Ping While Playing Offline - *REAL* Offline - New Edit

There’s been reports of the /ping command showing a ping when playing offline (as in clicking the “Play Offline” button on the login screen, or clicking the “Logout” button from within the game). That seems weird to me so I decided to test something out.

When I play offline for real, meaning I disable my network card or unplug my ethernet cable (it’s the same result for both), it still shows a ping:

EDIT: Each game was started with the network already disconnected, so it’s not an old value being left on the screen. And, it did change occasionally, so it was reading something. What is unclear.

This makes me wonder if the ping people are seeing in their offline games, when their network is not disabled/disconnected, is actually a mistake.

my best guess is it could be the frame render time. if your fps isn’t that great, 40-50 ms is within the realm of possibility (that being like 20-25 fps though)

I ran another true offline test with the FPS displayed as well. It looks to be too fast for a render time:

200 FPS would be 5ms per frame. So yeah, I have no idea what that number could be lol. Kinda makes you question if the ping while you’re ONLINE is at all accurate (just like you said)…

Also, the fact that they include fractional ms is odd by itself, considering most ping tools only go down to 1ms precision.