WC3 Reforged Campaign Crashing

sad.

yes its sad how frequently i keep seeing people say “roll back to a previous patch just so i can play single player” and even more sad people still dont know how to run older patches of RoC/TFT

Man, you’ve got to be kidding )) I said I like Reforged graphics (otherwise I wouldn’t buy the game 'cause I have 2 CDs with RoC and TFT since the time immemorial I guess) and want to play only with it. But I want stable version of game. I think this is a fair desire, don’t you?

u seem to have a hard time reading…

these r your only options at this current moment in time

it feels like u r complaining with us (random forum users) as if we work for blizzard, its not our freakin fault the game is broke, I am simply offering u solutions… whether u like it or not is up to u

u asked for a previous working stable version, well there it is

I thought previous working version implies Reforged graphics. Otherwise the game isn’t Reforged at all.

this is called a circular conversation where we just keep repeating ourselves bro

theres nothing more to be said here

I’d like to add that there’s enought time to release hotfix update about Campaign bugs. Besides you mentioned those bugs are easy to fix.

i feel like maybe english isnt ur main language??

what do u mean enough time?? is there a time limit? does time expire??

do u realize how blizzard does not have many people working on wc3?

do u know the whole story behind why reforged is such a broken mess??

do I really need to explain every detail of what happened with the disaster that reforged is??

everybody knows the game is broken…but we waited 2 years for this current patch and all we can really do is hope they put out another one in the next few months… right now all we can do is hope and thats it

my belief is campaign will be fixed tho, cuz thats a lot easier than the problems with multiplayer

I do know. However this is not my issue to struggle. Neither is yours by the way.

1.33 version was launched on Aug the 10th. It’s been almost 3 weeks since that date.

Wow, sounds very fatalistic. And after that “another one” we won’t be able to lauch game at all :smiley:

heres my final statement:

the new Reforged graphics are not that great, theres a cool fan-made mod called “Quenching Mod” which greatly improves the graphics of Reforged, and theres also the fan-made RE-reforged campaign project which is not finished yet but it has completely re-designed entire levels and cutscenes for the first few chapters of the game and it looks amazing

My point is - blizzard half assed Reforged all the way through from day 1 and everybody knows this, u mentioned paying “$100” or whatever for spoils of war (not sure why u say that but we were all ripped off) personally, I do not support the “reforged” campaign bcuz when I played it back in 2020 it sucked, they made the hard difficulty easier by mistake which is really stupid… now the latest patch was supposed to make hard mode more challenging again so thats actually a good thing, and Im sure they will fix the bugs with campaign eventually (its really not as bad as people think)

If i were to play the campaign, I will stick to the original on patch 1.26 bcuz thats how the game was originally intended… however, someday when the new RE-reforged project is complete I will play that with the Quenching mod installed… but those projects will not be completed for another year or 2 and in the mean time I’ll just stick to multiplayer since Ive played campaign many times

fixing the campaign is important for a fraction of the player base, but its not the driving factor of whats going to bring in new players… right now theres bigger concerns in overall reputation of the game just being completely broken all the way through and through

do u realize how bad the situation is for multiplayer?? in 2019 they shut down the old servers and everybody lost their old accounts, profiles, clans etc… in 2020 the campaign was super easy and u can even use the level skip cheat to unlock portraits, so thats stupid… but for multiplayer we have not had a ranking system, proper matchmaking, or stats for the pas 2 years and this current patch was supposed to give us those things and yet its so broken its giving players losses instead of wins (which is causing people to stop playing)

the entire game is broken all the way through, and campaign is just a portion of what needs fixing… but at least in the meantime u do have the option of playing the original non-reforged campaign as a backup while u wait for them to fix the current bugs

Thanks, man! Really. Never knew it exists. Tried yesterday and it’s really awesome.
By the way today version 1.33.0.19252 was released. I’m anxious to check if devastating bugs in Campaign mode at least are fixed.

Nope, they aren’t. Crashed when clicked on minimap ( Pity

Possible solution:
Turn Particles in Options to Medium or to Low.
If still crashing: Turn all graphics to low until mission solved.

Hi guys, I had a crash in TFT Nightelves Mission 4, hovering above the green circle of the target (some portal).
I realized that if I turn particles settings lower to at least Medium, the Crash is gone.
Update: After that I have a crash even without getting a popup to send the error to blizzard, must be some weird Runtimeerror. So reduce everything until next mission as workaround.

I hope I can help someone here.

My setup: I have a highend PC and newest drivers. Must be a bug in the particle emitters. I dont want to install 3rd party software, as I do not want to risk a ban.

Thanks! I’ll give it a try. See if I still experience crashes after that action

I can confirm … just put particles on low … no need to touch any other settings.

1 Like

Same here i’m stuck on wrath of the betrayer and it won’t let me beat the game on hard mode…

Dude, it really helps! Thanks a lot! How did you figure this out by the way?
Also I cannot say what this particles quality does. What I have noticed is much more rough animation of moving stars around a spell icon when autocasted and it’s all

Someone told me to put all graphics to Low and it worked so I tried which one is causing the crashes to report to Blizz as well, because this probably helps fixing the issues.

So, did you report it? 'Cause I intended to so myself

i have EVERYTHING in low… it closed like 8 times in the “fall of Silvermon” chapter…

1 Like