"WC3 Reforged Beta not available on Mac"!

well personally i think they should get the game running correctly and properly on window pc’s instead of focusing on mac, your the one who chose to get a mac, deal with it.

Yea typical kids that uses win for games
When macs are 80% for video and photo editing and work in most cases

Actually it is more like industry is >75% Linux because it is cheaper.

Video and photo editing can be done on both Windows and Mac. Macs are just preferred for it because they can be speced very easily for it. Apple makes good and consistent displays which combined with decent inbuilt software is all one really needs for it.

That said if you know what you are doing you can get something pretty similar with Windows. The difference being Apple provides you with part choices optimized towards this, while with Windows it is up to you to combine appropriate stuff.

Photoshop, after effects, 3ds and premiere available on windows. PC hardware could be customized and upgraded, while mac is garbage even for graphic editing. There is only two non-mobile operating systems: Windows for home/work/entertainment and linux for servers/work. Mac is even funny to discuss.

so blizzard have everywhere game will be available for mac and windows, then they release beta only for windows and when mac users want answers why and when will be game available so community answer is mac is garbage and compare windows with mac? why blizzard can’t say beta is now for win for mac will be available next week or something

1 Like

Exactly my point.

Mac is as good as PC with that regard. Sure there may be performance variance, but that is within an order of magnitude so acceptable. If the Mac is not powerful enough then one can always throw money at the problem to solve it, as the Mac Pro proves.

It fits perfectly into industry standards of throwing stuff away after the warrantee ends. One could either buy a Windows 10 system from Dell, or a Mac. The Dell system for sure will not have better hardware at a similar price range.

Mac still has significant penetration, especially in some geographic areas. IOS certainly out does Microsoft in the mobile space.

It will be available for Mac at latest by the 31/12/2019.

Mac OS users represent a small share of their player base. Further more much of the debugging being done for Windows also applies for MacOS, since both are x86-64. If a beta is provided for Macs then it will likely occur later this month or early next month once all the major issues are solved. MacOS will have its own set of issues due to the requirement to use Metal, an Apple only graphic API, so it makes sense that Windows, the OS the game was primarily developed for, is released first and used to fix most of the major faults. This would allow the Mac beta to mostly catch Metal API bugs which are hard to diagnose as they are often system specific.

2 Likes

I like how you addressed the issue by stating a possibility. Yes it makes sense for the mac beta to come out later because of unique issues, but they should at least say something about it… like "mac beta will be released soon so we can fix glaring issues for the platform before release: but as far as I know, not even a peep.

2 Likes

Need informations… Up up up up up

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this post.
I hate these non-sense, nothing saying at all posts of hate and telling incorrect informations about sth. these people have no idea about.

@Fullmetal: If you want to criticise sth., please tell, why it is garbage… I think there will be much dangerous superficial knowledge, but it would say more, then your nonsense post here.

At the moment I’m using a Mac and it works very good. It’s a custom Mac with an Intel i5 6600K and for Gaming a native supported Radeon RX 580 with 8GB. The whole Mac costs 800€. So it’s priced as a normal PC and the games are running much better on MacOS X Catalina as on Windows 10…
If you want to, I can post an Benchmark :slight_smile:

1 Like

It really depends on the game. For example if it is D3D11 on Windows vs Metal on MacOS it is hardly a fair comparison as Metal functions more similar to Vulkan/D3D12 with regard to API performance.

i have a 2018 macbook pro, also would love to play the beta I was invited to.

1 Like

“real games should be played only on real computers.”

Real games should be played only on real game consoles!

im sure you can find something like an emulator for mac. yaknow like how linux has wine

Yes mac has Windows emulators and even virtual machines. The issue with them is they are often not free. A Windows Virtual Machine needs a valid Windows licence.

From a software perspective outside of Mac’s typical Metal nonsense there is no reason that they cannot be used to play games. In fact Apple smart phone devices likely play more games everyday than Linux, Windows and MacOS combined already.

Someone who bought a mac now complains about lack of free software.

Priceless.

those are not real video games. they are slot machines.

I do not own a Mac. Although I do service them as an IT professional.

There are two classes of people who are complaining about this area…

• They brought a Mac a long time ago before Apple became part of the fashion industry. Apple has given these machines atrocious long term support compared with Microsoft and so now they are not even able to run games that the same hardware running Windows can. This is what is happening with Heroes of the Strom at the moment, but does not apply to Reforged yet for logical reasons.
  • They brought a modern Mac and are wondering why Blizzard is not rolling out a Mac build of the beta. They have a good argument seeing how Mac OS support is a key part of Reforged and something that Blizzard has spent a lot of effort on to achieve in previous patches, even breaking some Windows stuff temporarily in the process. There must be some reason for this given how deployment of both should be trivial.

As Apple builds their x86 systems using variants of standard x86 compatible hardware, the performance at best is as to be expected from the hardware. Sure it will not beat a well speced Windows gaming machine, but that either costs more or is lacking in other areas outside of gaming.

Do be aware that the Mac Pro is not a consumer PC. Its hardware is aimed at enterprise/commercial users, and hence the insane price just like all server and enterprise hardware. One cannot really run a price to performance comparison on such a system as it will always be very low compared with consumer targeted systems. One can see this with the cost per core between AMD’s Ryzen 9 3900X and equivalent generation EPYC processors, with the consumer SKUs being considerably cheaper while also being considerably faster (per core).

I am pretty sure a lot of them are real video games. Especially seeing how they are available on numerous platforms such as Steam as well.

Let’s not talk about the cons of Mac gaming. Windows is better for gaming for obvious reasons.

More important - why has Blizzard promised a release for Mac but not mentioned anything about why the beta is not available. A simple “We plan to add Mac support to the beta in X timeframe” would suffice (or not add support for it at all).

All of us Mac users are just waiting in the dark and confused.

3 Likes