This beta version graphics is final version?

2018 blizzcon version is fantastic

perfect grahics

but now beta version graphics is so disapointed

if this beta version graphics is final version

i want refund

where is gone 2018 blizzcon version graphics

27 Likes

I doubt it’s final, as this undead patch cleaned up a lot of the visuals for when the first beta released. The first beta was REALLY raw, looking almost like an Alpha.

Polish is one of the final steps–The beta we have is more than likely NOT the same version of the game that Blizzard is working on. They’re just using it to find and fix bugs.

5 Likes

Just a beta, bro, its still early!

1 Like

“early” with month to release :smiley: , i love you guys saying all the time its just beta… did you ever play a different game beside warcraft and been in other beta versions of games? cus this is NOT how beta looks like , beta doesnt have unfinished animations and stuff like that , beta for online game is stress test most of the times , this ? this is just horrible

9 Likes

Guys,are you okay? Blizzard told us in the beta,and even in the official Trailer that Beta isn’t the same as release version.Stop being toxic

3 Likes

some graphical elements is missing. the night elves for example is still using classic models with new icons.

It’s not because they aren’t finished yet - It’s because they will come out in next week

Well LOTS of special effects on spells, some buildings and units are still entirely missing, so no in that regard, no, this wont be yet how the game will overall look in final version. Also many of the character portrait facial animations are still clearly incomplete or missing entirely. Ofc the game is NOT going to look like “next-gen Warcraft RTS game”, but there is no reason to assume that the final version would look any worse than what they aimed for last year

Overall from what Ive seen how the ported WC3 campaign maps (not the Reforged ones obviously) look like in Reforged, Im already quite happy with the look of the game. So Im not worried about that, my only worry is do they have enough time to really polish out everything by end of the year, especially with the character portrait animations cause like said those are still either entirely missing or look very clumsy/cheap.

1 Like

i said that they were missing, not that they were unfinished.

The only thing I do worry about - Is the cutscenes. I like the Original cutscenes style but I love the one from the last Blizzcon…I don’t want the old cutscene’s style anymore - I want a fully animated storytelling

4 Likes

Well I would want that as well, but unfortunately on that regard it seems that their decision is final and they simply lacked the time/resources to re-create every cutscene in the game like that.

1 Like

Honestly I can’t imagine who in the right mind thought the new graphics would be better…

Graphics will be the same as Blizzcon ones

2 Likes

With such a tight deadline I think the game having the same graphics from the demo is wishful thinking. Otherwise ya know, they would’ve tested them in the beta from the start.

1 Like

They don’t need to use the full grapgics from the start,for the same reason they didn’t gave you World editor,Undead an Night Elves from the start - It’s just a beta-test. It’s not a Demo,It’s just Beta,which was made for you to give a feedback and find bugs. Even in their new Blizzard mentioned that Beta Graphics might be different from the release version

2 Likes

people freaking out about the beta because “beta is for final testing not unfinished stuff” (play any game that has launched early access on steam and you will find that is not the case) or because “the game only has a month to be finished” you need to understand that betas are actually tests and finishing touches on animations and spells are always the last things done in rpgs. But most importantly you need to know this is activision blizzard so when they said end of 2019 last year they meant an unfinished version or it wouldn’t actually make target. Remember this games beta was announced for summer 2019 last blizzcon so if they didn’t make that they aren’t making release window with a finished game. i guess what i am saying is we have no clue when it will be done but we do have an idea from when they did the sc remaster this team (classics) will give us a polished game at some point.

4 Likes

I hope is pre alpha alpha alpha of alpha graphics

2 Likes

The 2018 blizzcon version was polished so that they could present it. What we are playing now is just the bare minimum that blizzard wants us to look at. This beta quality was probably made even before they polished the culling chapter so you can expect that they have already made substantial changes over the course of the year and are just looking for feedback on things such as how the models look and the animations work. It’s just my opinion though

2 Likes

That doesn’t explain why they would downgrade the trees though. I hope you’re right on this but to tell you the truth, most of the time the beta will just end up looking similar to the released product.

2 Likes

Guys,how can you don’t understand the differences between Demo and Beta?
Demo - Is a small part of a complete game,with complete Graphics,complete Gameplay and etc,but with some locked features and Missions. Demo’s are created to let you play a part of a full release game,so you can decide if you want to buy a full version

Beta Test is something completely different. A piece of an unfinished game,with missing models,textures,shaders,animation
A whole point of Beta Test is to let players find some bugs that will be fixxed in a full project.
A Beta MUST be unfinished,cause it’s not a demo.It wasn’t created to be a release version in the first place - It’s an unfinished part of the game,without Campaings,with Missing models and Animations…It was created to search bugs,not to be a Demo.
The Culling WAS a Demo,and it was PLAYING AT THE DEMO AREA last year - That’s the reason why this was better

3 Likes