"There's no lan mode"

So basically, a hacky way to play.

i know it exists through custom games, but this is a poor excuse, there should be a simple Lan button, or an official button through the main menu options to switch fully offline and not have a bloody ping in LAN.

It angers people cuz the original game had a simple Lan button. that you know, it just worked :smile:

sure, keep it hidden and try telling people Lan exists through obscure posts like this, good job mate. and even then it isn’t even “offline” unless you force it. top kek thread.

16 Likes

No, it’s not “hacky.” It’s simple and it works. The only flaw is that there isn’t a giant flashing sign that says “LAN MODE THIS WAY!” And it’s far from the first game I’ve played that does it like this.

I think people forget the game is still peer-to-peer. Even with the modern battle.net

4 Likes

Can you have multiple instances of the game on same machine to play with yourself?

In all honesty, seriously tell me you really think that doing this:

is better than just clicking single button …

Just because everyone is trying to hate reforged doesnt mean other people need to defend everything …

6 Likes

by sandboxing or using virtual machines (you’ll need like a 4-core 8 thread CPU at least), yes you can run multiple instances.

Its one extra button press. So terrible, my word, how could I possibly handle that.

It’s also only necessary if you insist on not having an internet connection. Even if you’re on battle.net, the game is still peer to peer and you should have good network performance between machines on the same network. I was merely pointing out there’s multiple ways to do it, if you want to be really pedantic and never log in to battle.net or whatever.

As long as you are logged out, yes. Same computer, same desktop, same Battlenet account even.

You mean after logging out? If so, I’m not sure I trust that ping.

I did tests a couple weeks back where I physically disconnected from the internet by disabling my network adapter and/or unplugged my ethernet cord and the game still claimed to have a ping, which is impossible. So there being a ping when logged out, while the computer is connected to the internet, is definitely suspect.

1 Like

Don’t trust the ingame ping feature. It says you have a ping even when you’re offline with the network cable unplugged (as the poster above said). I don’t know what it’s based on, but it doesnt make sense.

And this thread isn’t about defending anything. It’s about facts. There are plenty of legitimate complaints to have about the game, but the statement that the game can’t be played over lan is factually incorrect.

1 Like

Even when you show people that it exists and it’s easy to do they will still complain about how there’s no LAN play. It’s like talking to a box of rocks.

How to start a LAN game:

1. https://imgur.com/PvHJOOu

2. https://imgur.com/mUINXSI

3. https://imgur.com/KFfDLXo

4 Likes

But it isn’t. If anything they’re trying to make it less hacky by making the game just know if you’re doing LAN or not, rather than have to specifically tell the game you are.

There’s a lot of modern software that handles things this way. This is a very…old response. Like yeah, it works the other way, but it also works this way.

2 Likes

Didn’t you just answer your own question? LAN mode should be present and clearly visible, not hidden behind offline mode. I was completely unaware of its existance until I read of it on the forums about a week ago. There should simply be a big LAN button in multiplayer submenu, near Battle.NET button, and Custom games should be separated into Single Player mode and Online mode. This is sane design. What we have now is insane design, where obvious functionaluty is hidden or half-assed, like key bindings. Seriously, programming bindable input in chromium overlay and writing it to txt is such a hard task these days?

4 Likes

Who, of the people criticizing Reforged, even talked about absence of LAN? Even though LAN in Reforged is nowhere near as convenient, it’s there, and people know it.

People rightfully criticize Blizzard for taking away the old game client, and the new one lacking custom games, campaigns, having terrible performance, etc.

All the problems with Reforged were listed in various forums online, many times over. And yet, here you are, making strawman arguments as a last ditch effort to stay in denial about this game’s poor state and defend it…

3 Likes

its literally two button presses. the same as before.

:rofl: you are kidding right ?

Edit: Going offline is nothing special to play lan, that how pirated games work :joy:

Obscure, but ok.

However, your post has instruction to do something that is literally impossible (launch warcraft 3 without battle.net app). ALL that the Warcraft III.exe or Warcraft III Launcher.exe do is launch battle.net, or install it if it’s not installed.

Classic didn’t have this always online DRM trash and it, you know, just worked.

And custom games that were offline (you could pause, save, load at will).

3 Likes

Shh according to him you are a rock in a box.

Don’t worry, Blizzard knows this issue, we’ll laugh at these people togather when they actually do add proper Lan with its button and true singleplayer mode.

1 Like

He’s not telling you to launch the game without the battle.net client.

You simply “log out” and then click “offline play”. Bam! you can play LAN games.

1 Like

This is a big lie. Anyone can turn their internet off, open battlenet in offline mode, go to custom games and play in Lan. Everyone can do that. Right now. If they want the offline mode with pause and cheats, they can go either campaign or test melee or custom maps using world editor. The complete offline mode is avaiable.

Playing the game through world editor. Nice.

And yes, you do have an offline mode. TEMPORARY. You still won’t even launch the game unless you log into battle.net in a while.

You know I think I’ll just stay away and play AoE2. At least I don’t get cucked (as much) by the online requirement. Thought I could still use W3 for some custom games, but after having an hour long game of lotr risk, then instantly desynced when a big fight broke out, I don’t think it’s worth the time (guess what never happened in classic).

3 Likes

While you lie that there’s no offline mode, that’s temporary and blá bla bla, wich are all lies, i play offline mode. You guys are dishonest. Why can’t you tell people the truth?

1 Like

I have to turn off my internet? Are you serious? I click log out and expect lan game. I don’t have to disable my internet to force the damn game play on my pc. This is just terrible experience.

3 Likes