Warcraft III Reforged Modding Tools

Hello. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, but I heard Game Producer Mr. Stillwell said there will be a modding tools to help modding community to release better models needed for custom games. Perhaps we can use similar scripts for 3ds Max like _https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft_III_Art_Tools way back in the past?

Would be nice if we have modern model file types like .obj .max .3ds .blend .fbx and so on. Files like .mdx and .mdl are way too old and new models with higher polygons are either impossible to convert to mdx/mdl type files or very hard to do so.

Import editor custom models, images, sound files shouldn’t cause map problems. I’m sure these were suggested too, but we haven’t heard anything yet. I don’t mind if I have to make a purchase about these tools. Its worth the money if they help me bring new models with higher polygons. The tools are important since they aid map makers to build their maps with better quality

1 Like

So yes, they are giving us the tools they use to make the models. Exactly what tools they are using and what kind of file types they support, is unknown for now.

2 Likes

I wonder where those tool, I didn’t saw them.