WASD screen scroll control

Is it possible to scroll the screen using WASD as opposed to mouse border movement? I’ve always preferred that method for some reason. Example HOTS. Then I would just set my spells to be QERF or ZXCV.
Thanks.

1 Like

No hotkey menu, nope.

I am wondering this same thing. That is how I want my camera pan to be used as well. I would also like to change my hero abilities to 1, 2, 3, 4, etc… But I can’t seem to get that to work either.

You cant change 1,2,3,4,5 either since theyre hardbound to unit groups.
So unless they add hotkeymenu there is no way of changing them.

there is a hotkey UI lol, and you can customize the hotkeys all you want. I don’t know why you keep spreading this misinformation after I already explained this all to you

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

the problem is this game was not designed for WASD camera controls, and it doesn’t allow for that setup to work very easily, because its intended to be played by scrolling the screen with your mouse

this is not true though, its just a separate download instead of being built into the game… its not difficult to setup though

This is not true, it is not possible to rebind the camera movement to WASD or to change unitgroup keybinds. They are hardbound, you can not find their commands in customkeys.txt and thus you can not change them.

only for people who struggle to read guides and setup Warkeys

I did read the guide and im editing customkeys.txt for a long time.

You can not change camera movement with warkeys either, nor does it work by manually editing the customkeys.txt. Why? because there is no command line for it at all.

If im wrong, upload a customkeys.txt where camera is on WASD.

you’ve already received help in multiple threads from 3 people, you even challenged me to a 1v1 and after wasting hours of my time you refused to join the 1v1 game

you are nothing but a troll

As i said: if it is possible to change camera hotkeys onto WASD please upload them for the community.

(after 17 years of people asking for them, there is no such upload anywhere in the internet, because it is not possible and customkeys.txt is very limited)

that’s actually quite false, theres multiple methods on setting up WASD but I already explained to you that it is a very improper and poor way to play, which is why only a very small # of people request this setup

where do you upload a method on putting camera to WASD?
if it is anywhere please link, do not link the same reddit you allways do, because it DOES NOT include camera on WASD.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=wc3+wasd

This video explains scripting an authotkey .cfg into remapping the windows keystrokes to be registered differently for inventory items, not camera movement.

Where does it explain setting up Camera on WASD?

it works, its possible if you set it up properly and follow the instructions, ive done it before, and its not how the game should be played, because its just a stupid waste of hotkey space when you can simply use the mouse much faster

because its just a stupid waste of hotkey space when you can simply use the mouse much faster

So you just confirmed it is not possible to remap camera to WASD. Thank you to clear things up.

no you just confirmed how poor your reading comprehension skills are, good job but quoting half my comment doesn’t make the other half disappear lol

Goodjob on not beeing able to deliver the OP a solution. Your video does not explain how to remap camera to WASD nor does any of your posts, nor is there any solution in the interwebs after 17 years…because you can not do it.

Why? You can not change those keys because there is no command line for them in the customkeys.txt, there simply is no [MoveCameraUp] or anything like this in there.

As i said: Sadly no, this is not an option until Blizzard finally gives us hotkey menu ingame.

Warkeys gives you a complete UI just like you are asking, and AHK allows you to modify any key on your keyboard, and custom maps can also feature wasd or any other custom setup too

so when you combine all that together, you have 100% every function you could possibly need, you are just unable to comprehend how to set it up

Warkeys does not have an UI for camera movement because command lines do not exist in customkeys.txt as i said multiple times before.
But since ur saying “there is” and since ur not able even though “its so easy” to give the OP a simple customkeys.txt where camera is on WASD, you may tell us the name of the command?

Whats the MoveCamera command line in customkeys?

Dude give up on it…there is none.

OP had a simple question: How to camera with WASD. All the links you provided do not answer the question.