Ultrawide list of bugs

Hello, i’m here writing this post with the hope to centralize all Ultrawide issues in one post for better visibility to the devs, i’m playing the game on a 32:9 monitor but according to other users this will be useful also for 21:9 aspect ratio players.

v1.32.1
Main Menu

• the start menu of the game is in 16:9 ratio and completely decentered to the right side of the monitor /i.imgur.com/DeSvndZ.png

• only borderless window mode makes the game actually fullscreen, fullscreen won’t even allow you to change resolution

Campaign

• empty portrait text box
  • subtitles are entirely missing
  • avatar talking head icon is out of frame borders
  • name of the person who is talking is entirely missing aswell
  • some backgrounds are stretched (Iike the loading screen map when you load a level)

/i.imgur.com/yprzkPj.png

Exodus of the Horde
Chasing Visions

• the screen is just black during Medivh’s vision to Thrall

I’m truly not interested in a refund or anything i want to simply be able to enjoy my game with updated graphics, i will update this list with the more issues i find over the time.

If you have any ultrawide resolution monitor (even a 21:9) please do write here your list of bugs with reports and screenshots if possible! let’s make a megathread so that the issues can be addressed all in one place!

would be very glad if mods could pin this

4 Likes

Great stuff!

Made this before I saw your topic:

1 Like

oh thank you very much! gonna add your report to the main post!

Mind telling me campaign name and chapter name if possible please?

Actualy any and all of the missions in the Prologue Campaign and probably the rest as well. Done some starting human missions and after some testing it’s clearly “Fullscreen Windowed” being the reason to the dialog text disappearing.

1 Like

Nice summary, I hope this thread gains some traction so these things can be fixed!

I confirm that none of the problems in this list has been addressed with patch 1.32.1, updated the main post to reflect this.

I spent the better part of two hours with my X34 Acer Ultrawide & Nvidia scaling options to try and get around this issue. Absolutly no luck.

Can we at least get a blue post to confirm if this problem is being looked into…!!!

1 Like

Yeah exactly, is anyone even looking into this issue? i see blue-posts on every issue except these ones, especially since it’s not even on the “known issues”

Yea can’t see that stuff on the known list…
On 21:9 you get max res of 1900x1200 and sure with windowed mode you get lovely scaled up content. War3Preferences.txt seems to do nothing, it’s just sad.
I would like to replay the campaign but I don’t want to offend my eyes and gaming rig :triumph:

i’m too tired tonight but tomorrow i’ll make an in-depth analysis of the new ultrawide fixes. Apparently they did fix the in-game issues even if the main menu is still completely skewered and ugly

1 Like