Warcraft IV by Microsoft soon?

Let forgot about Warcraft III Reforged remake redo re this re that or what
Let focus Warcraft IV straight to the point
here u all can drop your idea to them.
What we need is
1 - New Engine
2 - Game Platform
3 - Reconnect system ( if you dc-ed )
4 - Broadcast system ( for broadcaster )
5 - Revamp graphic from cheaper blizzard budget ( LemonSky not guilty )
6 - Remove slot limit units and change it to a page tab
7 - Future Menu
8 - Future Minimap ( no more 8/16bit icon )

4 Likes

microsoft will likely use the unreal engine.

1 Like

They didn’t finish Age of Empires IV (there are a lot of important things missing), why do you think they will make Warcraft IV?

World of Warcraft replaced Warcraft IV and I don’t know what lore can they use in a possible new RTS Warcraft game.

AoE 4 is a good game, have a good competitive games and new tournaments, balance patchs really often, and a really good campaign.

Warcraft 4 would be a nice option to continue the lore in another way to wow (which his lore is really bad, crap) or explain the lore in WoW (which I said, I would be really disappointed).

But yes, It’s possible a Warcraft IV since Microsoft really care about RTS sagas, and they already saw that u can sell millions of copies.

1 Like

I made a simmilar topic first so why create this one? :o

Maybe fix War3 first.

2 Likes

they can do both at the same time. creating a new game takes years. that is more than enough time to fix the previous game.

lol no not happening. Microsoft MAY spare some resources for development to fiX WC3R. . and that’s just a MAYBE. . . but not likely going to have a WC4.

1 Like

Does Age of Empires IV have one? Most RTS games do not due to their lock step requirement. I guess they could peer-to-peer it by proper save games, but that has other issues.

You mean StarCraft II?

Maps need to be kept simple so they are easily read. Ultra realistic maps can detract from that.

1 Like

Even if they want to make Warcraft 4 as their priority… consider how long it took activision to properly influence blizzard. It’s not happening before 2030 at the very least. Starcraft 3 will probably happen before, especially since Starcraft was on the announcement logo.

It would still be an A-V studio doing the work, they aren’t just buying the name, they’re buying the studios too.

Fixing this would be viable, needs reconnect feature, configurable UI (lockable for custom maps), Custom ability window in world editor (make any shape/projectile/effect), an advanced inventory (ARPG like). All of this would greatly improve custom games. But whatever.

They will make a simple but perfect definitive edition and it will become clear that that is all that we wanted

with microsoft on top of it, the chances for wc4 are higher than with activision, but i still think the chances are rather low. its competition for aoe4 in the slim RTS market, and blizz lost all developers that knew their way around RTS.

i think the logical way would be to first start with w3 reforged fixing to kinda get into the game economy. microsoft might include w3champions into the official game - they have done that in the past.

if microsoft fixes reforged, wc4 might come. if they dont touch wc3, i dont think we will see a wc4.

but theres also frost giant - thats where i place my hopes for a worthy wc3 successor.

1 Like

it had no sense about “competition” between W4 and AoE 4.

Its like old blizzard had said they wont make starcraft 2 because it would be a opponent for Warcraft 3.

These are different RTS games, and if you have more variety, better.

2 Likes

So would this bring in a lot more players? As of at the moment we can barelly even get decent games like World of azeroth filled up

by the time a warcraft 4 rolls around, age of empires 4 is already mostly dead.

i start love war3 since judgement day then DotA
if you play another game like Dota II ,u can see their minimap are more futuristic
for slot limit,yes!,it like SC II
for reconnect issue,there is button u can click reconnect from current game u playing like dota II
Valve take improve too from Blizzard War3Reforged like censored mean word/ swearing words , why Bliz cant do that too?

you can also see lots of effects that make your eyes bleed while the screen gets completely occluded by lights, your hero dies and you spend your respawning time wondering what went wrong since razor aoe was considered too messy and got cleaned.

Cause that’s really what is important in today’s games. More censorship.
Sorry, didn’t you say you started to love wc3 since DotA? Lost memory of the average dota game maybe?

The beauty of video games, is they can do really whatever they want. They make new lore if they want. Though I agree, Warcraft IV would be a bad idea while WoW is still going on.