Warcraft III: Reforged PTR - Version 1.35.0

Thank you very much for still supporting and patching WCIII (Reforged)! This really keeps WCIII fun to play and a hot topic, too.

With regard to bug fixes and the campaigns: There is a bug in Rexxar’s campaign (1st chapter) which prevents players from entering the main map when they want to re-enter it from any of the small areas where one has to fulfill quests (like the goblin cave or the area where we collect shimmerweed). After the loading screen you get to see the map without mobs and the game just doesn’t load.

Will you address this bug too in the (near) future?

I’d really like to complete the campaign before I play online. Afaik there is no workaround as of today.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Is there no intent to fix these native events that were rendered unusable in 1.33? There are custom maps with huge development efforts that were rendered unplayable on the live game because of this change.

FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_ENTER - infinite enter loop
FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_LEAVE - infinite exit loop
FRAMEEVENT_MOUSE_UP - does not register on custom frames

Love the anti magic shell change. Does not seems reasonable for a tier 2 spell to not have counter play (also cause it was op). I also love the lich nerf. Maybe dark ritual also needs a nerf at lvl 2 and 3.

yes it is great. You rarely see player use anti magic shell, now you will never see it. And you will never see UD player except Happy and 120. By the way, Happy will still win 99% of the game.

1 Like

UD player just switch to other race, or delete this game. I switch to ORC and everything is easier, more wins rate, and this is still 1.34. And let random player have nightmare when they see themselves as UD LOL

1 Like

This is better than before, but I still don’t know why seige engines are being changed at all. Their whole point was being able to delete bases if you don’t go back to stop them (ideally with siege damage of your own). The tradeoff is they don’t attack regular units. Seige engines are a gamble because they don’t contribute to your regular army, they only destroy buildings (for the most part). I personally think that all siege engine changes should be reverted, but this is better than the original changes.

1 Like

AOE spell dmg < Single target spell dmg. It is a reasonable rule of balance in this game. What does Frost Nova do?

Storm Bolt 100/200/300

Frost Nova 150/200/250 or 145/190/235

Storm Bolt lvl 1 = 100 dmg Single target spell

Frost Nova lvl 1 = 150 or 145 after nerf dmg AOE spell

150/145 > 100

AOE > Single target

Death Coil 100/200/300

Frost Nova 150/200/250 or 145/190/235

Death Coil lvl 1 = 100 dmg Single traget spell

Frost Nova lvl 1 = 150 or 145 after nerf dmd AOE spell

150/145 >100

AOE > sigle traget

Obviuously Frost Nova on level 1 is too good vs single target, because:

1. It is AOE spell

2. You can cast it from 800 Range

3. Have CC effect

4. Have instant animation

Basic damage for single target spells is 100.

My suggetion:

Frost Nova lvl 1 target damage 50 nova damage 50

Frost Nova lvl 2 target damage 75 nova damage 100

Frost Nova lvl 3 targe damage 100 nova damage 150

Now Frost nova lvl 1 will do 100 damage vs single target, still good for aoe spell. 100 damge is a basic damage for single target spells on lvl 1.

Storm Bold lvl 1 100 dmg

Frost Nova lvl 1 100 dmg

AOE = Single Target still IMBA)))

1 Like

1 more suggestions
change 12 unit selection cap at once. make it 14 units maybe ?
mass gargs ghouls would be easier to control

4 Likes

dont know what you are babbeling, but you compare INT heros with STR heros and also you use whatever comparison is fitting in your argumentation to justifie what you want, also couting out the heavy manacost for frost nova.

2 Likes

There will be no UD player once 1.35 is out.
Suggest whatever you want, but you can’t take advantage when nobody play UD.

1 Like

These comparisons aren’t really valid.

First, storm bolt damage is higher at lv3. Second, storm bolt also stuns, which is a more powerful debuff than the slow.

Death coil also heals for 2x the damage.

There’s more to all of these skills than just the raw damage. Frost nova is also being cast by a squishy caster hero, while storm bolt and death coil are being used by tougher heroes.

2 Likes

that would be great!

1. I talk about Frost nova lvl 1
  2. Frost Nova also have CC effect and it is aoe, it means that u can cc group of units, u can counter Strom Bold using invul, u can’t counter Frost Nova couse of Instant animation, also range of frost nova is 800, Storm Bolt 600

It means benefit of Death Coil is x2 of it’s damage capability, when u are using it for healing. Benefit of aoe spell is a multiplication of numer of targets and damage capability of the spell. It means benefit of Frost Nova is depends on quantity of targets and it can be x2 x3 x4 x5 that is why aoe spell have damage cap like Fan of Knives have the damage cap of 190 * 5 = 850. Does Frost Nova have damage cap? Imagine NE players will use Fan of Knives on one unit only, or OC players will use Shock Wave on one unit only, or Human plyayers will use Thunder Clamp on one unit, like UD players use Frost Nova against single target (Coil Nova hero focus). It will be a really rude mistake for NE, OC, Human players but not for UD.

Melee heroes have more hp then ranged and Int heroes have more mana then Strength heroes, |melee hero hp > ranged hero hp| it is fair rule of balance in this game, same situation in Dota

in general changes look at least interesting, here is my feedback on imo 2 biggest issues:

1. Immolation is too cheap and too strong on lvl1

With 10 damage per 0.5s interval, at lvl1 it deals 20 dmg per second for a cost of 5 mana per second, it is too cheap and too much damage, especially on such a strong fighting hero. AOE is small, but it is still too much damage. Most spells scale somewhat like 1:2:3

I suggest damage adjustment to something like 8/15/22 or 7/14/21 per 0.5s interval
And at least reverting mana cost to 7 per second, maybe this change intended to make cost 10 mana per second, but due to tick/second discrapency it went wrong

1. Circlet of Nobility

Toggling is clunky, I spoke to some ppl and most don’t like it

I suggest making Circlet give +1 to all stats and additionally +1 to damage and +1 to armor making it all round item

2 Likes

I really like this idea.

1 Like

Fix the freaking FPS Problem caused since 1.33

1 Like

The moment you typed how much DMG Storm Bolt does and clearly you typed wrong figures shows that you are either a complete newbie or highly biased person, that don’t help your case anyway.

Second UD doesn’t have a single DISABLE, and it’s pretty much the only race that lacks this.
While Orc have what exactly ? Stomp, Hex, Ensnare, Purge, and Purge from the Orb, which is the most OP effect any race can have. 30% which is HUGE, especially on BM or a Hero that have stacked with AS items. It’s literally disable the unit, and it’s slow for a HUGE 15 seconds. Which Doctors Statis Trap also provide stun, but not used in most case scenarios.

Ensnare is the most OP ability, and work on both ground and Air Units, cost extremely low 50/75 and last for huge amount of time 9/3 seconds, and have just 15 secs CD, on top that Rider has a base of 350 MS.

Just compare it to the Fiends, Fiends cost way more, and Web Cost 150/150 alone, and Fiends speed is just 270MS.

How are you supposed to chase Units and kill them with UD ??? Explain it to me, if Nova is not as strong ?
UD units are all trash. The only good thing about UD was the synergy you are getting with DK+Lich+statues. They have strong synergy on their hero, but all of their heroes have absolutely trash Ultimate, which also diminish them greatly and put them in a huge disadvantage in very late game, where you and your opponent are on 6+ levels.

So trying to compare Lich and Frost Nova to other spells is beyond stupid.

You first need to look at the race, before compare it.

Nova is strong, cause it’s need to be strong. And it doesn’t need to be touched. If anything UD needs a solid disable and better units. On top of that UD both Lich and DK needs Ult complete rework and give them a solid ultimates.

Also UD anti-air is complete garbage, especially vs Orc, so nerfing Nova means UD will be even more sh***** in that department.

Also UD and HU are the only race, where they have just 1 hero with 320 MS.

Elf for example have all of their heroes on 320 MS from the get going. Orc have all their heroes except for the TC at 320MS. TS is on 290, but he had aura that gives bonus to AS and MS. It’s pretty much send him to 320 at lvl 1 aura.

Try to argue with any of that.

P.P. Stop with that AOE nonsense. AOE of Nova is 200, it will barely hit anything over 1, 2(units at best), and they literally needs to be stacked next to each other. There is a thing called micro in that game, if you can’t micro your units and spread them out, it’s your problem, not a game design flaw.

Warden has 3x super strong DMG ability, you can’t compare it to the Lich.
Firstable you can play Warden solo, go try that with the Lich, you will lose every single game. Secondable Warden is a physical beast and it’s a high Attack Speed and high DMG hero, on of his OP spells. Thirdly he have high armor. And fourthly Warden starts with 320MS(highest for starter heroes), compare to 290 on the Lich.
Fifthly you will hit more units and will do more damage with Fan of Knives, cause it’s a huge AOE spells, aka 400/450/475 AOE, and you just need go to your opponent army and spam it.

Sixthly Warden Shadow Strike at Lvl 3 Does 225 initial damage + 45 damage every 3 seconds for 15 seconds of total + 50% slow.
Shadow Strike + Fan of Knives is a 415 initial Damage + 225 more damage from the DMG over time + 50% slow …
Warden 2 Ability alone sh***** both on Coil lvl 3 and Nova Lvl 3.

1 Like

Dear Blizzard & community.

I would like to adress few other issues with balance.

As we all know, the best static defence goes to NE, fighting buildings which with they can start creep before even hero arrives on the battlefield and moonwells. There are few ideas for further nerfs to Night Elves.

• decreased regeneration rate of moonwells, (or)
  • add cooldown to a unit or hero who just used moonwell (3-5 sec.) (One moonwell, cooldown, second moonwell) It would help players push into NE base at night. (or)
  • at least remove the moonstone item
  • move staff of teleportation to T3.

For now that’s it. Please take it into consideration.

Take care,
FK

Hello again gentlemen,

I am writing agian because I would like to write you down my conclusions why I think NE requires more nerfs.

As I mentioned earlier, best static defensive system goes to NE, why so?

Moonwells and fighting trees don’t mean economy loss.
For example:

• human; if you call milita, you can lose milita of course and tone of mining time;
  • orc; if you want to hide your peons in the burrow, well done, you saved the peons and lost a tone of mining time
  • undead; has a strong base, we all know but to save acolyte you have to micro a lot and good for you if defences are near by, ghouls / dk with coil.
  • elf; wisps safe in the mine, moonwells, even if opponent somehow manage to bring wisp to low hp elf can just detonate it - you’re not gaining any xp + it takes hell of time longer to kill a wisp (with moonwell) than any other acolyte,peons,peasants*. Elf does not take any economic loss while trying to save its worker.
    And their T2 is cheap.

and one more thing

• Warden spirits of vengeance should be killable. It’s actualy SICK that they are invulnerable

*extremely easy

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Glad we agree. But casters, attributed to their vulnerability, generally do more damage with skills where melee characters do more damage with regular attacks.

UD doesn’t have a single disable? What? Sleep is a disable, The knockup the beetle guy thing has is a disable.

1 Like