. The classic game refers to the original game and client, before patch 1.32. You could even argue that anything past 1.26 is not classic/original.

They haven’t released “ranked” ladder yet. I think what he means here though is why couldn’t they have just kept in place the old ranked ladder system? Even to update it, you don’t need to rip out the old one before the new one is ready. Just work on the new one while keeping the old one in place. Same thing for Clans and Custom Campaigns. While Custom Campaigns can be played as individual maps in order, hero experience and items won’t carry over for campaigns where that is possible. Unless you’re willing to edit the map so that your heroes start with everything from last the last map, that is. But you shouldn’t have to do that.

Also going a step further, he suggested the potential solution of allowing players to switch to the classic client until Reforged is completely ready and fixed. Because even if you are willing to install an older version and not update it, you cannot play on the official and legal battle.net so it’s not the same. And regardless of how easy it is to learn, connecting to unofficial (and less known) servers is another technical and legally dubious hurdle that many people won’t do. It’d be far more accessible if Blizzard still supported the old client. Yes it might be weird to have two different official battle.nets (unless they forced everyone to use the old client in the meantime, that is), but really they shouldn’t have released the Reforged Client until all the missing features were implemented.

This is what unions are for. But if that wouldn’t work and they would all just be fired and replaced, then maybe they should just find a new job or at least a cheaper place to live. Isn’t the trend to do jobs remotely now anyway? So you can even move away to a cheaper place and potentially keep the same job. If everyone wanting the job had that mindset, sooner or later they’d have to offer higher salaries.

Duh

Hey look you just explained what happens to people who try to unionize in the US.

All of this is explained if anyone actually bothered to read into this issue at all. The area tech companies are located is expensive. Blizzard pays far below the industry rate. Employees rent together, give each other lifts, skip meals to be able to afford things.

This has been going on for years, it’s not a bunch of people that were just too lazy to look in the local paper for new cheaper rental.

The trend? Like I can just call my boss and tell them tomorrow I’m not coming into work cause the current trend is to work from home? What is this nonsense?

Or they’d just outsource.

It’s all just so simple.

I admit I do LOVE how outlandish it is to people for a bunch of employees who are underpaid to come together and ask for a raise and instead should just quit on the spot, upend their lives, move with all the savings they don’t have IN THE MIDDLE OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

Iirc Blizzard said that they updated SC II Editor so you can do there your custom campaigns. But please do not quote me because I am not complete sure on that one.

What I am sure on is, that it is not giving a good light on the developers if one fan can create a working matchmaker while they still need 6 Months and that you still can for Custom Campaigns download the game here:

why did you feel a need to explain this? And why did you quote me? I dont need these things explained to me because I already understand such basic concepts

holy crap are you seriously? First of all you basically repeated exactly what I said, but it is absolutely wrong to say that classic and original are interchangeable… no, they are not the same because there is a clear difference between the 2 (as you explained)

AGAIN why are you repeating all this unnecessary crap? this is ridiculous

there is a reason to distinguish between classic and original, for many reasons, and if you dont understand that then you shouldnt be arguing about this

Obviously you dont know everything, so thank you for proving your lacking of knowledge on this subject, cause technically there is a ranked ladder :slight_smile: its called w3champions and it works great, even in classic… but it does not work on the original client

Thanks for trying though… better luck next time

Quoted!^^

*don’t
*can’t
*English
“, and”
“.”

Sorry tutor my evil part kicked in^^
Anyway, you are taking these stuff way too seriously^^ Stop being so angry!^^
The lack of information is what reforged is based on.

im annoyed because somebody just told me how I was wrong for making a distinction between classic and original, then they went on to say how classic and original are “interchangeable” as if they mean the same thing

so when somebody who doesnt speak english as their primary language is trying to understand these things, it only makes it more confusing when people are unable to clarify what they mean, and by claiming that classic and original are the same, it only makes the confusion worse

can we agree that its just easier and common sense to make a distinction between the original client versus the new client on classic graphics? why does it need to be more confusing then it already is??

is the lack of apostrophes impossible to read? cmon i know how to write, i aced english in college, but im not being graded here and you can still read what im saying

I agree on what you are saying, I was just joking, but the problem is that this confusion has been generated by how the game has been presented, the lack of communication, the hostility of the interface and so on. So now even a distinction between “I can’t play classic” as “There is something wrong with reforged and it does not allow me to choose the old graphic” and “I can’t play ‘original’” as “I cannot find my cd anymore and Blizzard removed the client from their site” …and also “I can’t access the old battlenet with the old stuff anymore” (consider that many people don’t really distinguish client and server side, for them it’s just “the game”).

That is basically the reason I have refunded. I bought the game when they announced it. Waited 1 year. Downloaded the client. Installed it. Started the game. (Beside the bugs) I could only see the old graphics. After a couple of times I saw that totally out-of-context button to switch to reforged. Switched it. Received a message “you must buy reforged if you want to play bla bla bla”. Restarted. Tried again. Reinstalled. Tried again. Contacted Blizzard. No answer. Waited. No explanation. Felt scammed (first time with Blizzard games). Refunded.

the commands for hosting custom games are still obscure for many people…^^

lucky you^^

exactly, well said. its true that all is very confusing.

I just think those of us who use this forum on a regular basis should be capable of coming together on such a basic necessity of communication, and not have to argue about why the original game on patch 1.26 is not called classic, i think that is only making things worse

its also true for how the devs have used the terms “Standard Definition” and “High Definition” when referring to Classic and Reforged graphics. In the map editor there is an option to select “SD graphics” or “HD Graphics” and that is actually very incorrect terminology, and I cant believe the devs used those terms. Standard Definition refers to a resolution of 480p in letterbox (4:3) instead of widescreen. But the game does not run in standard definition, ever. And in fact the game can run in 4k even when using the Classic graphics… so that right there actually upsets me very much that the actual freaking devs used such incorrect terminology

its like they are intentionally stupefying the game and its community

1 Like

exactly…
or just “not caring at all”…

The truth. These Blizzard employees cannot find a job elsewhere. The take revenge by making poor products to sabotage and the result is a terrible game experience for us fans.

Sure, “Poor developers” is true.
But it doesn’t matter really. W3R is garbage, people were literally scammed off of 40€. The game is practically the same as it was when it launched 7 months ago, with absolutely trivial changes like “spell looks a bit darker” or… rebalancing 1-2 units per patch in mostly… bad ways?

Point is; The developers aren’t putting any effort into this whatsoever. Do the people who bring us these updates really deserve their proper pay? Not in my eyes. Acti-blizz sucks, but the few (1-2) devs (interns) working on W3R actually deserve any hate they get.

3 Likes

Putting it like that, it’s not even “technically.” They straight-up DID take it away.

1 Like

Because Classic Mode =/= Classic Game. You cannot just assume they are referring to the mode when you hear the term “Classic”. It could also refer to the game as a whole or the “Classic Game”, not just a mode within a game that tries to mimic the old graphics and campaign. It’s a disgrace to call that the classic game. If “Classic Client” can refer to the original game, then “Classic Game” can too.

While “Classic” alone could refer to either the classic mode or the classic game, you have to use context to figure it out, or ask. He was talking about the classic game as a whole (as a supported option from Blizzard) not just the mode. Of course, it’d help to use the full terms, “Classic Game” and “Classic Mode”, to better distinguish between the two. But you can’t expect everyone to only use “Classic” to refer to the mode.

Technically that’s not one that Blizzard has released or is even an official ladder. They said their ranked ladder will be released “in the coming months”. So I am still right in saying that they (Blizzard) have not released a ranked ladder for Reforged. Anyway an unofficial ladder (or unofficial server for that matter) will never be the same as an official Blizzard one. No official support from Blizzard, possibly even opposition. And less awareness and accessibility means less people using it, regardless of how easy it is to setup.

2 Likes

Well it can work for some industries better than others, like education.

Then yeah if they aren’t happy with that and can’t unionize then I’d recommend finding a different job.

It was my understanding that due to the pandemic, they were working from home anyway. Is that not the case anymore? What’s stopping them from moving to a different area then (at least until the pandemic is over with)? It’s possible that even after this pandemic blows over, some companies could keep this as a permanent option.

Well unless the outsourced company is having the same money problems as Blizzard, then Activision should still have to offer a competitive amount of money for them to accept work. Same goes for other countries, although if those countries are used to being paid less, not much you can do about that other than have the government restrict or tax outsourcing with other countries. Worst case for the workers it goes back to having to find another job.

…Is probably for the best at this point.

If they can’t even finish the damn game, why should we expect them to support it?

1 Like

We should stop insulting the developers.
I tried to rewrite Warcraft 3 technologically. Now I am working on supporting Reforged.

Reforged is Patch 1.29 changing the game to have 16:9 resolution. Reforged is Patch 1.30 changing the game so that port forwarding is no longer necessary. Reforged is Patch 1.31 changing the editor so that it was possible for a friend to send me a map with a custom fullscreen 3d fps game experience where I could build a tunnel out of minecraft blocks.

I don’t know why they decided to replace Reforged with a webpage rendered with glitchy hardware acceleration at the last minute. I think it was probably because FDF is so poorly documented. But also they didn’t get enough sales.

The $40 pricetag is not a scam. They were hoping to rely on the goodwill of the playerbase to fund the charitable nature of most of the development spent on Reforged being released as patches that were free to players who already owned the original Frozen Throne game. And for hoping to rely on that goodwill, they were faced with a ton of backlash and misrepresentation of what they had created.

We payed those 30€ and expacting revamped campaigns that got Lore up to date. Better graphics, an improved PvP Mode, Launcher integration, continued and Custom Campaign Support, updated voices with option to go back and mayby CO-OP.
What we got whas the launcher and better graphics but lost so custom campaigns, matchmaker, option to get old voices and the hope of the community. What we got whas only deserving 15€ like the StarCraft Remaster would have cost.