Warcraft III Reforged Unreal engine

The guy isnt trying to make a new game hes just testing the models for visuals so it isnt like Chrono Resurrection. I dont know for the copying from one engine to another bit but considering he isnt trying to make anything out of the models it also isnt relavent cause he isnt trying to get anything money related from what he is doing and not doing any harm to Blizzard. As for me i dont know how in any way i did anything criminal or otherwise ? I shared it just for the fun of it and it can be used as feedback for the dev. team to see how players react to make their product better.

2 Likes

True, but thatā€™s definitely ad example if how terrain is made

2 Likes

Not really, it has the EXACT same engine code running in the background, otherwise you could not cross play with original WC3 owners nor have the custom games running exactly as they are in Reforged or what some people already have done, importing the original WC3 campaign map files into the editor and then into Reforged betaā€¦

xhttps://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III:_Reforged

" It utilizes an upgraded version of the original game engine, in order to preserve mod functionality from the original game. Its graphics engine however has been completely overhauled."

So this is more or less what they also did with Halo: CE Anniversary and Halo 2 Anniversary where there is essentially the old game engine running in background and that makes it possible to switch between the original and the remade graphics/models while playing the game.

So while the game engine is revamped, its still basicly using the same engine as the original. When we talk about entirely different game engine, it would be something like Unreal Engine 4 or Starcraft II engine.

2 Likes

Guysā€¦this is just the assets that blizzard created in unreal engine. Itā€™s not anything special really. I have no idea why people are flipping out over this. The camera is closer, an HDRI is used (or something similar) to make the contrast higher, and unreal environment is being used.

Xhttps://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsjedifallenorder/mods/4

here is an example of a mod that would do the same thing for people that donā€™t know what HDRIā€™s do.

itā€™s not anything warcraft base, but is shows exactly what this person did lighting wise (or the engine did lighting wise) to the map. This came out about a week after Fallen order came out, so like I said doing something like this happens very quickly once a game is out.
Itā€™s the engine making it look this good nothing else. All assets are created by Lemonskystudio, and all aesthetics your seeing besides lighting and camera is reforged. This is not that big of a deal, once people create HDRI mods for Reforged, I can promise you these type of mods will be out very soon.

4 Likes

agreed, this is copyright infrigement and plaigarism if the person did sell this version of this game, and is a crime if he released it for free. If he did it personally and is not planning to do anything with it, I donā€™t think Blizzard would mind that muchā€¦though I could be wrong about that.

OMG! It is exactly what I want! even better than 2018 demoā€¦
pls return 2018 demo!!!

1 Like

nope, visual engine =/= game logic engine. Thatā€™s it. Changing graphical engine have nothing with changing compatability.
The game can look that cool and will go any old map you want. Thatā€™s it.

you just try to defend blizzard with this scary ā€œall maps will be lostā€

1 Like

Is really that what the game is missing now, lets wait the fix and hope to them back better than ever :smiley:

Anyone tried getting a refund yet? Iā€™m seriously considering it.

I will not Refund my 57 preorders. I have no regrets. I love this game.

1 Like

And what is the problemā€¦? If they gave a good Editor, people would hapilly remake the custom games anyway.

Itā€™s a just lost oportunity that they could really reforge the game to make everything better. But worse: they want the game to work with the old one, limiting even changes to the animations and model movementsā€¦

3 Likes

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS
This kind of people are not too smart, this game need NEW PEOPLE not the old purist fanboys.

1 Like

thought it was a rick roll

Looks awful.

2 Likes

The problem is that very likely only the most popular custom games would get remade by the community, while some of my old favorites likely never would.

Again honestly, Reforged was ALWAYS supposed to be more of remaster than remake. And personally Im just fine with how the game looks, its more or less exactly what a remastered Warcraft III imho is supposed to look like.

Again if you want entirely new kind of Warcraft RTS game, keep asking Blizzard to make Warcraft IV, its that simple.

2 Likes

And whatā€™s the problemā€¦? We can always start the classic warcraft 3 and play the old custom games. No doubt the really good and popular ones would be remade.

And I ask you this: if the Reforged was supposed to be more of a remaster than remakeā€¦ then WHY they are changing the designs so muchā€¦?

The game does not look nothing like a ā€œremasterā€. A remaster is supposed to keep all the designs and looks, but Reforged is changing everything, even units gender .

If this was supposed to be only a remaster, ok then, make EVERYTHING exactly like it was, just improved and high quality and poly models and better textures, etcā€¦

But the way they are doing the game is stuck in a limbo: itā€™s not a remaster and not a remake either.

1 Like

And? How is that a problem? The only problem I see here is that you and other ppl complaining here were expecting to get almost entirely new game/true remake, when imho it was clear from the VERY beginning that Reforged was never going to be something like that, but still more than just ā€œHD remasterā€

I honestly feel like the whining about Refroged has gotten completely out of hand and people were expecting even MORE from it than what was even originally promisedā€¦

Especially when it comes to the game-engine, Reforged team said RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING that the game would be running on top of the same old engine from 2002-2003, they never promised that the game would be running on entirely new engine and they also gave their reasons why thats the caseā€¦

So while I can understand that some people might be disappointed about cancelled new voice acting and scrapped plans to make every ingame cutscenes the way they did in Blizzcon 2018 demo, this whining about the game-engine is something that I really dont understandā€¦

And like said to me atleast its FAR more important that ALL the custom games/maps made over the years work EXACTLY as they are in Reforged, rather than shinier/prettier graphicsā€¦to me Reforged honestly looks more or less what I would want WC3 ā€œremaster-remakeā€ hybrid to look likeā€¦

But I quess I am quite alone with that opinion in these forumsā€¦

1 Like

a single person with stolen assets. Using a different companyā€™s game engine.

2 Likes

if blizzard had used the unreal engine, they would have had to pay for it. they could possibly have ported over all assets somehow(both SD and HD) and made it work but, it would have cost them because epic gets a part of the income.

Exactly! i got 58 to just to flex on you!