"WC3 Reforged Beta not available on Mac"!

Self-explanatory. I got access to the beta now, yet apparently, nobody bothered to make the beta available on a mac. WTF Blizzard!

/rant

14 Likes

:confused: Well for now you can work around it by setting up a sandbox… at least until they make the game compatible… if they do…

3 Likes

dude are you really suprised about this, you are using a mac for gaming. Macs are known to be absolute horrible for gaming and quite some times not even supported

5 Likes

Because I got my 2013 macbook air as a high school graduation gift, and I can’t afford even the cheapest PC, thats why.

Plus, this guy’s been plugging along for who knows how long, has been dropped and dinged, and still works like a boss.

5 Likes

+1
I am grateful to be invited to the beta testing and would love to contribute to the WC3 Reforged game.
Since the game will be playable on a Mac I was hoping to try it out on a Mac as well.

7 Likes

This is happening because apple decided to not support 32 bits applications after this last macos update. But the reforged team is working on making reforged 64 bits. The 1.31 patch we had prior to the beta fully supported 64 bits so I assume it’s just a matter of time until mac users will be able to play reforged.

1 Like

You are expecting a 2013 MacBook air to run Reforged (HD) graphics? Seeing how it might not even run Heroes of the Storm anymore I think it would manage classic (SD) graphics at best, which you already have access to via Warcraft III 1.31.

It is possible the Mac beta will come at a later stage. Mac Warcraft III is a lot more complicated than Windows WC3 since it has to use the Mac exclusive Metal API as well as be 64 bit only for compatibility with modern MacOS (which no longer support 32bit applications).

Reforged is 64 bit, however 64bit support in 1.31 was extremely buggy and crash prone as there were clear large address awareness issues. 64bit support might still have bugs left in 1.32 (Reforged), so it would be best if these are sorted before a macOS beta is run so that that beta can focus on reporting Metal related bugs.

Windows users have the option to test both 32bit and 64bit builds which can help detect such porting issues. MacOS no longer has the option to do this.

1 Like

Can you try bootcamp? I’m on a 2015 MacBook and am playing PC games just fine.

2 Likes

I bet OP is not using Catalina on his 2013 macbook air…so your post is irrelevant
Blizzard SHOULD not make available PRE-Purc a game that is NOT for mac or has no system req available…blizzard want them to blind purchase a game that maybe is not even working on their system
I advice to request the money back, there are laws about selling a product without any essence on it
Since 2016 now macs can game better than low-mid tier laptops/desktop pc…since has support for eGpu…so again lets stop with this childish replies about mac people

i contacted Blizzard support for this issue
i have EU68147825 ticket number
I suggest more people should do this

3 Likes

So you suggest for him to BUY Windows 10 to play a game that should run as advertised on mac??
So pay for Windows to play just 1 game that blizzard is “saying” that its running on mac as well ??
Stop being like that people…the creator should respect his own words and tech specification

6 Likes

Yep, Bootcamp is nice, but it doesn’t give you access for Beta right now. I have “Spoils of War” and no Beta on windows 10 :frowning: Well just wait.

2 Likes

you dont have beta for windows 10 but you have beta for mac ?

I don’t care about playing the game with everything on high detail.

you can’t cuz your computer can’t handle the high details… so… your opinion is… you know…

Then play Warcraft III 1.31 and wait until December 31st when patch 1.32 goes live. You should then be able to play Warcraft III using the Classic graphics, like one should be able to currently using 1.31.

Reforged beta is mostly about testing Reforged features such as the shaders and graphics.

This is assuming the metal implementation is compatible with your computer and is not like the one made for HotS which requires stupidly modern hardware. If it is not compatible then 1.31 might be the last compatible Warcraft III version.

Up, Up, Up !

And a little word to get on 10 characters

Mac is garbage, btw, like an expensive toy. Fancy, but useless.
Of course mac is a joke for everyone.

2 Likes

Another one coming to Mac post having a pc to complain about Mac… don’t fu…ng busy one and let the rest of humanity bout whatever the one to buy… so annoying

1 Like

Antonio20014,
Don’t whine, use wine.
winehq .org