WC 3 Reforged AMD performance

It was in the known issues during Beta, then it got removed upon release.
Changing drivers won’t fix it.

1 Like

The card runs fine on pretty much every game I throw at it. Yes it was discontinued and it was a questionable release to begin with, however the card is everything but bad and by far not as troublesome as some people talk it down. In fact, according to those benchmarks, the Radeon VII easily is the fastest AMD card for WC3R and outperforms both the 5700 XT as well as a RTX 2070 Super. So the card is not causing the stuttering issues.

By the way, is antialiasing checkbox in settings doing something? I cant notice the difference. I feel like there is no AA at all

Warcraft 3: Reforged has been weighed, measured, and found…wanting for AMD systems.

The micro-stutters associated with building and razing structures is unacceptable and falls short, way short, of my expectations of Blizzard.

I’m sure I’ll revisit some time down the road after the AMD performances issues have been confirmed to be rectified.

1 Like

Feels like blizzard is ignoring our problems.
Playing on i9 8-Core, 16GB RAM and the Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB VRAM and the Intel UHD 630 Graphics and even on the lowest settings I get around 30-50fps , no difference between 1on1,2on2 or even 4on4…

GPU-workload:
not even 20% on the Intel UHD, the AMD 5500M doesn’t even get used ( 0% whole time ). Funfact: closing warcraft 3 and doing regular tasks gets higher GPU-workload on the Intel UHD then the low fps game.

1 Like

You need to force the game to use the discrete GPU. The integrated GPU will perform badly as it shares resources, such as memory bandwidth, with the CPU and hence will reduce single thread performance with the game relies on heavilly.

Of course if it performs well with an AMD GPU is another question. One hopefully AMD and Blizzard can work together to solve over the coming weeks.

i have doubts.

blizzard is incompetent and i’m surprised they’re not scrambling to salvage wc3 reforged as all their new products have been garbage and failures

I also confirm to have poor performance !!! Amd RX 560X,16Gb of Ram and Ryzen 5…Hope they fix it !!!

Seems like this wont get attention…
I refunded the game, may be ill give it a try when
it get fixed, but chances of that happen are :pinching_hand:
Its rly sad for me, none of games failures made me so upset but that one.
My advice to the people who struggle this problem - refund until (if ever happen) this gets fixed.
Good luck fellas

I am pretty sure they are aware there is an issue. This sort of problem takes time to fix.

I’m not sure.
Maybe they’ll just change the minimum requirements to: NVIDIA GeForce (AMD card not applicable)

1 Like

Nothing works, guess it’s time to buy an nvidia lol

They don’t use AMDs at hq I guess.

They need to, or AMD could petition ATVI to fix their game because it’s harming AMDs market.

They are not aware, this has been posted since november in the beta.

well cant we talk to a live moderator in a live chat. i cannot play reforged graphics at all. It has me so upset. too many micro stutters and cant navigate minimap without lag. i also have AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, sapphire radeon rs 5700 xt nitro+ special edition, 16 gb of 3600 cas 16 ram. i even overclocked my ram and no change. something has to be done. i couldnt believe when i didnt read them talking about this issue in their latest apology response.

I found a temporary fix, turn off shadows, set fps to as high as possible, you will still drop frames but going from 100 to 80 or 120 to 100 is a lot better than going to 30 from 60.

Same here, man.

The good thing is they managed to fix this 2 patches ago in beta. So I think they know the solution and hopefully they will bring it back with next patch this week.

1 Like

Yo if they do if you for some reason remember come shout it out here so people know. I would rebuy the game if it worked.

@TheBlueDoll that wont didnt work for me. It was getting lag spikes ever 2-3 seconds so it was more than just an occasional spike sadly.

wrong thread, deleting.

How is your performance guys after the update? The game is playable for me now. It’s very high demanding ( low fps ) but the hitching has dissappeared which is great news indeed. Thanks Blizzard!

Main menu is still going horrible but I can understand that is not their priority for now.

Anyway good job Blizz from my seat.

Yes, they finally fixed it (5700 XT).