Warcraft III: Reforged PTR - Version 1.35.0

To Whoever is now is charge,

Thank you for listening to the community. B2W, the Chinese scene and others have kept this game alive for the last 10+ years. It’s a beautiful game and changes like these keep it innovative and interesting.

1 Like

nice work!

please never post ur nonesense nightelve propaganda ever again. you have absolutely NO clue what you are talking about and people said this to you docent of times in the past years, whether its on discord, here or anywhere else. what you suggest is absolutely laughable.

Its unbelieveable that you still do this for literally years …

3 Likes

Iam just here to give some to thanks to dev team and also blizz. Although things werent obv not perfect with reforged and everything. The afford for the new patch and aspecially the very quick changes made it through on ptr this week are much apreciated i think! Things finally are coming in motion again, i hope its lasting development. Thanks and merry Xmas everyone!

“Blizzard, can you show me on this doll where Tanks hurt you?”

Seriously, why do you hate them.

Also:

• Headhunters do need a nerf (cost/dmg/range), too easy to mass, and its not the wood cost that should be increased
  • Nova costs 125 mana, it should deal a lot of dmg. I’d rather target the slow effect (same with nerub/main slow)
  • Buff human more? Maybe also nerf some stuff then, knights are too good for their value, now they can come out with these extra hp without blocking barracks hmpf
1 Like

Aside from balance changes, Please fix FPS Bug that is causing mouse delay and low FPS on devices with hybrid GPU (Nvidia + Intel) and game just prefers using Intel GPU in SD mode

this is the way :+1:

1 Like

Well, so far this patch heat up the community which is quite cool recently. But very appreciate your effort, you guy is the best!

BTW
I like the way you are addressing the problems of HU and resold it, but Siege Engine now can attack, does it necessary? and how about making more viable choice for the first Hero, I think you still missing this. Paladin is the best candidate but he needs to survive early … add HP, mana, speed. or buff some indirect damage for him, like increasing percent of damage from holy light to UD (50% to 60% for example)

1 Like

This feedback is based on top level meta only. Some changes might be impractical in lower level play, in which case please correct me.

I did not include changes which I already agree with and have no particular comment on.

Here we go:

Altar Heroes

Gold cost reduced from 425 to 400 on all altar heroes.

• This should NOT be applied on your 1st hero of the game.
  • This is a good change applying a small penalty on buying a tavern hero which requires no training duration. But perhaps not enough. I’d make it 450 for a tavern hire.

Tavern Revive cost increased by 5% at all levels.

• Good direction, since the time cost for altar revive is too great. But I think reducing altar revive duration on all levels by 10-20% would be a better change.

My suggestions:

• Dark Ranger - the synergy of this hero with the Lich is too strong. Increase mana cost for Black Arrow to 8, decrease Dark Minion HP on lvl 2 to feed less mana to the lich.
  • Fire Lord - increase strength, this hero is too fragile for most matchups. Increase soul burn damage, and decrease mana cost for lava spawn.
  • Naga - Increase mana cost for cold arrow.
  • Panda - Drunken Brawler should not last long enough for two breaths of fire. Improve Drunken Brawler at lvl 2 though.

Orc

Blademaster Mirror images damage increased from 10 to 25% of the Blademaster’s base damage.

• Exciting change, this will potentially create new builds and tactics which could be OP. The sweet spot could be around 15% I think.

Witch Doctor Healing Wards increased from 5 to 10 HP.

• If the idea is to make the ward harder to kill this needs to be 20-30 hp. If we are to ever see this spell at high level it should be an adept training spell with a shorter duration and lower mana cost instead.

Stasis Trap activation delay reduced from 9 to 7 seconds.

• Make this the master training spell instead of healing ward and then give it better utility. Perhaps a smaller stun effect with a shorter activation time.

Brute Strength bonus increased from 100 to 150 HP.

• I think a speed bonus would be a better change. Keep it at 100HP but add an extra 10-20 ms bonus to this upgrade.

My suggestions:

• Make taurens more accessible by either lower cost or reduced training time. I’d rather see Taurens get a nerf but become cheaper, so they get some play.
  • Reduce spirit walker adept training cost and research time. It is often too slow and expensive to reach that first walker.
  • Solve both of these by lowering the cost and construction time for Tauren Totem.
  • Improve Burning Oil.
  • Bats Unstable Concoction should improve with Ranged Weapons upgrade at the Lumber Mill. In which case start out with lower damage at first. Something like 500/600/700/800. (currently it is 600)

Human

Siege Engine armor changed from heavy to medium.

• Medium armor is a much smarter choice than heavy (the original change), as most normal damage stems from melee units like grunts/ghouls/knights etc. I think increasing the attack range just a tiny bit would do this unit some good making them less clumsy.

Staff of Sanctuary cost reduced from 250 to 200.

• This item already pays for itself after saving just one knight. If we are to keep this change, make the healing slower to balance it out.

Orb of Fire damage from +7 to +10.

• Not a bad change though I’m not a fan of the HU orb concept in general. What if it had a small mana draining effect instead? Would be a huge help against UD for example.

Peasant HP increased from 230 to 240.

• I think there are better solutions that can be made to prevent hard peasant losses. (I have some in my suggestions)

Siphon Mana Drain rate reduced from 15/30/45 to 15/25/40.

• Good change, but the hero is a bit weak. I suggest giving some small stat buffs and decreasing flame strike cast delay.

Mechanical Critter sight ranged increased from 350 to 500.

• Good change, but we need to remove the obvious “tell”, which is that you can right click it. Make it blend in like a neutral critter.

Siege Engine can now attack units.

• This is not in the spirit of the siege engine and I don’t think you can balance this unit to a state where it is still effective as a siege unit while also viable in a fight. This unit should NOT be a fighting unit because it is too clumsy and will slow down the HU army too much.

Siege Engine barrage damage increased from 14 to 16.

• Good change, could become a viable solution against destroyers and Gryphons. (Does not contradict my previous point if the range is long enough)

Mass Teleport Cooldown increased from 20 to 30 seconds.

• Good direction, but not enough. When they initially made the game they probably didn’t foresee just how strong this spell is and how abusive it can be.

My suggestions:

• Increase Priest HP and the dispel range. Make them start with more mana.

• Make footmen defend upgrade less effective but reduce the MS debuff.

• To help solve HU vs UD problem I suggest improving guard towers (armor and damage) while increasing their construction time. This will make them harder to execute offensively (vs NE) but make them more effective defensively (vs UD)

• Arcane Tower should burn less mana but do significantly more damage to summons. It should be able to kill a rod skeleton in 3-4 hits.

• Increase peasant MS (not militia)

• I don’t know if it’s possible but decreasing the size of riflemen hitbox (to the same size as spellbreakers) would solve a lot of problems for HU. Riflemen take too much space, making the whole army clumsy and slow.

• Another “fantasy change” would be to allow up to 2 peasants to hide inside a farm. This would help a lot and create interesting tactics.

• Increase paladin MS, nerf divine shield. Give paladin +2 strength.

Night Elf

Druid of the talon crow form now does piercing damage.

• This is a huge change which could potentially break some matchups. I think this would give NE a complete air dominance vs UD with a combination of Fairies, Hippos and Talons. Adding Chimaeras to seal the deal. I hope this will not make it out of the PTR.

Starfall mana cost reduced from 200 to 150 mana.

• Probably because the only time there’s a lvl 6 POTM there’s also a high lvl DH with mana burn so I understand this.

Entangle duration on units reduced from 9/18/30 to 8/16/24.

• Level 1 should stay as it was but level 2 change is good. An early lvl 3 KOTG vs ORC is too strong forcing orcs to basically camp inside or next to their base until they have shamans.

Thorn Aura increased from 0.1/0.2/0.3 to 0.15/0.30/0.45.

• A lot of people say this is too much but I think someone in the community has demonstrated that this Aura has never worked in accordance with its numbers and is actually weaker in reality, which is why it is so bad. (Similar to how Glaive Throwers were not working correctly for almost two decades).

Ultravision now requires tier 2.

• I think a higher cost would be better. 150 gold is good.

My suggestions:

• Remove Orb of Venom stack effect.
  • Give Warden a little extra strength, she is too fragile against UD nuke.
  • Increase KOTG strength gain per level by +1. He is too easy to nuke in the late game.
  • Give Dryads +1 base armor or increase their damage a little. Dryads are a staple unit for NE and are currently too weak. Without dryads the bear strategies also fall out of favor. We want to see less mass air in NE vs UD and less mass T1 in NE vs ORC. Making dryads more viable is a good solution.
  • Anti magic potion should be undispellable, which would help NE against UD.
  • Nerf Marksmanship to +3. This upgrade is too strong in NE vs ORC

Undead

Haunted Goldmine build time increased from 100 to 120 seconds.

• I would rather make the Nerubian tower slightly weaker, perhaps lowering the MS effect from 50% to 25%.

Obsidian Statue spirit touch mana restore reduced from 3 to 2.

• I think the same should be done to the healing effect as well.

Anti-Magic Shield can now receive the same summon magic damage inflicted by dispel, purge, and abolish magic.

• I think this will make banshees not viable anymore. I suggest making the Anti-Magic Shell weaker from 300 to 200 instead.

Animated Dead corpses can now be killable and have disease cloud if researched.

• Good, but I agree with Grubby that the disease cloud should be by default.

Disease cloud reduced from 90 to 75 seconds.

• I would even lower it to 30 seconds but increase the tick damage instead.

My suggestions:

• Gargs should get 10 HP buff.
  • Statue - disable the ability to toggle heal and mana with just one statue. Using one should invoke a cooldown on both spells.
  • Ritual dagger should be a HP and Mana regen item for the hero only, similar to how dark ritual works but over time. UD is the only race without clarities and as long as dark ritual and statues get nerfed I think this would be a nice change.
  • Statues should start with less mana and have a smaller mana capacity.
  • Crypt lord was overnerfed, improve impale and spiked carapace or make it cost less mana. Improve the ultimate.
  • Dreadlord could be reworked into an agility hero, or have his agility buffed significantly.
  • Increase mana cost for Death coil to 85. With ritual dagger change perhaps even be more.
  • Reduce Frost nova slow effect on level 3.
  • Necromancers - frenzy should not drain HP.
  • Frost wyrm - reduce gold cost to 350.
  • Boneyard - reduce lumber and gold cost.
  • Acolytes should have some form of protection when mining gold. I think 50% spell dmg reduction would be healthy.

Items

Wand of Illusion reduced from 3 to 2 charges.

• Much needed change. I also think that all damage spells should instantly kill the illusions, the same way hex does.

Wand of Mana increases mana steal from 50 to 75.

• This item was in a good place. As Remo pointed out: the only item in that tier that stands out is Greater Mana, which is OP. Nerf that one instead of trying to make another item OP to match it.

Circlet stats reduced from +2 to all stats to 1/1/2 but players can click to toggle the item to add an additional 1 stat to any attribute.

• This is not practical, in WC3 you might have more than 5 circlets at the same time spread out over 3 heroes. It will be too much clicking on circlets. Instead, make it so the +1 extra stat goes to the hero’s primary attribute.

More suggestions:

• Zeppelin - units that are over 3 supply should take 2 unit slots. This would make bear doom drops harder and more costly to execute (one would need 2 zeppelin for the same amount of bears as it is currently) Zeppelin MS should also be lowered. Staff of Preservation and Staff of Sanctuary should not work on Zeppelins.

• Healing scrolls should cost more or get nerfed, they’ve become overused to the point where getting the scrolls is the deciding factor of a matchup. This is not healthy for the game. We should instead try to make races less dependent on scrolls.

• Make it harder to item snipe creep camps. For example by making the item carry much tankier than the rest of the creeps and don’t allow them to be lured too far from the camp. All red camp “item carry” should be magic immune as well.

• Creeps in general should do more damage, which would promote more active play instead of creeping the map as the penalty of getting creep jacked would be more severe. It is generally too easy to get lvl 3 hero early on as well.

That’s my two cents basically.

2 Likes

Immolation is still strong vs human peasants and ghouls. Need to nerf its damage or duration by about 30%. Anti-Magic-Shield damaging is not coming from UD destroyers.
Would love if you revert tanks’ armor type back as it was in the previous patch. Headhunters are too cheap in gold. Could be good if they cost 150 gold as medium value. Thx!

2 Likes

Hi, good that you guys are working on the game.

A few really annoying bugs that need addressing:

• When a custom game is hosted and a player slot changes (for example with someone joining, someone switching positions, closing/opening slots) the chat de-selects. This makes typing aids, especially when someone switches slots often.

• When you swap a player and you type !swap x y, with y a space bar, the game unhosts. If you swap yourself (by !swap 7 7 for example) the game also unhosts. This only happens when mistyping but result is very annoying and should really not occur.

• The chat in lobby doesn’t always update, which means that you often have to select the chat and scroll down yourself to be up to date to the chat. This is very annoying. I only tried this in the small chat window, not the big window, but I don’t think many ppl use the big window anyway.

These bugs have already been here for 2-3 patches, plz fix them.

changes look very good after the latest update :slight_smile:
amazing job blizzard, keep it going.

Feedback for 1.35.0 on 16th December:

Undead

• Ghoul Frenzy change reverted no longer gives 30 HP bonus.
  • Lich Frost Nova Damage reduced from 50/100/150 to 45/90/135.
  • Haunted Goldmine build time increased from 100 to 120 seconds.
  • Death Knight’s animated dead corpses are no longer dispellable.
  • Obsidian Statue spirit touch mana restore reduced from 3 to 2.

So somehow we went from Ghoul buffs to allow more variety and maybe even make Dreadlord first viable to nothing. Instead, UD got only nerfs in practice. Animate Dead makes no difference.

Animate Dead is so rare. Yes the buff is appreciated, but where are buffs to Ghouls and Dreadlord now? Or buffs for Necromancers? Or Buffs to make Frost Wyrms more accessible?

The Obsidian statue nerfs, the disease cloud nerfs and most importantly the frost nova nerfs all at once are severe.

How can you justify such severe nerfs when you are lessening the Troll Berserker nerfs and adding even more buffs for Orc? Its not justified.

This round of changes is extremely dissapointing. This is kicking UD while all other races receive new options. And for what exactly? UD is still the only race without Dispel on T2. Its still the only race without good melee units, which Ghouls would have been on t3. Orc gets to keep their overpowered Headhunters. Yet it is Undead which receive the biggest nerfs.

The rework on Tanks is a nice idea. But where are reworks for Necromancers? All UD can build on T2 are statues and those are getting nerfed again!

I really hope you will keep the 30 HP buff on Ghouls, add a rework for Necromancers and find a way to make Dreadlord viable with melee UD units. It was fun seeing Ghouls finally be used. But if these changes go through Ghouls without 30 bonus HP will just die against NE and Orc.

Also no one is buildign Crypt Lord anymore after several nerfs in a row. Why is UD not allowed unit and hero variety?

2 Likes

When I open the game I still don’t have the feel I play Warcraft III.

• I believe that the menu lacks the feel of the original Reign of Chaos. The Infernal Meteors need to re-appear in the menu screen, at least when, during the campaign, the Legion arrives. It will give a sense that the world has changed.
  • I also believe that the Icecrown background menu needs to appear when Arthas becomes the Lich King.
  • Then we must have the possibility to choose which menu background we want, like in Starcraft II.
2 Likes

I’m really glad Blizzard is back in Warcraft 3 again.
I love that they want to balance the game, I play with HU and the truth is that they are far below the other races.
I also think that if they want to improve the w3r product they should put emphasis on improving the servers, playing with +250ms does not generate a good experience.

This revision will (maybe) bring some balance to the game, but it will only be played on the W3Champions platform, there I play with 50ms and the community loves w3.

Thanks for not forgetting us!

I tried it, it has 55 base damage

Thanks Blizzard for giving the Game some attention. It really deserves some love as it’s my favorite game overall and over all these years. Please don’t get discouraged by unconstructive criticism. I nearly gave up hope myself that you would care about WC3, sothis really makes me happy. It’s not perfect. But it is an absolute giant step for us playing and enjoying Warcraft. Thank you

3 Likes

So happy for these expected patches and improvements! W3 is an inmortal game, I always come back with my friends to play some games and talk about the best strategics for each race, or teach other friends that want to improve thear skills playing W3.

I want to take advance this moment to say that we need new servers to W3, we always play in W3 Champions, because on their servers we get 50 ms, instead of blizzard server we get 250 ms. Until blizzard dont add new servers, players continue play on W3C servers.

For the alliance!

2 Likes

It has 45-55 damage without upgrades. 44 base damage and 1 die with 11 sides.

4 Likes

True, I had misunderstood. Thanks for correcting me!

2 Likes

Orc players must be feeling so excited about the new patch because the game designer basically follows 90% of Grubby’s proposal and mistakenly believes that he is neutral. There are a few points I would like to make:

1. Even 10% damage is too much for Mirror Image, 25% is just stupidly crazy. If 10% is implemented eventually, it should be accompanied by some nerfs such as higher mana cost and it should give some experience.
  2. One bladestorm can destroy bases and expansions and unlike earthquake and tornado, there is no counter other than killing the BM. Please reconsider before buffing bladestorm cooldown.
7 Likes