Warcraft 3: RoC + TFT

Where the hell did they go? All I can install is this new fangled crap and I’m trying to find the old installer. Is the only way to play wc3 to go through some hacky 3rd party website now? Lol.

You have a few options:

1. You use the CDs themselves and install the patches manually (I’d also suggest blocking the game’s executable in your firewall so you can’t update it by accident if you go that route)
  2. You download the installers from this thread → Classic Warcraft III --- Official Installers - Official Patches ← and patch manually again.
  3. You find the installers from another website and patch manually, usually those sites have the patches somewhere in there as well.
1 Like

RoC and TFT were merged together and then turned into Reforged. Reforged in theory contains the content from both of them although due to development issues some features like ladder and custom campaigns are missing as well as their being some issues with multiplayer custom map synchronisation stability.

As long as you have a RoC CD key attached to your BattleNet account you can access the classic mode of Reforged.

Also consider that they censored/changed some funny parts of the old classic, so, I suggest you to install the game from the old cds. The farther you stay from reforged the better it is…

2 Likes

The Warcraft community lived in peace and harmony, but then, the activision attacked…

2 Likes

Hard to say that given that old versions had arbitrary code execution exploits, and tons of ways to crash them that ironically Reforged did fix (it broke other things).

I think that there is not even enough attention to the game for finding new exploits^^

1 Like

Yes however old versions of Warcraft III have known exploits, especially before the initial type cast exploit was fixed. If enough people were to move to such far away version then it could become attractive to hackers as easy prey.

1 Like

I guess the problem now is rather than reforged to be exploitable, it is the need of 3rd party programs for replacing the missing features. I know that they are outside the control sphere of Blizzard, but, anyway, you add and install stuff at your own risk.
A risk that should not be taken if everything worked properly…