The Warcraft 3 Reforged Hype Train has been derailed

So offering the player’s choice between the old campaign and a new campaign is “bad”?

LOL

20 Likes

Doesn’t matter about the choice.

The bad writing that ultimately would have come with that new content would ruin Warcraft 3’s reputation worse than the decision to omit it ever would.

2 Likes

I feel sad about all this situation and I think Blizzard will not change their decision. But I hope for some clarification and answers from them because if they will ignore people, it clear sign that reforge support will end at release.
Also, I saw a message from Grubby in discord, map changes seem to be really small.
xhttps://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/3NrWPggi2lfY2JY8M0zzuyw4aLMbP-scuE96dKGN5HM/https/cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/638831862445244438/640901837465321472/unknown.png

1 Like

And that is completely subjective, sir

9 Likes

Stop cherry picking.

The entire quote is:

The bad writing that ultimately would have come with that new content would ruin Warcraft 3’s reputation worse than the decision to omit it ever would.

You’ve invalidated your own argument just by doing that. Good job.

1 Like

Watch the Campaign section. Ppl are here “I don’t want a completly new campaign wtf”, what’s hard understanding
“however they are building a little bridge between Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and the novels”
“The emphasis is still on the Warcraft 3’s story and increasing the depth of that original story”
“[…]but “there are parts, that make Warcraft 3, Warcraft 3”
They didn’t say a damn thing for a whole year, even in the W3 Reforged panel we didn’t learn that much ( about the campaign ).
And they drop a teaser for the Arthas vs Illidan cinematic like they just annonced the game… it’s not like the game is supposed to launch within 56 day.

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re trying to say, dude.

No I haven’t, actually. Your whole thing is subjective. “I think new campaign would be bad”

And I think promising people all these things only to yank them away is liable to get a class-action lawsuit.

3 Likes

“They didn’t scrap a ton of things.”
They deffinitly did, you’re just blind if you think they didn’t.
“The bad writing that ultimately would have come with that new content would ruin Warcraft 3’s reputation worse than the decision to omit it ever would.”
It’s adding small details that build “[…]a little bridge between Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and the novels” not doing a entirely new campaign.
That’s why it’s REFORGED, not remastered.

2 Likes

It would still be bad writing. We don’t need bad writing in this game.

Yes, you have.

And no it isn’t. The game’s still in development. It should have been clear from the start that nothing was promised and this was all stuff they’d LIKE to do, but could easily change during development due to feedback or other circumstances.

They never promised anything other than a game entitled Warcraft 3 Reforged that would be demonstrably more than a straight remaster of the original game. The details were always subject to change.

Your fault for getting hyped for things you read about in interviews published by Polygon.

You don’t know that, though. You have evidence of it, but nobody here knows for sure what their original angles were for a fully/more heavily Reforged campaign was going to include in the script.

Whatever new stuff they added would have been bad writing. Doesn’t matter how big or small it would have been.

It would have ruined the game’s reputation either way.

You don’t definitively know that and neither do I or anyone else on the forums.

7 Likes

No, I don’t, but I’m glad we don’t have to find out anymore.

You guys may be okay with that possibility, I’m not.

I have an aversion to risks like this.

Yeah because the writing in the OG Warcraft 3 was pulitzer worthy, while blizzard themselfs admitted there were just placeholder texts used.

You people are utterly mad.

It was still a damn sight better than anything they’ve put out since 2009, and that’s if I’m being generous. If I’m being real, it’s better than anything they’ve done since 2006.

Sheep? Lol. Who gave you the entitlement to have jurisdiction over somebody else’s interests and choices?

To me it sounds like you’re the sheep on the hype train of crying at blizzard for not catering to every little thing you want.

2 Likes

I am also sad that it will be just a re-skin, and that no new unit types are coming to the game, such as groundwalking onyxia style dragons, or drakes such as Ebonroc.

refund , is the best option i dont understand the people who defend blizzard that just stupid

2 Likes