Warcraft III: Reforged PTR Version 1.36 -- Updated May 3

The Elf heroes, few units and buildings need buff and rework.
  1. Demon Hunter: return +1 agility in base stade.
  2. Keeper of the Grove: Keeper of the Grove base Intelligence from 18 to 19 and Entangling Roots cast range on 700 with lvl 2. Increased treants damage base from 14 to 16. Thorns aura also work equally against melee units as well as long-range units.
  3. Potm: Owls Scouts buff like more duration, trueshot aura buff from 10% 20% 30% to 15%/25%/35% and base attack cooldown reduced from 2.33 to 2.00. Hide: duration for Potm from 1.5 to 1.0 second.
  4. Warden: Buff intelligence from 16 to 17. Fan of knife unit cap 5\6\7 and buff fan of knifes from 75/125/190 to 85/135/200. Agility on +1. Shadow Strike mana cost return from 75 to 65. Reduce manna cost for Blink level 3. Warden has used 4 spells and solo tanky hero so I think it will not hurt to give she’s a little bit buff spells and also that this hero survives at the end of the game. Hide fade duration from 1.5 to 1.0 second.

Buff hp for wisps and back for them mana lose to units heroes from 40 to 50 and hp from 120 to 130 or 140 hp. Was buff hp for peons, acolytes and peasants so please buff hp for wisps too.

So now about units.

Dryads: Rework. Please buff hp for Dryads HP from 435 to 500 and bring back Abolish Magic damage against summoned units 300. Main mana 300 and initial mana 100 and mana regeneration: 0.95 . Reduce the experience gain from Dryads from Level 3 (60xp) to Level 2 (40 xp). Because the elves absolutely do not have enough dispel mana and damage for dispel also the dryads themselves as units are very weak so it would not hurt to add a little hit points.

Druid of the Claw( Bear Form): return and add +1 attack damage for druid of the Claw(Bear Form).

Mountain Giant: Make it so that the elf players can produce MG’s without shop. After buff Taurens and Knights like u give for them 25% pulverize and sundering blades defaults so give also for Mountain Giants Resistant Skin or Hardened Skin default and Mountain Giant supply reduced from 7 back to 6. Also after u nerf double taunt, this units no used and no playble in 1vs1, so recuced for mgs from 14 to 5 second cooldown taunts. Also please dont nerf harderen skin to 8 armor because this units no playble in 1vs1 in pro lvls. So i think nerf to 10 harderen skin armor enough with 2 base armor.

Chimaera: movement speed return from 250 to 270.

Now about the buildings: Tree of lifes buff Nature’s Blessing Armor Bonus on +2.
Nature blessing upgrade cost reduce from 150 gold 200 wood to 100 gold and 150 wood. Tree of life build time reduce from 120 to 110.
Tree of life start with 11 food supplied.
The next build Ancient of War: base attack increases from 36 to 40.
Chimaera Roost: Build time reduce from 60 to 50 second.

Agree, Plus reduce manna cost for Blink level 3 - otherwise no point to research it.

I say more, because fiends and rifles have more life. so at least 500 life would be nice. Plus Fiends and rifles are available sooner, this is also not fair.

yes, or increase moon well supply better.

1 Like

your suggestions are no less than a meme

2 Likes

I can’t believe NEer is still suggesting to buff NE even though it is already the strongest race among the four. Half of any tournement is occupied by NE players and we always watch NE mirrors all the time. Please debuff moon well, debuff DH and make it a game of four races. It shouldn’t be a game of night elves and friends.

NE must be buffed somehow in really-Early Game vs Human
If bases are near (too close - small map), than HU eat alive the NE !!!

(scenario: NE hero not yet ready, max 1 archer ready and 2 wells, but ArchMage or other hero with 3 footies already destroy either wisps or wells) How to def that? And if I go other hero than DH and ally did not came to help - or ally is not also human with fast altar => entire NE base in ruins. Call me noob, but I really did not found the solution for this.

And in Late game you can nerf NE (druid of talon or MG life or remove fairy dragons - whatever you choose)!

1 Like

We’ve deployed a new 1.36 PTR build. This update includes the following additions and adjustements:

Balance

• Immolation damage reduced from 7/12/18 to 6/11/17
  • Sentinel Research cost reduced from 100/100 to 50/50 gold/lumber
  • Arcane Tower Feedback increased from 12 to 16 on heroes (24 on regular units remains unchanged)
  • Pulverized cost reduced from 225 to 175 lumber
  • Mana Stone mana granted on consumption reduced from 250 to 200
  • Circlet Removed from drop table (still available for purchase from the Goblin Merchant)
  • Ring of Superiority added to the drop table as a level 1 item (+1 to all stats)
  • Ring of the Archmagic added to the drop table as a level 4 item (+3 to all stats)

Ranked

• Map vetos have been changed to 3 for all modes

Observer Mode

• Added the option to disable/enable observer mode UI. This is automatically set OFF by default
  • Added click to follow in the observer mode UI by clicking the command card
  • Removed the control panel and moved the command card to the far right, hotkeys for toggling menus are available in the help menu
  • Production bar progress color is now white

Tournaments

• Added additional UI to indicate when the next tournament is

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue that prevented users from creating 512x512 custom maps
  • Fixed an issue where the game would crash when calling BlizHideOriginFrames
3 Likes

Awful. Map vetoes 3? So I’m forced to play the awful champions map that are anti human? Then blizz refuses to buff human? Still buffing orc though.

I’m done, I don’t know why I still check this crap

1 Like

No you are not! Nobody forcing you to play … You can always choose: play or not to play!

For me is ok to have 3 places on blacklist - is ideal.
And what? maps can be anti human? :exploding_head:
Maybe some of them I can call anti-NE -eg. small map with way to big opening, just cannot defend it in time if Human is near and rushing me!

And ye - buff more humans , to make heroes even faster and footies build time even faster or stronger, plus militia - than No chance in early game against HU rush. Oh my…

1 Like

Do you know how much claws nerf and removal of the circlet will affect Blademaster? This hero must have decent items to get value from him. No other hero depends on items as much as BM. If you diceded to nerf them, than you should increase starting agility points of Blademaster and give him more stats per level. He already got heavily nerfed with -2 agi couple patches ago, and later with claws nerf from +6 to +5. Mirror Image is still useless, it doesn’t compensate for significant damage loss at all. It’s one of the most fun heroes to play in this game and it has alredy been nerfed to be the least picked Orc hero.

1 Like

I like that the game is getting patched, but don’t forget that W3 is classic. Things worked well for many years and sometimes no change could be the best decision.

– I’d keep the Level 2 drop table untouched. No need to go for radical changes: removing circlet and reducing claws from +5 to +4.

– I was the mapper who added Ring Superiority to Springtime lvl 1 item drop (sort of a pioneer of the idea). My thoughts after 2 years: it is a decent item in the early game (evens up RNG), but in the late game, it is usually a sell. It is more boring than current +3 stats lvl 1 items. The latter you can use in the late game by using it on a hero with respective main attribute and getting +3 dmg. I recommend not to add the Ring of Superiority to lvl1 item drop.

– Similarly, I don’t see a need in the Ring of Archmagic. Not fun, a plain boost to all stats.

– Reducing headhunter’s hp is still concerning. I’d rather see increase in cost by +5 gold or, alternatively, -1 dmg.

– I’d like to Grubby’s suggestion: reducing Spirit Walker build time (38s) implemented. This will make Totem tech more often played.

– Arcane tower mana feedback is already strong enough. Please buff HU in some other way. Here, again, you can follow Grubby’s suggestion and simply buff arcane’s tower damage by +1. Another popular idea is to increase militia’s time by 2 or 3 seconds.

4 Likes

I do understand your point but I do not agree,
And I have right to reply even if I do not agree.
But I did not say “do not play” and I do not have anything personal against you.
I Just said you always have a choice!

thank you SO much for closing the gap in observermode, making units trackable and the observer mode optional!
super mega happy about those changes

Suggestion: Increase research time of Atept and Master training for Druids of the Talon. For years this strategy has been way too strong against Orc. With current very short research time there is barely any window to punish this strategy that Night Elves can pull off playing extremely greedy.

About item nerfing and interchange some with others, I really do not agree.
Like @SaveOrcas said:

very well pointed !

2 Likes

Thanks for lowering the DPS of DH. However, please bring the activation mana cost of immolation. Being able to turn it on and off without costing anything is too OP. NE will still dominate the game.

2 Likes

I do like the Level 2 drop being modified. Too many matches are decided by lvl 2 drops. W3 is a classic game, but meta and players have evolved; now players know how to get more advantage from good early drops. It is similar to what happened with the tome of xp (but on a minor scale). Maybe it was a fine drop back in 2007. But this was no longer the case on 2010-2012. Or what happened with mana. Mana is much stronger now than 15 years ago. Not because mana is stronger, but players know how to (ab)use it bet Same with claws and circlets. Those drops can decide a game easily. At least on top lvl and at least on MU with a volatile early game. Especially in those MU where low-hp units/heroes like ghouls, foots, hh and archers are heavily involved.

I think a buff for human early game and for human base defence would be nice. Maybe militia duration +4-5s and a militia hp upgrade on t2/t3.

2 Likes

And that’s how you destroy a good hero, because you just listen to some NE haters and not Pro’s or internal balance expert Blizzard employees!
We go back to the times when only option was to play KOTG … spawn treants !

Definitively NOT!
I just told Hu vs NE on small map, HU make fast altar fast hero , 3 footies, In that time NE hero is not half ready , 2 moon wells and 1-2 archers. So HU destroy NE easily.
Now you want even more buff?

Yes, DH is a good hero for NEers. But it is a BAD and imbalanced hero for the game.

1 Like

Demon Hunter Immolation damage reduced from 7/12/18 to 6/11/17.

Less damage burst on level 1 is good. But I feel like the mana cost actually needs a slight reduction now, as the spell is now getting a double nerf (reduced damage and mana efficiency).If damage levels are kept as now, 6.5 mana. If 6/11/16 then one could even do 6 mana.

Huntress Sentinel Research cost reduced from 100g/100w to 50g/50w.

Sure, why not?

Arcane Tower Feedback increased from 12 to 16 on heroes (unit damage unchanged).

Remain unconvinced by this change, especially now that the damage output of DH will be reduced. Arcanes are already good at draining hero mana.

Knight’s Sundering Blades bonus reduced from 15 to 10%.

Fair.

Troll headhunter hit points reduced from 375 to 350.

Still not convinced by this change either. Would strongly prefer a different kind of nerf (damage, attack range etc.). This could even be reverted at the berserker upgrade (partially or wholly) where the fragility of the unit will make it weaker as heroes get stronger.

Tauren Pulverized cost reduced from 225 to 200 175 lumber.

Fair, but probably will not change much. Other changes needed to make Taurens played more often probably (Spirit walkers training time, gold cost for Taurens or the like).

Cannibalization cost reduced from 75 to 50 gold.

Doing this and the other cannibalization change might be a bit too much. Do one or the other.

Cannibalization research time reduced from 30 to 15 seconds.

See above.

Claws of attack +5 damaged reduced to +4.

Fair.

Claws of attack +9 damaged reduced to +8.

Fair.

Potion of Greater Mana reduced from 250 to 200.

Good!

Mana Stone mana granted reduced from 250 to 200

Good!

Wand of Mana Steal reduced from 65 to 60.

Good!

Lighting Shield removed from the item table.

Good!

Circlet Removed from drop table (still available for purchase from the Goblin Merchant)

Good, given +4 change.

Ring of Superiority added to the drop table as a level 1 item (+1 to all stats)

Sure, why not?

Ring of the Archmagic added to the drop table as a level 4 item (+3 to all stats)

Willing to test this. Sounds strong for a level 4 item though.

Other comments:

With a weaker DH in the early game one probably needs to take a closer look at Ne vs Ud going forward. If expo can’t be punished with DH it forces NE back into one-dimensional Keeper meta, which we probably don’t want. A change to Nerub tower’s efficiency, especially against heroes might be the most obvious change one could do .

Oh man these bug fixes are great, thank you kaivax/wc3 team