Warcraft 3 Freezing / Crashing

I Know the game is the “frozen throne” but I don’t think it should freeze the screen while I’m playing.

Happened 2x today. Music keeps playing but the mac totally frozes and cant quit the application. Had to force restar twice.

It is an early 2019 MacBook pro i5 13 inch display. What should I do, heat in the microwave to unfroze?

Thanks

3 Likes

It sounds like you may be experiencing a technical issue with your MacBook. I am not a Mac user, but operating system process termination commands should generally always work – especially if you are on a Unix-like system such as a Mac where you probably have a kill -9 command. So, if your computer hardware and/or underlying operating system is malfunctioning, and cannot exit processes, then any number of other things might go wrong with the Warcraft III game and there would be nothing Blizzard could do for you.

Have you tried the MacBook forums?

There’s actually a memory leak in the menu caused by BlizzardBrowser.exe, and you’re forced to restart the game once in a while to clear that up, I’ve noticed that on some machines it’s extremely slow to clog up your memory, but on mine it fills up 32gb of ram in under a minute. It really depends on your setup but the background/menu of wc3 reforged is awful, there’s been plenty of reports of it leaking and no real patches for this since reforged has been released…

Fellow mac user here. Totally the same issue, random freezes all the time. I found this thread but Blizzard never replied: Warcraft 3 Reforged Freezes 1 in 10 times when saving MAC OSX