Things we NEED in the new EDITOR

For 2 just use a region?

Well mister Wizard, if I want holy light to do 100 extra healing, if a certain item is in the paladins inventory, I can’t do that at the moment, I tried. I’m by no means an expert, but I have insane experience with the editor.

This can be done with different methods.

An easy one where the spell tooltip does not show or update the amount of HP restored.

A more complicated one where the spell tooltip will update the amount of HP restored.

How can you have conditional tooltips?

Use triggers to set new tooltips, with condition.

If…
Then Ability - Set extended tooltip to…

3 Likes

Bookmarking that post.
Wouldn’t that make the map non-melee?

Also request: allow for target flag “undead” as it is missing from the current target selection (alive, ground, dead etac) - so maybe we can make “fountains of unlife” - fountains that heal undead and harm the living.

1 Like

Why do you buy bread, and not make it yourself from strat to finish, including your own grown wheat? The answer is, time and convinence. For the same reason we should have these things fixed in the editor.

1 Like

Why Blizzard doesn’t create your custom map for you ? Your answer is nonsense.

You have the tools already to do such things in the editor, and that is very easy if you skip the updated tooltip.

My dream is see a custom map totally in 3d like WoW gameplay

1 Like

No there are no such tools in the editor.

You can disprove me by taking screenshots of your triggers.

man, what you ask for is alrdy in WE since 2003.

1. X/Y coordinates is something like 5-6 grade of school.
  2. just create a trigger with location variable array and loop over all units you need and set thier locations into variable.
  3. triggers with events “cast effect”. Or technic ability with dummy spells.
  4. what you mean by elemental damage types? There are ones alrdy in game, but how to realize them is you way.

Dude, read some manuals made by mapmakers.

except that i never studied that part of school.

Man, clearly you need to practice the editor before saying such things. Most of what you say is already doable.

I made this map for you to see it by yourself, try it : http://www.mediafire.com/file/mw4flaopnvoucz1/holy_fire.w3x/file

Try holy fire with and without the item, and try to kill murlocs and see that they respawn. You can try it by yourself.

Triggers are fine, but i suspect he’s talking about GUI integration.

#3 would be awesome.

I opened your map and will research the triggers, but there has to be an easier way to manipulate abilities, other than with custom variables and advanced triggers.

I really want to play a custom game map like that! Will be really fun too!

That is very Easy already !

Honest question, is there an easy way to (for example) make an item that can augment storm bolt by increasing or decreasing its damage by 100 when you’re holding that item?