Warcraft 3 Reforged Freezes 1 in 10 times when saving MAC OSX

Warcraft 3 Reforged Freezes 1 in 10 times when saving manually or if a checkpoint is reached. The game saved chevrons never expand to state the game has saved or checkpoint is reached and you have to force quit and start again. I am using an iMac 2015, 4Ghz i7, 32MB Memory and AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB card.

5 Likes

This also happened to me at least before the patch. I’ll check it with the new patch this weekend.

1 Like

Also seeing this as well as freezing when NPCs use invulnerability (I think). Also on Mac 2015 but lower quality machine:

1 Like

I’m having the same (awfully frequent!) freezing issues whenever a checkpoint / autosave is reached during Campaign mode. I’m using a MacBook Pro 2018, 16 Gb memory, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. It would be fantastic if this could be resolved in a future patch! Thank you in advance!

1 Like

(Copy paste from my tech-support post. Seems relevant in this thread as well)

Hey Blizzard, same problems for me. Experienced lots of freezes and crashes (10+) on a MacBook pro 2019 16 inch. Had to force reboot my laptop a few times because my computer freezed completely. This happened during campaign missions at random, playing cinematics or when pausing / saving the game.

Besides this, I experienced few times problems with save games which disappeared or where not the latest save when loading them again.

Also I experienced a very low framerate / stuttering main menu which I believe is a known issue. The game itself has a decent framerate.

MacOS Catalina 10.15.3.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M
VRAM (Total): 4 GB
1 Like

Had freezes on iMac - it was the result of an APP used called “MemoryFreer” - which was pretty good up to now… however, it caused ingame and saving freezes (usually every 30-60 minutes). So, suggest you disable APPs to see if that is causing your problems… Thanks to Blizzard Help Desk for identifying the startup APP as a potential cause!

1 Like

Same issue. I quick save often in the campaign. About 1 in 20 times, the game will freeze with the yellow diamond up (that diamond usually animates into two half-pieces with “game saved” in between). I have to cmd+tab, then cmd+opt+esc to force quit.

The even more frustrating side effect is that usually, the Quick Save file is missing when I reboot the game, so if I rely on quicksave, which overrides itself each time, there’s a good chance I’ll have to start the level over when this bug hits.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac18,3
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 24 GB
1 Like

Same here, since the first day of Reforged. Sometimes freeze and/or broken save diamond animation. Only killing the game helps and progress is gone. Very frustrating.

Modellname: MacBook Pro
Modell-Identifizierung: MacBookPro13,3
Prozessortyp: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,7 GHz
Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1
Gesamtanzahl der Kerne: 4
L2-Cache (pro Kern): 256 KB
L3-Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technologie: Aktiviert
Speicher: 16 GB
1 Like

I was informed by support that there are issues with the AMD drivers and there is nothing Blizzard can do about it.

Yet this information is not in the known issues thread. I wonder why that is if Blizzard knows that a number of Mac users cannot play this game at all.

3 Likes

Still happening in March 2021. At auto-save checkpoints or when manually saving, there’s a chance the <> graphic will spin and get stuck, in which case the game must be force-quit and restarted to resolve it. Any progress since the last successful save will be lost.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, please fix it! I had to restart all my campaign progress in another Windows computer, because I don’t like to see my computer freezing all the time.

1 Like

Issue still exist in the latest version. I have to say that it doesn’t look related to AMD drivers, I have M1 chip, bug also appeared on my previous intel-based MacBook with integrated graphics.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen this happen in 1.33 yet, but it happened a lot in 1.32.9.

One way to trigger it was to manually do a quick save just before or after an auto-save, cut scene, or quest update.

So doing saves when the game is quiet helped me save successfully.